Options

*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Well I did not get treated the way you did! Wtf!? I also booked thru expedia, 2 beds. I didn't get 2 beds. I asked for a discount because they didn't honor my reservation and they refused saying they can't because I booked thru expedia. The room was not worth what they charged me. It had some horrible fucking clicking going on in the wall all night long :tired_face: ANG OMG FUCK THOSE ELEVATORS.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited April 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

Well I did not get treated the way you did! Wtf!? I also booked thru expedia, 2 beds. I didn't get 2 beds. I asked for a discount because they didn't honor my reservation and they refused saying they can't because I booked thru expedia. The room was not worth what they charged me. It had some horrible fucking clicking going on in the wall all night long :tired_face: ANG OMG FUCK THOSE ELEVATORS.

Go to expedia's customer service page and click "contact us" on the upper right hand of the screen, enter your phone number, and they will call you. Here is the link:

Hyatt (assistant front office manager Whitney Patrick) said that expedia would refund me, but when I got back home I saw they didn't and expedia contacted the hyatt and got my refund. I had expedia call me, they called the hotel, and I got my refund.

Someone I was telling this story to said some major hotel brands are trying to get rid of expedia and they are using this method of giving priority to those who book through their website. Well, I'm not ever booking another Hyatt again for the rest of my life. Awesome strategy, Hyatt ....
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Jason thanks for the heads up! I was going to get a message to the manager some how and advise them to educate their employees about my situation. The little blonde they had down there this morning looked at me like a dear in head lights.

That just totally sux what happened to you. What they charged is just outrageous. But I guess they can.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    edited April 2016
    Peyton18 said:

The show was awesome! Loved the set list! My only gripe was the GA line getting into Rupp! I think Akkus will agree! It was shit that half the people sitting in the GA line got screwed out of their place in line because Rupp's security getting into the venue! Don't get me wrong I still had a great spot but was hoping to finally get the rail and would have if not for Rupp's security getting everyone out of order entering the arena. Hope everyone enjoyed the show! Rupp was rocking last night!

GA line got screwed! Email tickets@tenclub.net to let them know. I did and they said they'd look into it. They need to know how these venues are managing their fans. A guy I merged with said he got in line 20 mins ago. Then I saw someone with rain on their shirt and I knew they were out in the second wave when it rained. Just not right. The only way 10C will know about is if you email them. It was a great show and GA is always awesome. Rupp just didn't seem to have a clue how a GA line works.
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    laa1025 said:

Peyton18 said:

The show was awesome! Loved the set list! My only gripe was the GA line getting into Rupp! I think Akkus will agree! It was shit that half the people sitting in the GA line got screwed out of their place in line because Rupp's security getting into the venue! Don't get me wrong I still had a great spot but was hoping to finally get the rail and would have if not for Rupp's security getting everyone out of order entering the arena. Hope everyone enjoyed the show! Rupp was rocking last night!

GA line got screwed! Email tickets@tenclub.net to let them know. I did and they said they'd look into it. They need to know how these venues are managing their fans. A guy I merged with said he got in line 20 mins ago. Then I saw someone with rain on their shirt and I knew they were out in the second wave when it rained. Just not right. The only way 10C will know about is if you email them. It was a great show and GA is always awesome. Rupp just didn't seem to have a clue how a GA line works.
    Yeah, that was a nightmare. We was there at like 6:30 am, then when they split the line into 3 separate lines, I seen folks who showed up in like the 2 or 3 o clock hour walking through the security checkpoint at the same time as me. We still got a good spot, and the folks in line did a good job of getting back into the correct order while walking to the GA pit, but Lexington security completely screwed up!

