Options

Hometown gets screwed

DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
I get the whole "we only tour every 4 years now w/ a new album and yeah we'll play our hometown too for the millionth time"
but is the band not Mariners fans??
shows where the Cubs and now the Red Sox play is kinda slap in the face to Seattle fans....kooky liberals.
U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Hoping for a West Coast leg. If not, it will definitely be a kick in the balls to Seattle. PJ25 without a hometown gig? That would make no sense.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,147
    Yeah I'm waiting too for some west/south love
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    If their goal is to play historical stadiums, Safeco doesn't quite fit the bill. Griffey wouldn't even play there ;)
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    They played Seattle and the south in 2013. Not all that long ago guys and it's not like they haven't been touring up a storm in between that time.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

If their goal is to play historical stadiums, Safeco doesn't quite fit the bill. Griffey wouldn't even play there ;)

That's good. Football stadiums are meant for football. Baseball stadiums are meant for baseball. I don't want to see PJ at Safeco. PJ at the Gorge is what I'm hoping for.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    jeffbr said:

That's good. Football stadiums are meant for football. Baseball stadiums are meant for baseball. I don't want to see PJ at Safeco. PJ at the Gorge is what I'm hoping for.
    Yes. Definitely can't beat the gorge.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Hoping for a West Coast leg. If not, it will definitely be a kick in the balls to Seattle. PJ25 without a hometown gig? That would make no sense.

they did it before in 2011 for PJ20.
    went to Vancouver but it was like no Seattle show??
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537
    THe announcement indicated they were announcing shows for April through August of 2016, not their 2016 tour. I read that to mean there are more shows later in the year.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'm waiting for PJ25 announcement...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    There has to be a west coast leg in the fall, right? Ending Oct. 22 in Seattle. Let's do it!

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I sure hope the west coast gets some dates!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Don't compare Fenway Park and Wrigley Field to SafeCo. Do you really think any band in the world would rather play SafeCo?
  • Options

Don't compare Fenway Park and Wrigley Field to SafeCo. Do you really think any band in the world would rather play SafeCo?

I guess Paul McCartney doesn't count?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    there is no way they won't play seattle this year.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492

Of course you can't compare the stadiums but I'd rather see Pearl Jam play in their hometown at Safeco than at Wrigley or Fenway.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RKCNDY said:

I guess Paul McCartney doesn't count?
    thank you.

do your research corduroykelly.
    good for EV being a Cubs fan but they've played Wrigley before.
    Red Sox?? I hate other Boston teams almost as much as Cheatriots.
    Post edited by DischordVision on
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    edited January 2016
    They've had personal relationships with members of the Cubs and Red Sox organizations for a long time, so Wrigley and Fenway make total sense. Too bad about Seattle, though. I admit that would piss me off if I was a local or a Vancouverite.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    I also feel like something else will be announced at some point. I can't see this east coast/central tour being it for all of 2016.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    just be thankful you don't live in Houston. ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    jlarson75jlarson75 Posts: 113
    I don't know...the announcement on XM just said starting in April and "wrapping up" in August.
  • Options

Agreed.
    PJ_Soul said:

I also feel like something else will be announced at some point. I can't see this east coast/central tour being it for all of 2016.

Yep.

its an election year. Ed won't let the last 4 months of the year leading up to the election go without a few politically charged shows in October. Just before the World Series and the election.
  • Options
    shep said:

just be thankful you don't live in Houston. ;)

Shep you'll do Jazz fest right dude?
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Bumbershoot in Sept :)
  • Options

Bumbershoot in Sept :)

Those tickets would be $200 each if they did that.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872

Agreed.
    PJ_Soul said:

Yep.

its an election year. Ed won't let the last 4 months of the year leading up to the election go without a few politically charged shows in October. Just before the World Series and the election.
    Didn't really do much if anything in '08 or '12.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^^^ Eddie actually did solo tours before both of those elections, didn't he??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    edited January 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

he might of but his solo shows aren't politically charged in anyway. Nothing like vfc '04 or even the 2000 shows.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

he might of but his solo shows aren't politically charged in anyway. Nothing like vfc '04 or even the 2000 shows.
    I was just pointing out the touring pattern. Maybe Ed will do another solo tour at that time, who knows. But given the 25th aniv thing, I'd think otherwise.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Agreed.
    PJ_Soul said:

Yep.

Didn't really do much if anything in '08 or '12.
    True. Just wishful thinking perhaps.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Hoping for September or October

Gorge,Seattle and Vancouver!

Spend,spend,spend
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12