Options

PHILLY 2016 ROLL CALL

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    will they go heavy on binaural and vitalogy tonight? i'd be 100% ok with that
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    This city is grand. It reminds me of pre-Guiliana nyc. Dont change a thing.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    rssesq said:

This city is grand. It reminds me of pre-Guiliana nyc. Dont change a thing.

It is an awesome city. Glad you are enjoying
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Anyone get an extra "L" shirt last night? I'd to get one for my son's 1st PJ show.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    edited April 2016

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I'm here, and I've been to one museum (Rodin), seen my hero (Rocky Balboa statue), and visited three cafes (Peddler, Square One, and OFC.) Yay!

Sounds awesome! Where's dinner?

I can walk to Osteria so I'm going to try there.

Such a great, great restaurant. Buon Appetito!

Gran Caffe' L'Aquila was originally in L'Aquila, the capital of Abruzzo (see my handle). It was destroyed by an earthquake in 2009 and they reopened the place here in Philly in 2015. Get a croissant filled with nutella and a cappuccino tomorrow morning.
    Nutella tastes like an Easter bunny. Cappo is good :)

Elegance will always be trending. Nice place.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    They must have had a lot of posters. Waited for 10 min and got key chain and a poster at the merch truck when we went to pick ten club tix at 515
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    MusicDude415MusicDude415 Philly Burbs Posts: 171
    I missed out at getting a poster and show shirt. If anyone has an extra of either, show shirt in a Medium; please message me.
    5/26/06 - Camden, NJ -- 10/31/09 - Phila, PA -- 10/21/13 - Phila, PA -- 10/22/13 - Phila, PA -- 04/28/16 - Phila, PA -- 04/29/16 - Phila, PA -- 09/14/22 - Camden, NJ
  • Options
    Looking for an extra ticket for tonight. Would sell my soul for a GA, but really just need to be in the building after last night's rock fest. PM me or text 215 313 4465 PLEASE!!
    2008 - Camden 1
    2009 - Philly 4
    2012 - MIA, Philly (21st B-day, PJ Twitter contest winner!!!)
    2013 - Philly 1,2. Baltimore
    2016 - Philly 1 (Club box), 2 (GA, Thanks to bbison)

"I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    *FAVORITE MEAL IN PHILADELPHIA*

Little Spoon Cafe - 15th and South

Huge greens salad with avocado and egg on toasted bread. Not skimpy on avocado. Side of roasted potatoes. Very good for cold April afternoon.

Thanks to this meal I want to be a food writer :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    Ms. Haiku said:

*FAVORITE MEAL IN PHILADELPHIA*

Little Spoon Cafe - 15th and South

Huge greens salad with avocado and egg on toasted bread. Not skimpy on avocado. Side of roasted potatoes. Very good for cold April afternoon.

Thanks to this meal I want to be a food writer :)

Ha, was just in that hood dropping off dry cleaning. I believe that's a new joint, haven't been yet.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I'm here, and I've been to one museum (Rodin), seen my hero (Rocky Balboa statue), and visited three cafes (Peddler, Square One, and OFC.) Yay!

Sounds awesome! Where's dinner?

I can walk to Osteria so I'm going to try there.

Such a great, great restaurant. Buon Appetito!

Gran Caffe' L'Aquila was originally in L'Aquila, the capital of Abruzzo (see my handle). It was destroyed by an earthquake in 2009 and they reopened the place here in Philly in 2015. Get a croissant filled with nutella and a cappuccino tomorrow morning.
    Nutella tastes like an Easter bunny. Cappo is good :)

Elegance will always be trending. Nice place.
    You went! Awesome!

Where's everyone gonna be beforehand? Xfinity was a shit show yesterday but it's kind of cold for tailgating.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    The lack of Vitalogy songs yesterday could not have been a coincidence - some of those songs are played at almost every show (Nothingman, Corduroy, Better Man) and none of them show up! It made the set odd and very surprising. This show is going to be very interesting!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I couldn't see that from the club box I was in. Anyone have extra shirts?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    I hope Philly treated the lot of you well. Come again.
  • Options
    I visited nine cafes:

OCF Coffee in Fairmont: great americano with square one coffee

Peddler Coffee in Art Museum District: great cozy good-for-a-date place. Nice tables. Tried latte with almond milk. Yuck. No more almond milk in coffee. Almond milk emphasizes non sweetness of espresso and it tastes burnt

Square One Coffee in Penn Center: cute place. Goldenrod yellow espresso machine. Good soy latte.

HubBub Coffee in Penn Center: excellent soy latte, cute red dishes.

Gran Caffe L'Aquila in Penn Center: elegant and good cappuccino

Ultimo in Graduate Hospital: I was too wired from the previous cappuccino to drink much of this latte. Interior design aligns with good contemporary cafes

Elixr Coffee in Rittenhouse Square: nine people at a table and I was the only one without a computer. Something interesting about this place.

La Colombe Coffee in Rittenhouse Square: I like the tables. I was disappointed that they gave me a paper cup. Their dishes are pretty.

Joe Coffee in Rittenhouse Square: good americano. Nice place to hang out before it's time to go home.
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    Ms. Haiku said:

I visited nine cafes:

OCF Coffee in Fairmont: great americano with square one coffee

Peddler Coffee in Art Museum District: great cozy good-for-a-date place. Nice tables. Tried latte with almond milk. Yuck. No more almond milk in coffee. Almond milk emphasizes non sweetness of espresso and it tastes burnt

Square One Coffee in Penn Center: cute place. Goldenrod yellow espresso machine. Good soy latte.

HubBub Coffee in Penn Center: excellent soy latte, cute red dishes.

Gran Caffe L'Aquila in Penn Center: elegant and good cappuccino

Ultimo in Graduate Hospital: I was too wired from the previous cappuccino to drink much of this latte. Interior design aligns with good contemporary cafes

Elixr Coffee in Rittenhouse Square: nine people at a table and I was the only one without a computer. Something interesting about this place.

La Colombe Coffee in Rittenhouse Square: I like the tables. I was disappointed that they gave me a paper cup. Their dishes are pretty.

Joe Coffee in Rittenhouse Square: good americano. Nice place to hang out before it's time to go home.

ever get your spaghetti? and how about those two shows wow!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    I think Canada is going to get our Strangest Tribe :bawling:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102

Those bastards! (Kidding of course)
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    edited May 2016

ever get your spaghetti? and how about those two shows wow!

I went to Osteria. It was good, but my favorite meal was at Little Spoon Cafe.

I loved those shows! When I think of Pearl Jam shows I think of Philly shows.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

I think Canada is going to have some great looking set list, too.