Options

*FOUND*!!Can someone help a jammer find a clear David Bowie?

Comments

• Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    edited January 2016
    Call this number. They can have one shipped to you from the store. 301-881-0237. The two in store are currently reserved but they just had me order one over the phone. Said it would take 7 days, must be from the local warehouse or a new shipment?
    Post edited by TFlyer on
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    TFlyer said:

Call this number. They can have one shipped to you from the store. 301-881-0237. The two in store are currently reserved but they just had me order one over the phone. Said it would take 7 days, must be from the local warehouse or a new shipment?

Sad face
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    edited January 2016
    I couldnt get that store to pick up! Tried 3x

My local store might have one for me if someone doesn't pick their copy up by closing. Said its mine if he doesnt show up. Fingers crossed!
  • Options

I couldnt get that store to pick up! Tried 3x

My local store might have one for me if someone doesn't pick their copy up by closing. Said its mine if he doesnt show up. Fingers crossed!

Let me know if if doesn't work out I'll see if I can order another tomorrow.
  • Options
    Will do. Thanks man. Might try them again
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    what exactly is a clear David Bowie?

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    and isn't a jammer a dork dork dork in hebro?
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    I don't see where it says that it is clear, though. Everyone wants the clear (although the black is just as good)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    The only clear ones were sold as a Barnes and noble special edition. 5000 pressed. I've been looking too and none of the stores near me have it anymore. The question is if they will be getting more in or not, and I've gotten mixed answers from different stores.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I'm assuming if B&N sold all of their 5K allotment then they probably won't repress the clear. But stranger things have happened...
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Black sounds better than the clear- and its a lot cheaper.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150

Black sounds better than the clear- and its a lot cheaper.

How do you know? And most def on the price difference
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Because I have heard both.
    If you want/need a collectors item or something neat to look at, go for the clear.
    If you want the album, which sounds great, and at a very affordable price, buy the standard black.
  • Options
    black sounds good but im a Bowie fan. Gotta have both! Lol
  • Options

black sounds good but im a Bowie fan. Gotta have both! Lol

Understandable
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Called B&N an hour ago and they said "yeah we have one for you. Just saw it. Holding it for you in your name". Just called me back and said "uh ...yeah...human error sorry. It was sold last night". Hmmm

:angry:
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    edited January 2016

Called B&N an hour ago and they said "yeah we have one for you. Just saw it. Holding it for you in your name". Just called me back and said "uh ...yeah...human error sorry. It was sold last night". Hmmm

:angry:

That sucks bud.
    Good luck with your search :)
    I got shut out on the Ryan Adams and the Bowie.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    I suspect an employee bought it after i talked to the guy. He even verified it was the clear version. Nothing i can do.

I'll keep looking for your Ryan Adams one
  • Options
    I checked with the shop by me and the one farther out and they are all gone. Sorry buddy. They said they might be pressing more but those will not be the limited to 5,000.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the continued checking guys. This board has been awesome since the synergy days! The search continues
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Wow, looks like an easy way to make $500! Thanks guys! ; )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Thanks for the continued checking guys. This board has been awesome since the synergy days! The search continues

Little advice to all in the hunt - use B&N website to find your item. Then click on the link on the right hand side that says "Available for Pick Up In Store" follow the prompts for the zip code you are hunting in and it will lead you to a reservation form. Fill out the form and you'll get an email and a text confirmation that they are holding your item for 3 biz days. Don't bother phoning the 'bookseller' at all until after the system has your name tied to the particular title you want (helps keep the sticky fingers off yer stuff) =)

Aloha and bonne chance mon amis!
    when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005
  • Options
    I tried the reservation form for the local stores here. Even got the confirmation. Called after and got the "yeah you're on the waiting list actually". But the shipping option does sound smart like u and tflyer did
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    If there is somebody knowing a record store in Europe which has the clear LP, please let me know!
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I popped into my local B&N this afternoon to have a look for you but no luck...sorry.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    Thanks for looking, washed! Seriously appreciate it
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    No problem - she said that they only got in 3 and they sold immediately. She said they may get more in but not for another 5-6 weeks.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    Spoke to the manager who apologized for them telling me twice that they had one waiting for me. I still didnt get a real explanation :anguished:
  • Options
    in a weird turn of events i did one last BN.com search this morning of several states. It showed up as in stock at a store an hour from my parents (i live on the other side of the country). Did the reservation form and then called the store. My dad picked it up an hour ago. He said every employee stopped to see the person who scored the clear Bowie. Thanks Dad!!! A restaurant giftcard is coming his way.

Like i said in my OP thanks to everyone here. You guys are awesome. Im eager to keep hunting for the rarities you need help with