Options

Green River 1984 Demos Record Store Day. 200 pink copies?

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150

demetrios said:

JK269010 said:

Is this vinyl colored?

No, black vinyl.
    There is a pink one on the bay... That's why I was curious.
    The one I got was black, unless there are random pink ones?
    https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262392004151
    Think all those sold online yesterday from Jackpot Records will be pink?

"Only 200 copies on Pink, and I think they were only available at Jackpot Records yesterday.
    2000 pressed in total."

Come on pink vinyl!!
    I asked the guy at JackPot and he said totally random.
    Huh, so the ones purchased on rsd in the shops could be pink too?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Zod said:

Suziemay said:

Zod said:

I stand corrected. I got an email at 1:37pst stating my order was completed. The only thing that worries me is it says the order is shipping August 2014.... lol.

Did you sign up for their website? I checked out as guest and only still have the PayPal receipt.
    I did. I did it fairly close to Demitrios' post. Took them a day to send me the completed email. Maybe they're processing everything manually.
    Oo, just got my confirmation too :joy:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    Suziemay said:

Zod said:

Suziemay said:

Zod said:

I stand corrected. I got an email at 1:37pst stating my order was completed. The only thing that worries me is it says the order is shipping August 2014.... lol.

Did you sign up for their website? I checked out as guest and only still have the PayPal receipt.
    I did. I did it fairly close to Demitrios' post. Took them a day to send me the completed email. Maybe they're processing everything manually.
    Oo, just got my confirmation too :joy:
    Didn't see this but my Jackpot Records email confirmation arrived in my Junk Mail folder @ 4:36 PM EST. A minute before Zod's confirmation email. :p
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Did anyone else get a pink lp?
    Not from jackpot records?
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890

demetrios said:

JK269010 said:

Is this vinyl colored?

No, black vinyl.

"Only 200 copies on Pink, and I think they were only available at Jackpot Records yesterday.
    2000 pressed in total."

Come on pink vinyl!!
    From Jackpot: The Green Rivers were all totally random and all mixed together. There's no way to tell on the outside if the copy is pink or black.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002

demetrios said:

JK269010 said:

Is this vinyl colored?

No, black vinyl.

2000 pressed in total."

Come on pink vinyl!!
    From Jackpot: The Green Rivers were all totally random and all mixed together. There's no way to tell on the outside if the copy is pink or black.
    Hi Patrick, you still talking about random at Jackpot.....or random in general. Like, another store could have had a pink if Jackpot delivered them all out ultimately, then surely it holds true a PINK could be found anywhere? Looks like no one is keeping this one sealed.
  • Options

demetrios said:

JK269010 said:

Is this vinyl colored?

No, black vinyl.

2000 pressed in total."

Come on pink vinyl!!
    Hi Patrick, you still talking about random at Jackpot.....or random in general. Like, another store could have had a pink if Jackpot delivered them all out ultimately, then surely it holds true a PINK could be found anywhere? Looks like no one is keeping this one sealed.
    I guess not now.
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Anyone know anywhere online that these are still available? Ordered from Zia Records on Sunday, but got the "due to unforseen circumstances" email this morning.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    jazzbo26 said:

Anyone know anywhere online that these are still available? Ordered from Zia Records on Sunday, but got the "due to unforseen circumstances" email this morning.

There's a bunch on the bay, even one for $30, which is a deal.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mwplum said:

Any idea where the White stripes peel sessions was ordered from? I was told by two stores that none came to Canada. Thanks!

Here's one. http://www.melodysupreme.org/product/white-stripes-complete-peel-sessions-vinyl-2lp/ . They ship to Canada.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    jazzbo26 said:

Did you check easy street? I was there yesterday, they had a bunch left.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    None online at Easy St. I thought I heard they were only selling Green River and the Sonics in store.
  • Options
    jazzbo26 said:

None online at Easy St. I thought I heard they were only selling Green River and the Sonics in store.

Nothing online .. http://easystreetonline.com/UPC/751937433811/Green-River_1984-Demos .. but they usually have a few in stock only in store shelves.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I've been to brick-and-mortar stores and four online stores, and this one is my white whale this year.

I thought for sure that it would be the Frusciante, but it's this one.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Melody Supreme Green River packages just shipped out. :)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    will check mine when I get home!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Hi did anyone else get a pink lp?
  • Options
    Spoken said:

Hi did anyone else get a pink lp?

I haven't see any pink copy winners on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Though the majority of them still have 'em all sealed up so we'll never know if they scored the pink or not.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    No chance of keeping mine sealed!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    I was trying to find out if the pink ones were sold only at jackpot records, or were they randomly all over the u.s.a....?
    No one seems to know....
  • Options
    gus stillsgus stills Posts: 340
    The one I bought at House of Records in Eugene is both open, now, and definitely not pink.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090

Seems logical that they are talking about all of them. If they had the 200 pink themselves, plus Easy Street had "hundreds" that's quite a chunk out of the 2000 pressing. To say that Jackpot's own copies were "random" they'd have to have had at least twice that number and even then 50:50 is more than "totally random" in my book.

Got my tracking number from Easy Street today, so I'm counting down the days until I'm ripping open my pink vinyl! It looks really dope, perfect match to the cover!
  • Options
    Looks like that's it for any online RSD sale copies of Green River 1984 Demos.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Anyone get shipping info from Jackpot Records yet?
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,290

I'm not sure. I got an "order completed" email about a day after placing the order, but it also said shipping august 2014... lol. I'm not sure if completed means they mailed it, or they mail it later. I'm hoping it means they mailed it already.
  • Options
    Zod said:

I'm not sure. I got an "order completed" email about a day after placing the order, but it also said shipping august 2014... lol. I'm not sure if completed means they mailed it, or they mail it later. I'm hoping it means they mailed it already.
    Same here. Order shipped confirmation was sent to my junk mail.

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    I didn't hear anything, and did not receive any confirmation or shipping email from Jackpot, so I sent them an email today. Here's the response:

Our system really seems to pick and choose when it actually sends out confirmations. It's set to do that when I mark the order as completed but it doesn't always. Anyway, I got your payment just fine. I shipped the records out the other day, here's the USPS tracking # for you:

So, I'd suggest sending them an email. They got back to me same day, and confirmed shipping. Now the only question that remains is, pink or black vinyl??
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

So, I'd suggest sending them an email. They got back to me same day, and confirmed shipping. Now the only question that remains is, pink or black vinyl??

Will do. Hope we score a pink vinyl from them. *crossing fingers
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    demetrios said:

hopefully a Green River reissue is next!
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

demetrios said:

hopefully a Green River reissue is next!
    I'll be done for a reissue, so soon. :p