The Man In The High Castle

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Yeahhhhhh!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Thoughts on season 2? I have one more episode to go. Seems to have moved slower than the first season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Last is good..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Thoughts on season 2? I have one more episode to go. Seems to have moved slower than the first season.

It did seem to move a little bit slow especially with 3 main characters being spread out all over the place. Finale was really good.
    Very good finale. Julianna basically saves the world.

Did anyone else know Smith was an American soldier before? I thought he was German all along
    chinese-happy.jpg

V

Did anyone else know Smith was an American soldier before? I thought he was German all along

Yeah, I always assumed he was a soldier or a cop or something like that before the war. Assumed that him and his family had been in the US all along.....no German accent or anything. Smith is definitely the most compelling character on the show.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    10/5
    I miss igotid88
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    igotid88 said:
    10/5
    Good to know! I was just thinking about this program yesterday wondering when season three would be released.

I haven't read the book, but found the show to be thought-provoking and felt that the attention to detail was cool.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    igotid88 said:
    10/5
    Nice..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I will still watch but when I realized there was a sci-fi component it really bummed me out. 
    I will still watch but when I realized there was a sci-fi component it really bummed me out. 
    The sci-fi component, while a major theme, isn't really prevalent throughout the show. I mean it is....but it's always like it's lurking in the background. You don't feel like you're watching a typical science fiction show. If it did, I wouldn't be watching it. Give it a whirl.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Finally!  Will be almost 2 years since the last season came out.  I read that there have been a lot of behind the scenes issues with showrunners, writers, etc. which caused such a long delay.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    It has also been renewed for season 4 already too, so don't have to worry about that either. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218

I think of it more as alternative history than sci-fi, fwiw.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Sci fi? Am I missing something?
    DewieCox said:

The film they're searching for suggests there's an alternative reality where the good guys won WWII....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    DewieCox said:

The film they're searching for suggests there's an alternative reality where the good guys won WWII....
    I see...I didn’t realize that’s what was going on. I thought it was just propaganda for the resistance or for the Reich/Pacific states and some were victims and some were in on the fix. I did read that there’s more of a sci-fi slant as the story progresses. Cool show.
    Oh wow, guess it’s  all in on that then.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Now we’re taking! That looks amazing. Can’t wait
    chinese-happy.jpg
    At last!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I think I am about to drown in confusion.
    Watched the first two episodes of Season 3.  I'm fucking clueless what is going on.  Wondering whether it is worth it to keep watching.   I guess the films are just like a Choose Your Own Adventure book and show the different endings, but at the end of the day I am just watching the characters take one path to get to one of those endings.  Liked it much better before I found out the plot!
    Anyone still watching? I’m up through the 7th episode. They’re getting to the point where they’re explaining the films to other people now and trying to convince them they’re real. 

Childon’s storyline is sad but a little amusing. I felt bad laughing at his predicament. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I thought the third season ended well.  They are explaining a little more about how everything works.  Still very confusing to me and have to rewind and think through some of the dialogue.  
    Series finale this fall. 
    I miss igotid88
    I've tried watching the 1st episode of season 3 a couple times now and I can't get through it.  I keep finding myself not paying attention because I'm so bored.  Maybe I'll come back to it one day...
    I miss igotid88