Options

Red Rocks Ampitheater

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    Sorry didn't mean to cause a panic.

No you can't bring in the tarps anymore.
    But the video is emblematic of what it takes to get the good G.A. seats.

People do bring in blankets to hold seats, maybe 3 or 4 but no longer able to cover 10 or 12.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    wait until those fuckers with the tarps run into the people with numbers written on their hands...

could make for an amazing gang fight... the tarps versus the #'s!
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    my2hands said:

wait until those fuckers with the tarps run into the people with numbers written on their hands...

could make for an amazing gang fight... the tarps versus the #'s!

I would pay top dollar to see that fight
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    scornlanderscornlander Colorado Posts: 98
    Red Rocks doesn't always have a GA section. It just depends. The DMB shows in 2005 were all reserved seating.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,343
    PRLJM1 said:

KC138045 said:

chitty said:

Totally unrelated to PJ, but Red Rocks has been on my bucket list and I don't foresee PJ there anytime soon. So, The National, maybe my current fav band, is there at the end of July. I have my flight booked. I bought GA tickets, which is rows 1-24 and reserved row 31 seats. I am assuming the GA tickets are the ones to use? If you have seen a show there maybe you can help answer that.

Is there an easy way to get to RR via public transit?

Last I heard there is NO public transit to Red Rocks.
    However, there is some sort of shuttle service but I dont know where from or how it works

As for the G.A at Red Rocks they split up the seating row 1-24 and 60-69 are G.A. so you have to get there early to insure being in the first 24 rows. Red Rocks has really wide rows (over 120 seats in the widest parts) so hopefully your row 31 is in the center. Otherwise go for the g.a.

Heres how g.a. often works.....

https://youtu.be/SgQ-IyK4RAs

ENJOY!
    What am I missing here? What is the point in the tarps?
    I'm guessing to reserve your spot so you can then go enjoy your day.
    I can hear it now. "Hey, that's my spot. I know because it's the one with the blue tarp on it that I put there to reserve it"

Right! I watched that video and 9 out of ten tarps were blue. Looks like this would only cause problems and not solve anything. Why not just have reserved seats instead of this madness??
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

chitty said:

Totally unrelated to PJ, but Red Rocks has been on my bucket list and I don't foresee PJ there anytime soon. So, The National, maybe my current fav band, is there at the end of July. I have my flight booked. I bought GA tickets, which is rows 1-24 and reserved row 31 seats. I am assuming the GA tickets are the ones to use? If you have seen a show there maybe you can help answer that.

However, there is some sort of shuttle service but I dont know where from or how it works

As for the G.A at Red Rocks they split up the seating row 1-24 and 60-69 are G.A. so you have to get there early to insure being in the first 24 rows. Red Rocks has really wide rows (over 120 seats in the widest parts) so hopefully your row 31 is in the center. Otherwise go for the g.a.

ENJOY!
    That's a lot of tarps.

Dang when they panned up... it goes way way up doesn't it?!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

chitty said:

ENJOY!
    That's a lot of tarps.

Dang when they panned up... it goes way way up doesn't it?!
    69 rows
  • Options
    Saw the Avett Brothers and then Soundgarden and NIN there. Outstanding venue. The parking lot can be a lot of fun too if you want to hang out before the show. Its a great atmosphere all around. Be ready for a nice uphill walk getting in, and yes, it is a ways up to the top also, but a pretty cool landing up there for vending. Fun to visit during the day too...lots of folks use it as an outdoor gym!

As said before, put it on your list to catch a show in for sure. If it happens to be PJ, all the better.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    vito said:

Not if they play 3 shows! Places they need to add to this tour, 3 nights Red Rocks, 2 nights the Gorge, 2 nights Hollywood Bowl, 2 nights Shoreline Amphitheatre and then whatever else!

Replace Shoreline Amphitheater with The Fillmore (SF) and this list is complete! I for one don't care if I ever see PJ play again at Shoreline as 11 of my 36 shows have been there. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice outdoor venue to see a show at but I've definitely had more than my fill of that place.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Forgive me for not reading the whole thread. What dates would make the most sense around Telluride? Early in the week? July 4th and 5th?
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

PRLJM1 said:

KC138045 said:

chitty said:

ENJOY!
    I can hear it now. "Hey, that's my spot. I know because it's the one with the blue tarp on it that I put there to reserve it"

Right! I watched that video and 9 out of ten tarps were blue. Looks like this would only cause problems and not solve anything. Why not just have reserved seats instead of this madness??
    I've never had problems or issues about someone trying to encroach on my space when I've had a tarp down. People are pretty respectful and seem to abide by the first come first serve idea. And if you have extra space on your tarp, you usually let other people stand with you as long as they aren't assholes. At least that's what has happened the times that I have been there...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options

PRLJM1 said:

KC138045 said:

chitty said:

ENJOY!

