Green River 1984 Demos Record Store Day. 200 pink copies?

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    Got mine the in the mail today (from Jackpot Records). It was pink! So much from random placement of the pink ones.. lol. Jackpot records seems to have had all of them and every other store only got black ones. Thanks to whoever posted the jackpot link last week.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    Zod said:

Got mine the in the mail today (from Jackpot Records). It was pink! So much from random placement of the pink ones.. lol. Jackpot records seems to have had all of them and every other store only got black ones. Thanks to whoever posted the jackpot link last week.

It was Father Hubbard. :)

My latest tracking # say's it's in Richmond, BC on 4/27. Doubt it'll be here on the other side of Canada before I leave for Quebec next week.
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

My latest tracking # say's it's in Richmond, BC on 4/27. Doubt it'll be here on the other side of Canada before I leave for Quebec next week.
    You might. Mine had an xpresspost sticker on it. Jackpot records must of sent it priority or something.
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

You might. Mine had an xpresspost sticker on it. Jackpot records must of sent it priority or something.
    Sweet! Crossing finger's it gets here before then.
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,968
    Regretting not picking up one from Jackpot now...clearly wasn't very random insertion of the pink ones
    She arrived!!!

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Pink is so pretty...I don't need another one.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • demetrios said:

She arrived!!!

Nice!
    She sure is. And was very well packaged. Had 3 empty vinyl records sandwiched inside for protection.

Rodgers and Hart Revisited - World of the Theatre
    Carly Simon - Spy
    Thys van Leer / Introspection 3 - Arranged and Conducted by Rogier van Otterloo ?

Never heard of them. They were a buck each.
    demetrios said:

She sure is. And was very well packaged. Had 3 empty vinyl records sandwiched inside for protection.

Carly Simon - Spy
    Thys van Leer / Introspection 3 - Arranged and Conducted by Rogier van Otterloo ?

Hahah I'm opened mine up and saw a $1 Roger's and Hammerstein record, I was like WTF!! until I realize they used old record covers to protect the real record.. lol..
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    demetrios said:

Carly Simon - Spy

Weird, I didn't get the extra vinyl for protection, but mine came perfect though as is
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Bissy77Bissy77 Posts: 447
    Got mine from Easy Street. It is Black.
    MLPS: 6-30-98 ; East Troy: 10-8-00 ; St. Paul: 6-16-03 ; East Troy: 6-21-03 ; Camden: 7-5-03 ; Grand Rapids: 10-3-04 ; Thunder Bay: 9-9-05 ; East Rutherford: 6-1-06; East Rutherford: 6-3-06 ; St. Paul: 6-26-06 ; St. Paul: 6-27-06, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, EV MLPS 7-2-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-3-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-4-11; Wrigley 7-19-13, St Paul 10-19-14; Wrigley 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18; EV NY 2-4-22
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Posts: 3,065
    Bissy77 said:

Got mine from Easy Street. It is Black.

.....same here.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    edited May 2016
    Even the one's sold @ Jackpot Records on RSD in their store were pink. Friend just opened her's last night and it's pink.

Now we wait for the green variant from the Mudhoney & 10club online stores. :p
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I got from Jackpot and Easy Street. Both black.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    demetrios said:

Even the one's sold @ Jackpot Records on RSD in their store were pink. Friend just opened her's last night and it's pink.

Now we wait for the green variant from the Mudhoney & 10club online stores. :p

I wish!
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    anyone want a pink (opened to check)? I'm thinking of letting mine go to help raise funds for Operation Yellow Ribbon etc

anyone want a pink (opened to check)? I'm thinking of letting mine go to help raise funds for Operation Yellow Ribbon etc

I might know a guy. How much?

• TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234

Go ahead and use the pink one for OYR. PM me your info, and I'll send you a black one to replace it. I bought an extra for some of the requests on the site here, and all the ones I saw already got filled.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    TA243471 said:

Go ahead and use the pink one for OYR. PM me your info, and I'll send you a black one to replace it. I bought an extra for some of the requests on the site here, and all the ones I saw already got filled.
    OMG amazing. I can't have you do that though. That's beyond generous and thoughtful!!
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    My order from Jackpot showed up at my girlfriends house when we were in Lexington. Was able to get it this afternoon....pink!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    demetrios said:

Carly Simon - Spy

I got mine thanks to your tip. Was happy to open the box and see mine enclosed in two Neil Diamond LP covers. Beautiful Noise indeed!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Boo hoo hoo. I think I'm like one of 2 people who got a black copy from Jack Pot :cry:
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    Suziemay said:

Boo hoo hoo. I think I'm like one of 2 people who got a black copy from Jack Pot :cry:

Sorry for your luck, but at least you had the chance. But I was happy to be on the road seeing shows. I got a black copy from the old 'bay.
  • JF129758JF129758 Posts: 74
    I have two copies of the RSD album for sale. Both are opened and of the black variant. One was tightly shrink wrapped and I needed a knife to open it up. Generic inner sleeve may need to be replaced and a knife cut to the back of the cover. Both unplayed. Download cards unused. $65 plus shipping for both. Prefer to ship to U.S. Just trying to recoup cost.
  • JF129758JF129758 Posts: 74
    Thanks for the interest. Sold my two copies.
  • weebleweeble Posts: 133
    Bought a sealed copy off eBay which I assumed was black as I didn't even know there was a pink version. Total surprise when this pink disc came out! Pretty cool! No idea where the seller purchase it from though.
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
    weeble said:

Bought a sealed copy off eBay which I assumed was black as I didn't even know there was a pink version. Total surprise when this pink disc came out! Pretty cool! No idea where the seller purchase it from though.

Sweet score! :)

There was no sticker on the outside sleeve?
  • weebleweeble Posts: 133
    edited May 2016
    demetrios said:

weeble said:

Yes there is a sticker, but it doesn't say anything about being pink. Just says something about '...2000' copies. Do the pink ones usually say they are pink?

Post edited by weeble on
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
    weeble said:

demetrios said:

weeble said:

Yes there is a sticker, but it doesn't say anything about being pink. Just says something about '...2000' copies. Do the pink ones usually say they are pink?
    You would of seen a Jack Pot sticker on the outside sleeve. I was able to pick up an extra pink copy for a friend online. It didn't say if it was pink or black. When it arrived it had the Jack Pot sticker. Opened it up & it was pink. And this was before they went up for sale online @ Jack Pot Records website. Shipping took a while to get here. I haven't heard or seen anyone score a pink one outside the online JP sale or those without the Jack Pot sticker on the sleeve. You're the first one I've heard who scored one without any JP sticker on the outer sleeve.