1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    The Akkus said:

laa1025 said:

Peyton18 said:

Yeah, that was a nightmare. We was there at like 6:30 am, then when they split the line into 3 separate lines, I seen folks who showed up in like the 2 or 3 o clock hour walking through the security checkpoint at the same time as me. We still got a good spot, and the folks in line did a good job of getting back into the correct order while walking to the GA pit, but Lexington security completely screwed up!

if you were in the middle line or the line to the right you got screwed, the left line flew and people behind us made it way before I got in and I decided to cut over to the left lane...I still ended up 3 people back on Mike's side but they definitely handled that situation poorly

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    We weren't in the GA line, but we couldn't figure out where it started or ended!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

The Akkus said:

laa1025 said:

Peyton18 said:

if you were in the middle line or the line to the right you got screwed, the left line flew and people behind us made it way before I got in and I decided to cut over to the left lane...I still ended up 3 people back on Mike's side but they definitely handled that situation poorly

Yeah, we were in the right line. Everyone noticed that the left line had tons of people that that showed up way later.
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2014 - Cincinnati
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    The Akkus said:

laa1025 said:

Peyton18 said:

I thought they did a great job other than the line splitting into three at the security checkpoint. The security guards who were outside all day were super friendly, polite, and communicated well what and when things were going to happen. I was around #30 in line and wound up what would have been #4 or #5 going into the checkpoint. It was pretty tense for a minute, and rightfully so for those who'd been in line longer, but diplomacy prevailed and we self-policed by letting in front of us folks who'd been in line longer, and then once thru the checkpoint the security guard slow-walked us so, at least for the first fifty folks or so, we could reorganize into the proper order.

I wound up on the rail in front of Stone. First time on the rail for a PJ show....woohoo!!! :smiley: Definitely some long hours served in line but in the end worth it for the experience....new friends, life long memories, and even a sip of Ed's wine :sunglasses:
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    jjflash said:

The Akkus said:

laa1025 said:

Peyton18 said:

I thought they did a great job other than the line splitting into three at the security checkpoint. The security guards who were outside all day were super friendly, polite, and communicated well what and when things were going to happen. I was around #30 in line and wound up what would have been #4 or #5 going into the checkpoint. It was pretty tense for a minute, and rightfully so for those who'd been in line longer, but diplomacy prevailed and we self-policed by letting in front of us folks who'd been in line longer, and then once thru the checkpoint the security guard slow-walked us so, at least for the first fifty folks or so, we could reorganize into the proper order.

I wound up on the rail in front of Stone. First time on the rail for a PJ show....woohoo!!! :smiley: Definitely some long hours served in line but in the end worth it for the experience....new friends, life long memories, and even a sip of Ed's wine :sunglasses:
    I do agree that the security folks were wonderful. They seemed very kind. Glad that at least some portion of the line was able to go back to original order so that everyone could get the priority that they worked for.

That wine is some tasty stuff! Got some last year. :smile: Glad that you got some, jjflash! I saw you walking around with what looked like half of the concession stand, too. Planning ahead for the long haul, eh? :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    jjflash said:

The Akkus said:

laa1025 said:

Peyton18 said:

Yes, I agree. I could have worded it better. The outside security was amazing. Very nice folks. And the inside security folks were cool, they just had a system that didn't work with the "1st come 1st served" mentality of a GA line.

2006 - Cincinnati
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2014 - Cincinnati
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,049
    know1 said:

Show was great and the band was awesome. Lexington restaurants and bars were awful and so were the concession lines in Rupp. Poor showing by the city. I was embarrassed by it.

