• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Well there ya go. Nice research ident42!

Thanks. But honestly I just leave NY1 on in the background while I'm doing stuff. :lol:
    Ok so we have one instance since the massacre where a Muslim was attacked for being Muslim.
    One reported instance. That someone on here noticed. I think it's safe to say most of the time these type of crimes won't go reported at all much less make local news. I know Trump hasn't made a physical attack, but I kind of think his words should count.
    I agree. The attacks aren't just physical. Verbal attacks are beyond common at this point as far as I can tell - hell, people are screaming them out at football games. Suggesting that Muslims be treated like Jews in Nazi Germany seems like a profound attack to me as well!
    who the heck is saying Muslims should be treated like Jews in Nazi German?!?!
    At least implied by that Fox News Judge What's-Her-Name for one.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Thanks. But honestly I just leave NY1 on in the background while I'm doing stuff. :lol:
    Ok so we have one instance since the massacre where a Muslim was attacked for being Muslim.
    One reported instance. That someone on here noticed. I think it's safe to say most of the time these type of crimes won't go reported at all much less make local news. I know Trump hasn't made a physical attack, but I kind of think his words should count.
    I agree. The attacks aren't just physical. Verbal attacks are beyond common at this point as far as I can tell - hell, people are screaming them out at football games. Suggesting that Muslims be treated like Jews in Nazi Germany seems like a profound attack to me as well!
    Absolute terrible. That woman should be fired. Wtf
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited December 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Trump, I think.
    Right. And a bunch of talking heads, and a bunch of yokels in the general public. All over social media, on Fox News, etc etc. Plenty of people.
    oh geez really? that's freaking terrible.
    are they say to get rid of their rights or just hammering the point that no other muslims should be let in until we get this straightened out?
    Gee, are you being facetious?
    They are talking about registering all Muslims in a database and shit. You know that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Absolute terrible. That woman should be fired. Wtf
    Yes, McG. Good call.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    What's McG doing here? I am sensing sarcasm!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    PJ_Soul said:

No I swear I m not! I heard what trump said but didn't see this fucking nutty idea of putting Muslims in a database. I m really starting to see coorleations to 1930s Germany.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

No I swear I m not! I heard what trump said but didn't see this fucking nutty idea of putting Muslims in a database. I m really starting to see coorleations to 1930s Germany.
    My apologies then! My sarcasm detector never did work very well. :tongue:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    I still have faith in this country to show the world that we are not a nation of bigoted closed minded population we are still the place where good prevails over evil that we reject people like this creep judge or someone like Trump ....... at least i hope so
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

I still have faith in this country to show the world that we are not a nation of bigoted closed minded population we are still the place where good prevails over evil that we reject people like this creep judge or someone like Trump ....... at least i hope so

how would we do that?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options

It's pretty hard to proclaim that America rejects creeps like that judge or Trump when that judge is employed by the nation's biggest news network and Trump is leading the polls to be nominated as a candidate for the office of POTUS. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.... :confounded:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It's pretty hard to proclaim that America rejects creeps like that judge or Trump when that judge is employed by the nation's biggest news network and Trump is leading the polls to be nominated as a candidate for the office of POTUS. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.... :confounded:
    I'll make a prediction right here. If, big if, Trump wins the GOP nomination, the electoral college WILL NOT vote him in.

No friggin way...
  • Options
    edited December 2015

PJ_Soul said:

I'll make a prediction right here. If, big if, Trump wins the GOP nomination, the electoral college WILL NOT vote him in.

