Options

*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

1363738394042»

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

The stress of reading these posts is just so bothersome. Holding your breath to get lotto tickets. Then holding your breath in the miles long merch lines. Or spending the night in a GA for a chance at the rail or trusting the lines stay in first-come. It's just so sad so much stress goes into a rock concert.

But this is self-initiated stress. You could just get your tix and go into the show right before start time. You want to get as close as possible, well there is an additional amount of stress involved with that.

The build up of getting to the rail or scoring the next "Donkey Kong" is what causes the stress.

I can only speak for myself, but I had a great time in Lexington. Explored the city, visited some distilleries, and met some great people. And the kicker was my wife and I enjoyed another kick ass PJ show without worrying about any lines. It's a rock show, not antique roadshow, get out of the lines people.

Well that's not entirely true...I did wait a moment or two for a beer at Rupp.
    yeah. i had given up on getting a poster by this show. made it much more enjoyable. if only the aisles were wider.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 276
    I don't do posters and only buy reserved seating. I do hate it for those who work so hard to get posters, the rail, etc. I don't relate at all but I hate it. Except for the flippers. Fuck the flippers.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    lolobugg said:

The stress of reading these posts is just so bothersome. Holding your breath to get lotto tickets. Then holding your breath in the miles long merch lines. Or spending the night in a GA for a chance at the rail or trusting the lines stay in first-come. It's just so sad so much stress goes into a rock concert.

But this is self-initiated stress. You could just get your tix and go into the show right before start time. You want to get as close as possible, well there is an additional amount of stress involved with that.

The build up of getting to the rail or scoring the next "Donkey Kong" is what causes the stress.

I can only speak for myself, but I had a great time in Lexington. Explored the city, visited some distilleries, and met some great people. And the kicker was my wife and I enjoyed another kick ass PJ show without worrying about any lines. It's a rock show, not antique roadshow, get out of the lines people.

Well that's not entirely true...I did wait a moment or two for a beer at Rupp.
    yeah. i had given up on getting a poster by this show. made it much more enjoyable. if only the aisles were wider.
    I used to stand in line for a shirt but gave up on it all because I wasted hours doing so and could have been enjoying meeting new people or enjoying the city. I had never been to Lexington and didn't even think twice about skipping getting a shirt

• Options
    PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    Bought a poster on eBay this weekend. It was a classic show and poster and I had to have one. Definitely near the top for me. Not sure if anything will ever top Moline!
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    I still haven't been able to come across this poster. I have been trying since the show to get one...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Still a popular one!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Huh. I bought one and mailed it off to a friend as soon as I got home. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1