Unfortunately, a lot of the local places didn't plan ahead for this. The lack of service and wait staff/bartenders showed that. However, once in my seat at Rupp...all was forgotten!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    same problem in columbia at the places we went.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    jedubfjedubf Cbus Posts: 35
    Looking for poster, sticker and pin from Lex - missed all three. Have extra set from Tampa to trade. thx
    2003 Columbus, 2010 Columbus, 2013 Phoenix, 2014 Cincinnati, 2016 Tampa, 2016 Lexington, 2018 Chicago x 2, 2022 St Louis, 2022 OKC, 2022 Denver
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,049
    It was a fantastic show, something that I will always remember! Well worth the drive from EC Indiana.
    My wife had something that came up at the very last minute and I was able to talk my buddy into coming along to his first PJ show. He was very impressed and thought that they put on a great show from start to finish...and I couldn't agree more.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    edited April 2016
    Security guards outside were great! Gary was our friend. :) It seemed that the inside people had no concept of what had been happening outside (as far as the line, people being out there for a long time, etc). It was a great show!!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    General admission.....can be a bitch sometimes.
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 307
    What an amazing time! This was my 3rd show (2nd as a 10c member), went solo and was a little nervous if I'd have a great time but I met some awesome people in the merch line, grabbed a burger with some people i met on the hotel shuttle, had a some drinks and good conversation with the fellow 10 clubber who bought my extra ticket, rocked the fuck out at the show then walked 2 miles in the rain to the hotel and couldn't have been happier! See you at Wrigley!
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    The one problem with GA line by the metal detectors was that Pearl Jam's own security was up at the front and still did nothing to correct it! The heavy set bald guy is in charge of the security and he did nothing to fix the problem. You had Akkus and another guy in a Cubs hat trying to get everything fixed but it didn't end up happening. Akkus it was great meeting you and your wife! You guys were right behind me and my buddy all day and we enjoyed talking to you. Hope you to see you in Chicago
  • Options
    Can anyone post a pic of what the poster looks like?
  • Options
    4bjackso4bjackso Posts: 5
    I don't ever post on here, but I have to agree that the GA line security issue was awful. I had somehow talked my husband into staying in line overnight (which he thought was ridiculous), because I really wanted to for sure be on the rail just once. So we did. Which ended up not being so bad. We met some really cool people and like everyone is saying the outside security was great. We were somewhere around the 20th person mark in line going in. As we went in it was really nice and slow, strolled down the center lane thinking the line would stay in order and fan out up at the beginning of the metal detectors. Everyone's all excited about finally getting to go in. So I'm sure you can imagine when a rush of people flooded up both sides of us my heart just sank.... here I had slept out overnight on the street like a bum when we had a perfectly good hotel room and it was pointless. When those lines started rushing through security and we were 20 people back in our middle line naturally about 40 people on the sides of us + the legit 20 people ahead of us went in first. Basically bumped to 60th probably worse. When we finally got to the floor the rail was just about taken up. The only thing that saved us was I immediately went up to a couple guys that had initially been a few people behind us and asked them if there was anyway I could get up beside them, which they very kindly moved down some and let me in. Thanks guys!! My husband stood behind me, which was fine given the circumstances. I noticed there were some people that weren't so lucky, like the guys that had been right in front of us. I'm not out to blame anybody, heck I'm just grateful to have won GA tickets in the first place. I know there are tons of people that would have appreciated getting to stand in the back of GA. It was a killer show and it was nice to see some fellow ten club members that were very first in line trying to correct the situation for others. I'm going to chalk this up as I must be very unlucky haha! But if actual ten club security was up there and obviously didn't try to correct what happened. That does upset me a little bit.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited April 2016
    A lot of people in the GA line got screwed. We did not get in line until 5:00 p.m., but by the time they let us in there were a ton of people lined up behind us. Of that group we were the last ones in because somehow we got in the slow line. We should have been about 4 rows back instead we were 8 or 9 rows back. People that were pretty wet from the rain were in front of us even though we got in before the rain hit at all. It was frustrating. The security guys were super nice. In fact it seemed that all of the staff were friendlier than most other venues. I think it got screwed up because of the rain. They were trying to get everyone in before the storm.

The show was great! My husband and I met two very nice guys in the GA line and enjoyed the show with them in the pit. It was so nice to meet you Todd and Kevin from Southern Ohio - in case you are on the board.
    Post edited by Riverrunner on
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856

A lot of people in the GA line got screwed. We did not get in line until 5:00 p.m., but by the time they let us in there were a ton of people lined up behind us. Of that group we were the last ones in because somehow we got in the slow line. We should have been about 4 rows back instead we were 8 or 9 rows back. People that were pretty wet from the rain were in front of us even though we got in before the rain hit at all. It was frustrating. The security guys were super nice. In fact it seemed that all of the staff were friendlier than most other venues. I think it got screwed up because of the rain. They were trying to get everyone in before the storm.

