Options

2016 Moving Train Tour

What shows are Train "regulars" attending??
Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I will be at Greenville and Columbia, and Scott (Last12Exit) is hitting Columbia and Max. He also told me to say hello to all you fine folks!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,156
    i'm not going to any. none of the dates matched up with my schedule.

i will try for fenway or wrigley, but it won't kill me if i don't score tickets.

honestly, for some reason i am just not feeling it this year.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited January 2016
    None dammit. No western Canadian shows.....and with the price of the loon, there is no way I can afford heading south this year.

It sucks that everyone (including me) is getting old and tied down with families. No big tours anymore. Not that I could blame the band.
  • Options
    dignin said:

None dammit. No western Canadian shows.....and with the price of the loon, there is no way I can afford heading south this year.

It sucks that everyone (including me) is getting old and tied down with families. No big tours anymore. Not that I could blame the band.

There's bound to be a west coast leg, no way they would snub the entire west.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    rgambs said:

dignin said:

I like your optimistic attitude. Also looks like Radiohead is only going to do big festivals this summer too, so that's another bummer.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Based on what's been announced so far, nada for me.

Happy to see some of my friends here have scored! Hopefully more to follow.

A big hello to Scott :)
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited January 2016
    dignin said:

What are talking about Dig.Im getting younger.My youngest and last one who was at home left 2 years ago.We go to more shows now then we ever did.Trust me there will be light at the end of the tunnel.Hang in there.Do you have young kids?
    We had kids young so that helped ,Dont get me wrong,those years with them home were great also it just nice to be a bit selfish after 25 years.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,751

i will try for fenway or wrigley, but it won't kill me if i don't score tickets.

2 1/2 yr old record? Been there , done that twice on LB. Dont expect a third to be that much different .

Better things for my cash.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

2 1/2 yr old record? Been there , done that twice on LB. Dont expect a third to be that much different .

agreed.

plus, i thought the bitching about not getting tickets on this website was bad. you should see the facebook groups. it is bitching on steroids. it's negative and i don't need it.

i view it as i did someone a favor and let them have my tickets ;)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Maybe they will drop a couple new tunes on us, like the old days.
    Wishful thinking lol
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

agreed.

plus, i thought the bitching about not getting tickets on this website was bad. you should see the facebook groups. it is bitching on steroids. it's negative and i don't need it.

I haven't checked, it's always chaos over there. Everyone makes their own post and you can't follow or find anything. Plus about 75% of the people are functionally retarded monkeys pounding on oversized keyboards.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

agreed.

I haven't checked, it's always chaos over there. Everyone makes their own post and you can't follow or find anything. Plus about 75% of the people are functionally retarded monkeys pounding on oversized keyboards.
    how can you not check? my entire newsfeed was people in the "official" group complaining about how they got screwed out of tickets, etc, etc. as if they are owed anything. i could not escape it today.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    FLL/MIA/TMP
    then hopefully Boston and Chicago
  • Options

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

agreed.

how can you not check? my entire newsfeed was people in the "official" group complaining about how they got screwed out of tickets, etc, etc. as if they are owed anything. i could not escape it today.
    Unfollowed, and whatever else my wife showed me to do so that my neesfeed would stay clean lol
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    I will be going to both Chicago shows. Also looking at some Ben Harper dates.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

agreed.

Sorry for laughing at this.

I tried reading some of it and decided it'd be much more fun while high =)

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

agreed.

The "unfollow" function is the best thing that ever happened to Facebook. I prefer to keep my groups out of my newsfeed. I'm in quite a few, not all of them are PJ.

I'll be at MSG one way or another. Even if I'm just sat across the street crying.
    Waiting to hear from my friend about Philly. I'm planning on Philly 2 but I won't be heading down there without a ticket.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

dignin said:

I like your optimistic attitude. Also looks like Radiohead is only going to do big festivals this summer too, so that's another bummer.
    There will be western shows in the fall. Gotta be. And judging by the fact they are playing some major 'destination' type shows in the east, I'd not be surprised to see both Red Rocks and the Gorge on that list.
    I'm posting from Thailand atm.....so my holidays and vacation $ for '16 are already stretched thin...Add the fact that you mentioned - Radiohead playing shows in NA this year (I've never seen them and they only seem to tour the same years as PJ!)....and the exchange rate you mentioned...and I have some tough decisions to make. Skipping the eastern shows is a no-brainer considering all of that.
    You kids have fun tho!

Re age, this is my new mindset:

Level 41 is my personal best.
  • Options
    Level 50 here...but it's surprisingly nice :)

Hope you're enjoying Thailand and all its beauty, Drowned!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

agreed.

Sorry for laughing at this.

I tried reading some of it and decided it'd be much more fun while high =)

It was meant for the laughing!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    hedonist said:

Level 50 means you're kicking my ass!
    Thanks hedo! I couldn't possibly be having a better time. Haven't been this relaxed in a looooong time. Hope our paths cross at some point in the fall.
  • Options
    Backatcha, my friend.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

hedonist said:

Level 50 means you're kicking my ass!
    Thanks hedo! I couldn't possibly be having a better time. Haven't been this relaxed in a looooong time. Hope our paths cross at some point in the fall.
    Nice, Thailand!!!! How's the weather been? I will be in there in a week for 3 weeks. Doing Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Ko Phi Phi
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    This seems to have devolved quickly from "shows the regulars are going to" to "shows the regulars aren't going to, for a variety of reasons". Nonetheless, I'll stick with the original question, even though I'm only a semi-regular. I decided to go all-in this year and plan to attend 7 shows, Philly 1 through Quebec City. I only won tickets to Philly 1 in the lottery but my ticket buddy got Philly 2 and Ottawa, so at this point three down and four to go.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

This seems to have devolved quickly from "shows the regulars are going to" to "shows the regulars aren't going to, for a variety of reasons". Nonetheless, I'll stick with the original question, even though I'm only a semi-regular. I decided to go all-in this year and plan to attend 7 shows, Philly 1 through Quebec City. I only won tickets to Philly 1 in the lottery but my ticket buddy got Philly 2 and Ottawa, so at this point three down and four to go.

There probably won't be many of us so the thread can meander if it will stay alive for any stragglers.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    no shows for me. already went to St Paul for LB, and the lagging loon will not allow me to head south again anytime soon. Vegas in December was a money-flusher. holding out hope for a Winnipeg show, but that won't be for a while I'm guessing.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Tampa and Ottawa
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    I'll be at both MSG shows. I bought the plane ticket before I had concert tickets but it's a trip home regardless. My ticket buddy scored night 2, hopefully Friday brings some luck for night 1.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    I put in for the three local shows MSG & Philly with no luck was really not counting on winning any but it's all good I'm done attending PJ shows I've seen them 40 times I found myself bored last time I saw them , not renewing after this yr it was good while it lasted ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    eddiec said:

I'll be at both MSG shows. I bought the plane ticket before I had concert tickets but it's a trip home regardless. My ticket buddy scored night 2, hopefully Friday brings some luck for night 1.

I did the same for Ft, Lauderdale and Miami. Almost cancelled my airfare since I didn't hear about my successful bids till like 7pm yesterday, had till 8pm to cancel airfare for free... So Time to bust out the yellow banana hamuck and prouse around the beaches of. Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Beach before the shows;)