Options

Ed's voice sounded GREAT in South America

2»

Comments

• Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    Santiago CD already in the shop. No digital download? I wish I could use my digital coupon
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    I noticed it watching a bunch of SA You Tube videos, even Central Park they slowed Given to Fly back to regular speed. I figured they sped that up recently because he was having issues.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    radar said:

Santiago CD already in the shop. No digital download? I wish I could use my digital coupon

There's a digital download, that's what I got.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    TL170678 said:

I noticed it watching a bunch of SA You Tube videos, even Central Park they slowed Given to Fly back to regular speed. I figured they sped that up recently because he was having issues.

Right, GTF has been slowed a little. He sounds great.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I heard the main set on PJ radio and he does sound better. Shows much better control of his voice than in the recent past. And maybe what I like more than anything is that he is showing some restraint,(see the end of MYM, Lightening bolt, Corduroy- all which benefited, imo).
  • Options

I heard the main set on PJ radio and he does sound better. Shows much better control of his voice than in the recent past. And maybe what I like more than anything is that he is showing some restraint,(see the end of MYM, Lightening bolt, Corduroy- all which benefited, imo).

Yes, much more restraint. SOLT chorus is more restrained, too.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    mschostok said:

Yes, much more restraint. SOLT chorus is more restrained, too.
    I concur with this. He shows more control but also better strength in most of the songs. Ed's vocals have become stronger, smoother, and controlled since 2013, in my ears. Although 10-12 were a good improvement over 08-09. I just feel he's getting more confident in where he can reach notes, and then where to refrain from trying to do so. It seems he's really learned how to maintain his voice and where his greatest strengths are.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/