The show was great! My husband and I met two very nice guys in the GA line and enjoyed the show with them in the pit. It was so nice to meet you Todd and Kevin from Eastern Kentucky - in case you are on the board.

Hey Gina, Enjoyed meeting y'all and talking all things PJ at Pies & Pints the night before the show. Hope to toast a drink w/ y'all in Chicago!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited April 2016
    jjflash said:

The show was great! My husband and I met two very nice guys in the GA line and enjoyed the show with them in the pit. It was so nice to meet you Todd and Kevin from Eastern Kentucky - in case you are on the board.

Hey Gina, Enjoyed meeting y'all and talking all things PJ at Pies & Pints the night before the show. Hope to toast a drink w/ y'all in Chicago!
    Hey David, we had a blast with you guys. So glad you got on the rail and got to hold up Ed!
    And thanks again so much for picking up the posters, sticker, and pin. I would never have gotten one if it wasn't for you and Patrick. And our friend, Melissa, appreciates it too - she got the 2nd poster. Hope to see you at future shows. I'll touch base with you before Wrigley. Melissa and I, and two other friends are thinking about camping out for Monday night's show. Thinking about it.......

Post edited by Riverrunner on
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Peyton18 said:

The one problem with GA line by the metal detectors was that Pearl Jam's own security was up at the front and still did nothing to correct it! The heavy set bald guy is in charge of the security and he did nothing to fix the problem. You had Akkus and another guy in a Cubs hat trying to get everything fixed but it didn't end up happening. Akkus it was great meeting you and your wife! You guys were right behind me and my buddy all day and we enjoyed talking to you. Hope you to see you in Chicago

Hey man! Was nice meeting you guys as well. Yeah, the dude in the Cubs hat (John) and I tried to get things worked out. The security guy first said "it could be worse". Then, after seeing that the answer he gave wasn't gonna fly, he told us that we could re-sort the line. That was pretty impossible tho considering there were 3 different lines. Overall, it seemed that for the most part, folks in our area still ended up pretty close to where they were in line.

PS, We are now for sure going to Chicago. If you, or anyone else has an extra pair of tickets or sees someone selling an extra pair for Night 1 Wrigley, my wife and I will buy em!

Take car bud!
    Post edited by The Akkus on
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2014 - Cincinnati
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    The stress of reading these posts is just so bothersome. Holding your breath to get lotto tickets. Then holding your breath in the miles long merch lines. Or spending the night in a GA for a chance at the rail or trusting the lines stay in first-come. It's just so sad so much stress goes into a rock concert.
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Akkus I'll be on the look out for some tickets! Take care
  • Options
    Peyton18 said:

Akkus I'll be on the look out for some tickets! Take care

Thanks brother. You take care as well!
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2014 - Cincinnati
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    Epic Show
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options

The stress of reading these posts is just so bothersome. Holding your breath to get lotto tickets. Then holding your breath in the miles long merch lines. Or spending the night in a GA for a chance at the rail or trusting the lines stay in first-come. It's just so sad so much stress goes into a rock concert.

But this is self-initiated stress. You could just get your tix and go into the show right before start time. You want to get as close as possible, well there is an additional amount of stress involved with that.

The build up of getting to the rail or scoring the next "Donkey Kong" is what causes the stress.

I can only speak for myself, but I had a great time in Lexington. Explored the city, visited some distilleries, and met some great people. And the kicker was my wife and I enjoyed another kick ass PJ show without worrying about any lines. It's a rock show, not antique roadshow, get out of the lines people.

Well that's not entirely true...I did wait a moment or two for a beer at Rupp.