I've never had problems or issues about someone trying to encroach on my space when I've had a tarp down. People are pretty respectful and seem to abide by the first come first serve idea. And if you have extra space on your tarp, you usually let other people stand with you as long as they aren't assholes. At least that's what has happened the times that I have been there...
    Until somebody shows up with a # on their hand
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Would love to see PJ at RR!
    One of the best shows I've ever been to:
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread. What dates would make the most sense around Telluride? Early in the week? July 4th and 5th?

4th is alwaya Blues Traveler

5th is a possibility
  • Options
    edited February 2016

4th is alwaya Blues Traveler

5th is a possibility
    Assuming blues travel does play the 4th, the 5th- 11th are still open. So possibly the 6th &7th. The 5th, 6th & 8th is another possibility. This way they avoid playing 3 nights in a row and play 3 shows at red rocks then play Ride on the 9th. Another possibility but probably most unlikely would be the 6th, 7th, and 10th.
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I love our zest for prognosticating. I have definitely participated in such. Telluride slipping up on us was very unusual. There's a very good chance I missed something in the rumor mill so go easy on me, but has there been any kind of leak on Red Rocks that I missed? Not trying to be a smart ass. Usually there are leaks of some sort when something is coming. Is this only based on them being in the state or is there more? The venues are usually the source in some way. I haven't heard anything reliable on this or the west coast stuff. I have heard reliable sources regarding a PJ 25 type event in the Seattle area. Doesnt mean it's not coming but no serious leaks like last fall.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Noload said:

I love our zest for prognosticating. I have definitely participated in such. Telluride slipping up on us was very unusual. There's a very good chance I missed something in the rumor mill so go easy on me, but has there been any kind of leak on Red Rocks that I missed? Not trying to be a smart ass. Usually there are leaks of some sort when something is coming. Is this only based on them being in the state or is there more? The venues are usually the source in some way. I haven't heard anything reliable on this or the west coast stuff. I have heard reliable sources regarding a PJ 25 type event in the Seattle area. Doesnt mean it's not coming but no serious leaks like last fall.

just wishful thinking at this point

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Noload said:

Understand. .nothing wrong with it just wanted to make sure there wasn't validity that I missed.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Noload said:

lolobugg said:

Noload said:

Understand. .nothing wrong with it just wanted to make sure there wasn't validity that I missed.
    i hear ya. it is hard to keep up on all these rumours...
    what about ATL 2016?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    CM189191 said:

Would love to see PJ at RR!
    One of the best shows I've ever been to:

Me too...I would LOVE to see a PJ show at Red Rocks,
    but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see my #2 band there!!
    Seeing My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks is one of the BEST shows I've seen anywhere!!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    If you will it, Dude, it is no dream...
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Noload said:

lolobugg said:

Noload said:

i hear ya. it is hard to keep up on all these rumours...
    what about ATL 2016?
    As far as i know, Bonnaroo killed it.
  • Options
    What if Red Rocks is PJ25. 4 nights, all 10c only. One could dream, right?
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 582
    Thanks, I will take the shuttle option advice. also since I like to pre-drink I will probably keep the reserved seats as I have no interest in row 60.

Thanks!
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    This has GOT to happen. haha. If not, I'm heading down to see Jason Isbell in September.
  • Options
    July 5th was just booked someone
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS
    With Special Guests to be announced
    July 5 – 8 p.m.
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Remember the LA shows at the Gibson back in 09 I think?? 2 shows then off to Austin and back for 2 more. Could they spend that much time in Colorado in the summer? I think so.
  • Options
    derbydave said:

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS
    July 5 – 8 p.m.
    This is fine. The 6th and 7th is what I have been hoping for. I follow red rocks on facebook and it really is amazing because a day doesn't go by without them announcing a show. Some days they announce 2! Pretty amazing! Everyone wants to play there!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

derbydave said:

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS
    July 5 – 8 p.m.
    This is fine. The 6th and 7th is what I have been hoping for. I follow red rocks on facebook and it really is amazing because a day doesn't go by without them announcing a show. Some days they announce 2! Pretty amazing! Everyone wants to play there!
    Except our favorite band for the last 20 years!