Options

Are these Fake ebay listings...

2»

Comments

• Options
    One mans ceiling is another mans floor...

I get the supply and demand thing.

One of the more rare posters out there are Pendletons "city sleeps". There are only 33 versions of the error out there. The poster isn't hyped so no one cares about it.

Paul you know I'm a big fan of the Freak and Giveway but not so much CD-R stuff.

Socks, now there's a different kind of crazy! I'm almost willing to pay twice market value for the ones I need... Last pair in the bunch and I'm done.
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    I don't see it as people having too much money, more appreciating the item they are interested in and paying for it based on its 'legend' and paying what it is worth to them.
    pdalowsky said:

in a nutshell. i've never understood why people get upset at "prices"
    it's the fun of collecting
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Buyer is reselling - just to clarify guys, this isn't another Cd or an indicator of someone making these CDs

• Options
    pdalowsky said:

Buyer is reselling - just to clarify guys, this isn't another Cd or an indicator of someone making these CDs

Yep I know it's the same one. I thought it was interesting that he bought it and held it for a week and now wants to get rid of it...
  • Options
    YodapoopsYodapoops Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    I may be a little late to the party here, but has this Christmas Singles promo CD-r ever made it's way online yet? I guess there's a promo CD-r for Someday At Christmas too. https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Someday-At-Christmas/release/9433519

Post edited by Yodapoops on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    Yodapoops said:
    I may be a little late to the party here, but has this Christmas Singles promo CD-r ever made it's way online yet? I guess there a promo CD-r for Someday At Christmas too. https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Someday-At-Christmas/release/9433519

I hadn't noticed it on PJcollectors?

@pdalowsky
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,454
    One mans ceiling is another mans floor... I get the supply and demand thing. One of the more rare posters out there are Pendletons "city sleeps". There are only 33 versions of the error out there. The poster isn't hyped so no one cares about it. Paul you know I'm a big fan of the Freak and Giveway but not so much CD-R stuff. Socks, now there's a different kind of crazy! I'm almost willing to pay twice market value for the ones I need... Last pair in the bunch and I'm done.
    Don’t forget the error socks from 2013. They included two left foot socks instead of a right and left foot.  Very few of the error pairs out there. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    on2legs said:
    One mans ceiling is another mans floor... I get the supply and demand thing. One of the more rare posters out there are Pendletons "city sleeps". There are only 33 versions of the error out there. The poster isn't hyped so no one cares about it. Paul you know I'm a big fan of the Freak and Giveway but not so much CD-R stuff. Socks, now there's a different kind of crazy! I'm almost willing to pay twice market value for the ones I need... Last pair in the bunch and I'm done.
    Don’t forget the error socks from 2013. They included two left foot socks instead of a right and left foot.  Very few of the error pairs out there. 
    HA!  You Hush.  You're gonna make me go out on a wild goose chase...

There is a second pair of Avocado socks but I wear them so I consider my collection complete... Yes there are two different types of Avo socks...