Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Please release me one of these shows.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Ice22 said:

moisesjac said:

so here's a question...which city will get Oceans as the opener, Ft. Laud or MIA?

Great question moisesjac! I'm going with Miami since the Arena is right on the water.

For Ft. Lauderdale maybe Bugs ...lol. That venue sits right on the Everglades.
    haha! maybe Bugs into Rats into Red Mosquito for a swampy-themed start to the show.
    Chicago 7/19/2013
    Fort Lauderdale 4/8/2016
    Miami 4/9/2016
  • Options
    Ice22Ice22 Posts: 48
    Totally forgot Red Mosquito ... much more appropriate.

Alright ... for real. I think Pendulum for Ft Lauderdale and Oceans for Miami.

• Options
    waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    still on the hunt for 2 each FLL and Miami...GA or reserved. Devoted and dependable longtime fans and 10c members. Will meet you as early as you would like in line on the day of the show, and happy to put a deposit or pay in full via paypal. Wish we had more to trade but the lottery was not in our favor this time around. Thanks and be well, Sarah
  • Options
    Slag666Slag666 Posts: 35
    In for FLL and MIA. GA for both. Can't wait.
    (enter clever signature here)
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    moisesjac said:

Ice22 said:

moisesjac said:

so here's a question...which city will get Oceans as the opener, Ft. Laud or MIA?

Great question moisesjac! I'm going with Miami since the Arena is right on the water.

haha! maybe Bugs into Rats into Red Mosquito for a swampy-themed start to the show.
    If anyone makes the band aware of the fact that the hockey team that plays at the arena is known for rats thrown on the ice after every win, Rats is a pretty good bet to be played.

But yeah, red mosquito would be very fitting. As everyone in the GA line will find out, lol.
  • Options
    I'm headed down there from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada....but didn't win the bloody lottery... if any one has spares. TicketBasterd... here I come.
    X]  Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000)
    [X]  Toronto, Ontario (June 28, 2003)
    [X]  Calgary, Alberta (September 04, 2005)
    [X]  Edmonton, Alberta (September 05, 2005)
    [X]  Bologna, Italy (September 14, 2006)
    [X]  Berlin, Germany (September 23, 2006)
    [X]  Manchester, England (August 17, 2009)
    [X]  Dublin, Ireland (June 22, 2010)
    [X]  Belfast, Northern Ireland (June 23, 2010)
    [X]  London, England (June 25, 2010)
    [X]  Calgary, Alberta (September 21, 2011)
    [X]  Edmonton, Alberta (September 23, 2011)
    [X]  Calgary, AB (December 02, 2013)
    [X]  Fort Lauderdale (April 08, 2016)
    [X]  Miami (April 09, 2016)
    [X]  Tampa (April 11, 2016)
  • Options
    hoyatonehoyatone Posts: 143
    Anyone happen to have an extra single to either FLL or MIA?
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    Heading to both... It's pretty exciting always catching that first show of the tour.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    Ft. Lauderdale! (then Cancun for a week, then Hampton, Raleigh, and Columbia! - then back to Seattle)
    PA
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    Attaway77 said:

Heading to both... It's pretty exciting always catching that first show of the tour.

It is fun, I've been to the opening show for 2013 & 2014 and doing the same for 2016, only difference this time is that I'll be catching the last 2 shows of the tour
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    So i watching the hockey game last night (leafs vs Panthers) and couldn't help but think and picture PJ there at BT&T Center, that's where the game was. Man I can't wait
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Me and the wife both won Tampa and Jacksonville reserved looking to trade for Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
  • Options
    Anyone have recommendations for traveling to BBT Center from Fort Lauderdale ? My wife and I are flying in from Ohio and staying near beach. We are not renting a car and I have been looking at taxi etc. thanks
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    These two shows will be great and leave a lot of people scratching their heads - my pj spidey senses are tingling.
  • Options
    pjruss said:

moisesjac said:

Ice22 said:

moisesjac said:

If anyone makes the band aware of the fact that the hockey team that plays at the arena is known for rats thrown on the ice after every win, Rats is a pretty good bet to be played.

But yeah, red mosquito would be very fitting. As everyone in the GA line will find out, lol.
    OMG... I completely forgot about the RAT throwing! lol... Yes, someone needs to make sure they know about that!
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options

These two shows will be great and leave a lot of people scratching their heads - my pj spidey senses are tingling.

