Options

Hometown gets screwed

2»

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,910

mcgruff10 said:

there is no way they won't play seattle this year.

Agreed.
    PJ_Soul said:

I also feel like something else will be announced at some point. I can't see this east coast/central tour being it for all of 2016.

Yep.

its an election year. Ed won't let the last 4 months of the year leading up to the election go without a few politically charged shows in October. Just before the World Series and the election.
    Didn't really do much if anything in '08 or '12.
    True. Just wishful thinking perhaps.
    It d be awesome if they did but I doubt it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

Don't compare Fenway Park and Wrigley Field to SafeCo. Do you really think any band in the world would rather play SafeCo?

I guess Paul McCartney doesn't count?
    thank you.

do your research corduroykelly.
    good for EV being a Cubs fan but they've played Wrigley before.
    Red Sox?? I hate other Boston teams almost as much as Cheatriots.

RKCNDY said:

Don't compare Fenway Park and Wrigley Field to SafeCo. Do you really think any band in the world would rather play SafeCo?

thank you.

What about Paul McCarrtney?
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648

shep said:

just be thankful you don't live in Houston. ;)

Shep you'll do Jazz fest right dude?
    wife's family has a condo in tampa, definitely going to catch that show...

everything else is in limbo... myself and the wife have been talking about going to NYC for years... despite the problem of getting tickets, it's enticing... we're going to figure out before the end of the week...

if we don't decide to go to NYC, probably going to make the 6 hour drive to jazzfest.... i hate paying those inflated hotel prices (assuming I can get a room for 1 or 2 nights).... but it will be one or the other....

excited to get in some shows! (even if no houston).
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

thank you.

What about Paul McCarrtney?
    http://www.seattletimes.com/photo-video/photography/paul-mccartney-plays-safeco-field-joined-by-former-nirvana-members/

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    Safeco Field 7-19-2013
    same day as PJ played Wrigley Field...

yeah and the remaining members of Nirvana played too.
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    I live here and don't feel screwed. Patience is key...plenty of room in those Summer months. Gorge for Labor Day weekend probably won't happen since the DMB are touring this Summer.
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    so, they are touring the south, finally, and the east coast/side/states(sort of...) as usual, it's reasonable they don't play seattle, to say the least; they tour for one month, and they play other six shows in june and august, if there isn't any promoter insterested in booking pearl jam to play in seattle during that time off, or ever, it's not the band's fault...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

so, they are touring the south, finally, and the east coast/side/states(sort of...) as usual, it's reasonable they don't play seattle, to say the least; they tour for one month, and they play other six shows in june and august, if there isn't any promoter insterested in booking pearl jam to play in seattle during that time off, or ever, it's not the band's fault...

What are you talking about? They don't have any West Coast shows booked currently. You seem to think Seattle got skipped because of lack of demand, or something. Does that theory carry over to the entire West Coast? Of course the other explanation, which makes much more sense, is that they simply haven't finished scheduling the West Coast leg, and therefore haven't announced it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    I understand the disappointment but Seattle getting left off an east coast tour isn't really Seattle getting screwed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Look at the tour another east coast run. The just played New York Seattle rarely gets shows last on was 2013. Safeco would be awesome mike plays star spangled banner every year. Why not a hometown show there
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    DMB announced 25 year anniversary shows

Gorge dates
    9/2/16—George, WA—The Gorge Amphitheatre
    9/3/16—George, WA—The Gorge Amphitheatre
    9/4/16—George, WA—The Gorge Amphitheatre
  • Options
    What does Paul McCartney have to do with Pearl Jam?
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890

What does Paul McCartney have to do with Pearl Jam?

Paul McCartney played at Safeco field in Seattle, so why not Pearl Jam? Is the question.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Again, Seattle not being included in an east coast tour is hardly Seattle getting screwed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."