Options

The Man In The High Castle

13»

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,780
    just started this last week.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Nice. I forgot it started already. This will be next up for me.

What do you guys think so far?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    ---SPOILER ALERT----

It's weird to talk about streaming shows when you're not fully finished yet. I kind of miss the old days where everyone was at the same point. But anyway, this is for those folks who are halfway done!

I am through 5 episodes so far and I really like most of this season, especially anything and everything featuring the Smith family. I was reading a reviewer saying he would totally watch a spinoff of mid 1940's Smith adjusting to life as a new American Nazi and how he and his wife deal with things. That fifth episode was so well done. The scenes with him and his Jewish friend were really powerful....as were the scenes with him and Thomas. So what does he do at this point? He can't bring High Castle Helen with him unless regular Helen is dead. Does he kill regular Helen? Or does he say fuck High Castle Helen and leave for the regular universe with his daughters....or maybe just the one non Nazi loving daughter? I am really intrigued as to what happens here. It's actually the thing I am most interested in at this point. 

Killing of Tacomi in the first few minutes of the season is bullshit. I guess there was an issue with him filming something else at the time? Either way, he was a compelling character and central to the book too. I assumed we'd at least see him in the alternate universe or something. Not a fan of this. 

The black people are an interesting storyline. Wish they had been featured throughout the first few seasons though.

Robert Childan just can't catch a break....or at least he did at the end of this episode but I am sure some other horrible thing is going to happen to in short order.

So the Nazis are jumping back and forth between the two universes now? Those crafty mother fuckers. Shouldn't Juliana and the resistance just focus on fucking up the portal from the regular universe? I don't know.

Completely obliterated DC looks disturbing and also kinda cool. Glad this show still has a budget.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Dammit, I stopped watching for some reason shortly into the second season.

It was well-done and pretty fascinating in a mind-fuck kind of way.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I think we’re 4 episodes in on the last season. I’ve really enjoyed the whole series. Going in blind it’s been pretty wild. Was totally blind sided by the multiverse thing. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    4 episodes in.  Really enjoying this season so far.    Not very confusing so far.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,780
    holy fuck balls. eps 9. didnt see that coming
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14