Options

Lottery Needs Fixing-Easy solution.

2»

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I would doubt that you can get any cross-section of fans where 67% would specifically opt out of a GA draw
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    But does this or doesn't it improve the chances for someone wanting GA to get in the door from the current system? If it does, it means it is decreasing the chances for someone not wanting GA to get in the door. The number of tix (GA + Reserved) doesn't change, but in the hypothetical example, it gives GA folks a much better chance to get in the door with a fallback to reserved.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    ckravitz said:

But does this or doesn't it improve the chances for someone wanting GA to get in the door from the current system? If it does, it means it is decreasing the chances for someone not wanting GA to get in the door. The number of tix (GA + Reserved) doesn't change, but in the hypothetical example, it gives GA folks a much better chance to get in the door with a fallback to reserved.

That's a good point.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I dont follow?

Everyone would have the same chance.

1,500 pairs
    4,000 people put in for tickets

1,500 drawn from the 4,000

out of the 1,500... 100 specified no GA so they are in reserved automatically

of the remaining 1,400, 500 are drawn for GA

The other 1,000 people are placed in reserved by seniority (unless they want to make the front row on the sides random or something.

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,509
    Some people want seats, not ga.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    And the lottery doesnt need fixing
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    What about this....

Lottery, you pick one show. You either win or lose. After the lottery if there are still 10c seats there is an F5 day for all remaining seats. If you won lottery you are still able to F5 away at the remaining tix.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

What about this....

Lottery, you pick one show. You either win or lose. After the lottery if there are still 10c seats there is an F5 day for all remaining seats. If you won lottery you are still able to F5 away at the remaining tix.

Thats called "public onsale"
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    edited January 2016
    MayDay10 said:

I dont follow?

Everyone would have the same chance.

1,500 pairs
    4,000 people put in for tickets

1,500 drawn from the 4,000

out of the 1,500... 100 specified no GA so they are in reserved automatically

of the remaining 1,400, 500 are drawn for GA

The other 1,000 people are placed in reserved by seniority (unless they want to make the front row on the sides random or something.

I could care less either way - my idea is they should make 10% of the 10c tickets up for AUCTION to raise money for charity for every show.

But on the point given your numbers - today someone who just wants reserved can put that as a higher priority. Under your scenario that person has less of a chance. Person puts in for both has a 500/3900+1000/3500 or 41.39% chance. If someone opts out of GA they a 1000/3500 chance or 28.57%. So basically if you opt out you have 45% less chance of a ticket!!!!
    Like I said I don't care but that's the math. (once corrected xD)
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218

What about this....

wouldn't work in the northeast. too many people want those shows and would just increase the number of people signing up spouses, children, friends etc. . it would be nice to guarantee each member at least one show but it's just not possible with the number of shows and demand in certain markets.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Limiting it to one show helps the clutter. You decide, Philly or NYC. People are entering both now (although I can't imagine someone winning both cities).

I mean, nothing will work. There's more fans than seats.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    There's a lot of weighting factors that could be implemented, such as geographic location, succes rate over past tours, seniority, better distribution of winners (reduce amount of people winning multiple shows while others get none), etc.

And it would be very simple as far as the maths/coding world goes. But most people outside that realm would think it to be too complicated. The 10C would see it as too much hassle, and I don't think they really give a shit anyway. They know they can't please everyone, and think this current situation is good enough and satisfies enough people.

The one thing which would be easy for them to do is to let people choose whether to go for a single or a pair. It's baffling why this isn't allowed, there's no logical reason.