Uber
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    NB108713 said:

Anyone have recommendations for traveling to BBT Center from Fort Lauderdale ? My wife and I are flying in from Ohio and staying near beach. We are not renting a car and I have been looking at taxi etc. thanks

Without a rental car your best option is probably a taxi or uber. Depending on where you're staying in relation to Ft. Lauderdale beach, it should be a 15-20 mile distance to the venue (30 minutes or so time-wise), so i'd think uber would probably be cheaper. It's not the most convenient venue to get to, unfortunately.
    Chicago 7/19/2013
    Fort Lauderdale 4/8/2016
    Miami 4/9/2016
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I have used uber before, but not for long distances. I wasn't sure how far they usually go. I'm more concerned about after the show. I've never been to the arena, but it appears like nothing is around it. We got stranded in Detroit after the show in 2013. I'd rather not repeat that. Can't wait for the shows!
  • Options
    NB108713 said:

Thanks for the input. I have used uber before, but not for long distances. I wasn't sure how far they usually go. I'm more concerned about after the show. I've never been to the arena, but it appears like nothing is around it. We got stranded in Detroit after the show in 2013. I'd rather not repeat that. Can't wait for the shows!

The good news is that one thing that is close to the venue is a gigantic, relatively upscale outlet mall (Sawgrass Mills). That place is somewhat of a "destination", so I would imagine there might be more than a few ubers in the vicinity after the show.

These two shows are going to be something special.
    Chicago 7/19/2013
    Fort Lauderdale 4/8/2016
    Miami 4/9/2016
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Oceans - Lauderdale
    Release - Miami
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Hey guys, can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel near Beach in Fort Lauderdale. It does not have to be on beach since we will have a car. My girl and I fly in Thurs in the early am, plan to spend the whole day at beach and most of Friday then drive to show. Also does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel near the venue in laderdale for Friday night? We then plan to drive to Miami beach on sat, spend the day by the beach then go right to show. We probably won't get a hotel room sat night since we fly out at 7 am Sunday. So we were just going to walk around south beach for a few hrs. After show and go back to Fort Lauderdale airport and sleep a few hours in airport. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i dont think i was so curius how will be the place im visiting in the states as im now with florida
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    muskydan said:

Hey guys, can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel near Beach in Fort Lauderdale. It does not have to be on beach since we will have a car. My girl and I fly in Thurs in the early am, plan to spend the whole day at beach and most of Friday then drive to show. Also does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel near the venue in laderdale for Friday night? We then plan to drive to Miami beach on sat, spend the day by the beach then go right to show. We probably won't get a hotel room sat night since we fly out at 7 am Sunday. So we were just going to walk around south beach for a few hrs. After show and go back to Fort Lauderdale airport and sleep a few hours in airport. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Check out the express deals on Priceline. I was able to get a hotel in sunrise for $65 a night, and it ended up being the Sawgrass grand Hotel and resort. Looks nice enough for that cheap and I think it's only about a mile from the arena.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    NB108713NB108713 Posts: 49
    edited January 2016

Thank you for input! See you there!
    Post edited by NB108713 on
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

Check out the express deals on Priceline. I was able to get a hotel in sunrise for $65 a night, and it ended up being the Sawgrass grand Hotel and resort. Looks nice enough for that cheap and I think it's only about a mile from the arena.

Thanks 4 tip Buddy, counting the days.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    If anyone books hotels with Priceline, please share what u found. Thanks
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    PJam82PJam82 Posts: 107
    edited January 2016
    Okay, still have 1 reserved for Fort Lauderdale. PM if interested.

Ticket is gone.
    Post edited by PJam82 on
  • Options
    I'm a Florida Panthers season ticket holder. I was at the game last night and the PJ buzz was everywhere in the arena. They had ads all over, PJ music during stoppages, flyers everywhere, etc. People are pumped. It's a nice enough place, good sight lines for any event.
    As far as tailgating there is plenty of room in the parking lots, mostly behind the arena (u like Miami which has next to none). Will be a great atmosphere. Plenty of places to eat in the Sawgrass Mall across the street. Second biggest mall in the U.S.
    The best choice for hotel is the Doubletree, about a mile away. Nice 3 star hotel, easy to get to.
    Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm going with my 8yo son, his first show!
  • Options

I'm a Florida Panthers season ticket holder. I was at the game last night and the PJ buzz was everywhere in the arena. They had ads all over, PJ music during stoppages, flyers everywhere, etc. People are pumped. It's a nice enough place, good sight lines for any event.
    As far as tailgating there is plenty of room in the parking lots, mostly behind the arena (u like Miami which has next to none). Will be a great atmosphere. Plenty of places to eat in the Sawgrass Mall across the street. Second biggest mall in the U.S.
    The best choice for hotel is the Doubletree, about a mile away. Nice 3 star hotel, easy to get to.
    Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm going with my 8yo son, his first show!

I was watching back here in ontario last night and that's all I could keep picturing was me standing in that building watching Pearl jam and having a great fucking time!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2