Options

Trolls

13»

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    There used to be a 'foe' button on the old forum...I found it very, very useful (I know Kat didn't like it).

Can we have a 'foe' button? pretty please?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    rollings said:

my new-found mascot

this is fantastic!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

There used to be a 'foe' button on the old forum...I found it very, very useful (I know Kat didn't like it).

i forgot all about the foe button. i used it on a couple of occasions when things got a bit testy for my tastes. i think it helped keep me from getting banned more often.

i mainly used the friend button so i knew when my peeps were online.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

RKCNDY said:

i forgot all about the foe button. i used it on a couple of occasions when things got a bit testy for my tastes. i think it helped keep me from getting banned more often.

Jesus, I thought you wrote "testy for my testes" =)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

:rofl:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    rollings said:

"Burning airlines give you so much more."
    -Brian Eno

"Flying lawn mowers always make you feel so much better!"
    -Brian Lux
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Free said:

Free said:

Trolls have single handedly ruined what was so great about social media.

...and troll feeders.
    social media is ruined?

oh
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

rr165892 said:

does a troll = those who disagree with ones own line of thinking? I think some on these boards think that is the case.

Had same thought. Also like Chad's reply. I like trolls. Course sure people feel I am one at times. Ha.
    Reason number 642 the DP is appropriate (LOL!).
    Love it.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

RKCNDY said:

the stupid thing about the "foe" button was it showed you there was a post, but just hid the text. it's like having a sign on the fridge "giant chocolate cake here, don't open the door".

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

the stupid thing about the "foe" button was it showed you there was a post, but just hid the text. it's like having a sign on the fridge "giant chocolate cake here, don't open the door".

I actually disliked the part where when somebody else quoted them, you would still see what they said.
    I didn't care if it showed they posted because I didn't really care what they had to say. The foe button made it easier to skip over their posts.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

lol nice.

• Options

RKCNDY said:

see, i am different. knowing that that particular poster posted something did not make me curious to see what they posted. it made me relieve that i did not have to read it and respond to it.

• Options

So, you liken posts from your foes as scrumptious, delicious chocolate cake, eh?

• Options
    rollings said:

So, you liken posts from your foes as scrumptious, delicious chocolate cake, eh?

bad analogy. just meant being tempted by something bad for you.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

rollings said:

Too late.

No takey-backsies.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

rollings said:

Too late.

No takey-backsies.
    my dad could beat up your dad.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

rollings said:

Too late.

No takey-backsies.

In all seriousness... the foe button never worked for me for the same reason as you. I simply didn't have the discipline to ignore like I kind of wanted to.

I only had a couple people on that list that never worked for me.
  • Options

rollings said:

Too late.

No takey-backsies.

In all seriousness... the foe button never worked for me for the same reason as you. I simply didn't have the discipline to ignore like I kind of wanted to.

me and Callen? :lol:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited February 2016

rollings said:

Too late.

No takey-backsies.

LOL

No. I love the feeling when I poke pins into my eyeballs and you guys have done a good job motivating me to do that on occasion. So no.
  • Options

rollings said:

Too late.

No takey-backsies.

LOL

No. I love the feeling when I poke pins into my eyeballs and you guys have done a good job motivating me to do that on occasion. So no.
    so it's actually like a sign on the fridge door that says "get some pins in your eyes right here " and goshdarnit you just got to have a peek. ?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rollings said:

rollings said:

Too late.

No takey-backsies.

LOL

so it's actually like a sign on the fridge door that says "get some pins in your eyes right here " and goshdarnit you just got to have a peek. ?
    Pretty much.

Sometimes you know what you're getting into, but you proceed with reckless abandon anyways.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2016
    I remember the old forum was always dark, kind of like the lights out function but without blinding white text to contrast.
    Stickies were big, foe button worked well but it didn't really introduce you to new people/ideas/thoughts.

edit - I remember when a screen shot of the old forum was posted compared to this one and everyone complaining how the white was too blinding for the eyes.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,754
    rollings said:

my new-found mascot

I love this, so hard!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

rollings said:

my new-found mascot

I love this, so hard!
    (* me too!!!!! :fearful: )!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I remember the old forum was always dark, kind of like the lights out function but without blinding white text to contrast.
    Stickies were big, foe button worked well but it didn't really introduce you to new people/ideas/thoughts.

edit - I remember when a screen shot of the old forum was posted compared to this one and everyone complaining how the white was too blinding for the eyes.

This post would be equally relevant in the "change supported by young" thread! Lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,588

But they changed it pretty quick. The blinding white became shades of grey a long time ago.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata