Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 23,687
    Long road is still my favorite pj song hands down. 
    I got id definitely needs to be played live more. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 19,451
    Will we get a reissue for Record Store Day on Black Friday for the 25th anniversary? 
    I miss igotid88
  • ZodZod Posts: 7,119
    igotid88 said:
    Will we get a reissue for Record Store Day on Black Friday for the 25th anniversary? 

I didn't think it was that hard to find one of the original 7" 's?
    Zod said:
    igotid88 said:

Would still like a new one. And also do a CD one also. Would like this to be celebrated either way. Maybe Mirrorball as well
    I miss igotid88
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 376
    Long Road was the first song I ever saw Pearl Jam play live. It's very special to me for that reason, and I loved the song anyway. Will have it at my funeral (hopefully whoever is able to find it and not play another song instead LOL). Apologies for morbidity-thankfully seem ok healthwise (well if I stay home during these times haha).

What ARE the odds on Merkinball being rereleased for Record Store Day one day? Sounds like a good idea.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 10,491
    KV4053 said:
    I got id is near the top for me.... Of all songs by anyone
    same...that and Corduroy kind of describe my world
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of ChicagoPosts: 4,302
    edited March 23
    Ed's story of how it came to be at whatever the show was was amazing, best intro to a song ever.

How he was strumming the chord over and over, amd the band juat came in without prompting and just started playing......  San Diego some year about an old teacher Clayton dying.

5 min in story starts, then video cuts, so someome else find the full video

Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • ZodZod Posts: 7,119
    igotid88 said:
    Zod said:
    igotid88 said:

Would still like a new one. And also do a CD one also. Would like this to be celebrated either way. Maybe Mirrorball as well
    I suppose, but given that used ones of both the cd and vinyl are pretty cheap, I don't think there would be a lot of demand for a repress.   It's something that's already in most peoples collection, and easily obtainable for those that didn't.  Probably because it came out during PJ's hey day, and thus lots of copies were sold.  The odds of the band putting the effort into rereleasing something that doesn't need it are slim?

unless.... there are more than two songs from that recording session?  If there's some hidden extra tracks, an extended version would sell.

Zod said:
    igotid88 said:
    Zod said:
    igotid88 said:

I suppose, but given that used ones of both the cd and vinyl are pretty cheap, I don't think there would be a lot of demand for a repress.   It's something that's already in most peoples collection, and easily obtainable for those that didn't.  Probably because it came out during PJ's hey day, and thus lots of copies were sold.  The odds of the band putting the effort into rereleasing something that doesn't need it are slim?

unless.... there are more than two songs from that recording session?  If there's some hidden extra tracks, an extended version would sell.

Or release Mirrorball with those 2 songs. I don't have my cd anymore. And I never had the vinyl
    I miss igotid88
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of ChicagoPosts: 4,302
    I got ID ids up there with Ledbetter on trying to understand Ed
  • ceskaceska New YorkPosts: 908
    hrd2imgn said:
    I got ID ids up there with Ledbetter on trying to understand Ed

There is a picture of Ed's handwritten lyrics and even that is indecipherable. I really need to know what he is saying in the "And I'll_____ " part. What exactly is a "blue eyed scene"??  Learning that the lyrics were "Walked in light" and not "Walked the line" was  a revelation to me, and an improvement.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, GreecePosts: 22,551
    igotid88 said: Would still like a new one. And also do a CD one also. Would like this to be celebrated either way. Maybe Mirrorball as well.
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    Two of my favorite songs in the Pearl Jam canon...