No friggin way...
    Yeah, I can't see that happening either. But just the fact that he's leading the polls now is disturbing. That tells people who are watching what's going on the population of America. Not to mention the fact that there have been more mass shooting in the America this year than there were days.... Unfortunately, it doesn't look good from the outside. :frowning: And that is awful. I live right on the border, am familiar with the US, and I know how many great Americans there are, and that the majority of them aren't a bunch of ridiculous, aggressive, bigoted morons (and I am still terrified of how things are going right now!)... try to Imagine what it looks like to people who haven't spent time in the States. :fearful:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think he made a remark about banning Mosques as well. Hard to keep up.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No friggin way...
    Yeah, I can't see that happening either. But just the fact that he's leading the polls now is disturbing. That tells people who are watching what's going on the population of America. Not to mention the fact that there have been more mass shooting in the America this year than there were days.... Unfortunately, it doesn't look good from the outside. :frowning: And that is awful. I live right on the border, am familiar with the US, and I know how many great Americans there are, and that the majority of them aren't a bunch of ridiculous, aggressive, bigoted morons (and I am still terrified of how things are going right now!)... try to Imagine what it looks like to people who haven't spent time in the States. :fearful:
    It's just theater. Politics is boring. Most people don't care, much les vote. Trump brings in the reality tv viewers. Boosts ratings. Plus keep in mind how shitty cable news is. People who actually give a shit don't get their info from cable news. This is all just spectacle. It'll be Jeb against Hillary.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No friggin way...
    It's just theater. Politics is boring. Most people don't care, much les vote. Trump brings in the reality tv viewers. Boosts ratings. Plus keep in mind how shitty cable news is. People who actually give a shit don't get their info from cable news. This is all just spectacle. It'll be Jeb against Hillary.
    Maybe Trump is just treating the whole thing as a pilot for his next unreality TV show, "Donzo Goes to Washington"

• Options
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No friggin way...
    Sure, but it's not the potential of Trump winning that is the problem. The problem is all the people who are buying into any of what he says. There are millions and millions and millions of them. And some of them aren't just idiots who sit on the couch all day. They are not so few in number that people can just brush it off.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No friggin way...
    Sure, but it's not the potential of Trump winning that is the problem. The problem is all the people who are buying into any of what he says. There are millions and millions and millions of them. And some of them aren't just idiots who sit on the couch all day. They are not so few in number that people can just brush it off.
    You sure?
    I kind of figured that was exactly the case.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No friggin way...
    You sure?
    What, that all of these people can be brushed off?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No friggin way...
    And thought same till I saw Cruz rising. Afraid it will be Cruz Clinton with Cruz winning due to riled up scared humans. That's gonna suck.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No friggin way...
    You sure?
    yea. and that they're all idiots who sit on the couch all day. and that there aren't actually that many of them. They're just extra loud.
    I'm also suspecting that most of the people who claim to be supporting trump don't actually give a shit, will not be voting, and are just having a laugh cuz they don't take any of it seriously.

There was a guy on American Idol a few years ago, I think he was Chinese, who was just like absolutely god awful and everyone loved him because he was absolutely God awful. I think the same thing happened with Gary Busey on Dancing with the Stars? Or someone. They were so bad that people thought it was hilarious to watch them on the show so they kept voting for him so he won't be kicked off or whatever (I don't really know how these things work I get this info 2nd hand) I'm like 95% sure THAT is what is happening with Donald Trump.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No friggin way...
    You sure?
    yea. and that they're all idiots who sit on the couch all day. and that there aren't actually that many of them. They're just extra loud.
    I'm also suspecting that most of the people who claim to be supporting trump don't actually give a shit, will not be voting, and are just having a laugh cuz they don't take any of it seriously.

There was a guy on American Idol a few years ago, I think he was Chinese, who was just like absolutely god awful and everyone loved him because he was absolutely God awful. I think the same thing happened with Gary Busey on Dancing with the Stars? Or someone. They were so bad that people thought it was hilarious to watch them on the show so they kept voting for him so he won't be kicked off or whatever (I don't really know how these things work I get this info 2nd hand) I'm like 95% sure THAT is what is happening with Donald Trump.
    I have to disagree, based on the some of the info I've read about American militarizing, along with the fact that it is Americans who affect politics by either voting or running for office, or simply by contributing to the discussion. There are certainly enough of them and many more who are a step away from joining them for these folks to be a very real threat to a lot of people. At the very least, they help to keep the country unstable internally and perpetuate this terrible problem of extreme division among Americans. I really don't' think that Trump is comparable to William Hung, lol.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    ldent42 said:

how would we do that?
    By rejecting his ideals not giving him the nod it has to start with his own party which I believe it has started to do rejecting his craziness , I'm not talking about the idiots who are at his events ....but what do I know
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Did anyone watch CBS news yesterday morning? I happened to have it on & caught a segment with Frank Luntz (I thought he was with Fox News?) & his random panel. It seemed most in his panel agreed with Trump but did not support him politically.
  • Options
    ^^ not sure if that's even worse or just equally scary.

TIL that America has a White nationalist party. Which of course supports trump. Frightening times we live in.