Options

Twitter live chat with Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis Dec 11th @pearljam 2PM PT .. #PJLiveChat

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Oh, and

RP112579 said:

What was the basic rundown!?

Reissues?
    Tour?
    Album?
    Xmas fan club release?

1. 2-5 years away from No Code/Yield
    2. Dates announced first part of next year.
    3. Have not worked on a new album at all.
    4. In production. Mentioned it takes 12-16 weeks for it to get pressed.
    Wow, 2-5 years? That puts eddie at 55+, at that rate they will be in there 60's before we would see Binaural and Riot Act...
    Yeah, it's actually completely ridiculous. Meanwhile, every other band in the world has no probs reissuing.
    Why do people want combined reissues anyway? That idea is specifically very unappealing to me. I like my albums to stand alone.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    ldent42 said:

Here for all you twitter allergic kids, I storify-ed the live chat. It's probably not perfect, but it's better than nothing, right?

https://storify.com/duska3419/pjlivechat.html

Feel free to share.

Muchas gracias!!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, and

RP112579 said:

Reissues?
    Tour?
    Album?
    Xmas fan club release?

Wow, 2-5 years? That puts eddie at 55+, at that rate they will be in there 60's before we would see Binaural and Riot Act...
    Yeah, it's actually completely ridiculous. Meanwhile, every other band in the world has no probs reissuing.
    Why do people want combined reissues anyway? That idea is specifically very unappealing to me. I like my albums to stand alone.
    I think Jeff likes to put together the box sets. He said he was going to dig through stuff, so he's probably going to include stuff that hasn't been seen before.

I realize some people don't care about that stuff-they break up the box set and give/sell the extras-but I personally like to see that stuff.

Maybe they should do a box set for the people who like the extra stuff and a package of vinyl only for those that just want the vinyl.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I love the box sets & I also love stand alone reissues. I'll choose all the extra's in the box set any day, but only buy like that for Pearl Jam. No one way is better PJ Soul. Variety for all.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Sarah said:

ldent42 said:

Here for all you twitter allergic kids, I storify-ed the live chat. It's probably not perfect, but it's better than nothing, right?

https://storify.com/duska3419/pjlivechat.html

Feel free to share.

Muchas gracias!!
    Yes, thanks very much! I didn't realize how many questions and answers I'd missed until I read that. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, and

RP112579 said:

Reissues?
    Tour?
    Album?
    Xmas fan club release?

Yea I don't need notebooks and postcards and photos and whatnot, albums alone would more than suffice.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

Emek and PJ will never work together again.

what happened? I love Emek's Portland poster.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Thanks Ident!

Who do we think was 81 trolling as? Or was that a joke?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I remember Emek offering to trade a poster for a pair of tickets to the Portland show... I thought that was pretty strange that they couldn't score a pair of tix for Emek in his hometown, when he is going the print for the show

Who knows
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    my2hands said:

I remember Emek offering to trade a poster for a pair of tickets to the Portland show... I thought that was pretty strange that they couldn't score a pair of tix for Emek in his hometown, when he is going the print for the show

Who knows

That actually sounds like bullshit to me. I can't imagine that PJ would deliberately keep Emek from getting tix or not help him out if they could. Where did this story even come from??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

Who knows

That actually sounds like bullshit to me. I can't imagine that PJ would deliberately keep Emek from getting tix or not help him out if they could. Where did this story even come from??

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/225311/portland-poster-by-emek-he-needs-2-tickets
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

Who knows

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/225311/portland-poster-by-emek-he-needs-2-tickets
    :lol: So just a rumour about him being pissed or there being a falling out, and no way of knowing why the band didn't give him tix, or if they even knew he wanted any. Surely the guy isn't that unreasonable and petty. And if he is, who cares if he's mad? And it is a good question: why didn't he just buy tix when he realized the band wasn't handing any over for whatever reason? I mean, he does get paid handsomely for doing the posters.... I guess he's just too used to free concerts!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    People are blowing the whole Emek thing way out of proportion. All he did was post that he was looking for tickets bc he didn't get any directly from the band. Everything else beyond that is pure speculation. Stop speculating and just let it be.