Options

Camden Night 2 = nothing special

2»

Comments

• Options
    Camden 2 was awesome. I haven't seen them live since 2003, so I was thrilled with the setlist. There are songs I didn't hear that I would've loved to hear, but I also heard songs that I was dying to see live (Low Light, Why Go, and WMA, for example) and hadn't yet. Maybe someone who's been to 30 shows or something in the last 6 years or so would say, "Oh, they played Corduroy and Better Man again," but those are great songs--and I got the feeling that Corduroy was played only because Ed forgot the words to LBC and needed to come up with another song quick. Also, there were barely any slower songs played. The set was almost entirely high-energy songs, and the slow songs were ones like Low Light and Thin Air. What's to not love there? Mike was on fire all night, too. I can't wait to get the bootleg in the mail.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    In this retards defense, on paper its definitely not a terribly exciting or unique list of songs. The crowd performed well, which tends to make a difference. But I dont think anyones out of line looking at the setlist and saying it looks boring.

I don't know there, Cervix ... As a Binaural fan, it doesn't look boring to me at all.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    nothing as it seems, low light, down, brain of j, footsteps, once ... I'LL TAKE IT!!

every setlist this tour is AMAZING! yes EVERY ONE! people on here i think are falling under the spell of comparison. people keep looking at setlists (without being there) and comparing them to say, columbia, and going "eh average" .. well let me say, i have been looking at each show individually and they all look spectacular .. CANNOT WAIT for the 3 shows i am going to .. see my first and only show so far was hartford 06, and while most consider that average, that show changed my life. to me it was absolutely amazing .. so i can just imagine these shows ..

MSG 1, HARTFORD AND MANSFIELD 2 GET READY!!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    nothing as it seems, low light, down, brain of j, footsteps, once ... I'LL TAKE IT!!

every setlist this tour is AMAZING! yes EVERY ONE! people on here i think are falling under the spell of comparison. people keep looking at setlists (without being there) and comparing them to say, columbia, and going "eh average" .. well let me say, i have been looking at each show individually and they all look spectacular .. CANNOT WAIT for the 3 shows i am going to .. see my first and only show so far was hartford 06, and while most consider that average, that show changed my life. to me it was absolutely amazing .. so i can just imagine these shows ..

Word!
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Any pearl jam show is a good one. you dont know what you have til its gone. people just get spoiled to easily,
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612

youre in for a treat. Hartford by a lot was my least favorite Ive been to (so that was nothing). These shows are very strong... and out of your 3 shows, you should get at least 2 stellar ones.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    MayDay10 wrote:
    youre in for a treat. Hartford by a lot was my least favorite Ive been to (so that was nothing). These shows are very strong... and out of your 3 shows, you should get at least 2 stellar ones.

yea i'm sure ..

besides hartford being a bit short though, i don't understand why some people didnt think it was great .. i mean by looking at the shows you've been to, you've seen some amazing shows, so i can understand why hartford was your least favorite .. still, did you not think it was great?

sleight of hand!
    i got shit
    i'm open for the first time
    inside job
    and just everything they played was flawless

i mean, besides those tunes the setlist wasn't too amazing .. but for me i just thought that show was fucking unreal. it was the first time i saw pearl jam though ..
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Well, any show is great. And Im sure the 1st is always a religeous experience for a fan. For the modest list of shows I have been to, Hartford would be last.

Maybe the overall experience was a little off for me. The weather sucked, and I hate the Dodge Center (or whatever it is called), and the people around me werent into it at all. That all might have sullied my overall attitude and opinion of the show.
    Looking at what you have ahead though and the way they looked the past 2 nights, you have much to look forward to. All 3 should be great and you get a chance to see 2 shows in the Eastern 'Pearl Jam Meccas' where good things always seem to happen.
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    Vince wrote:
    You're such an elitist. :)

I am not trying to be ungrateful but just goings by the amounts of boots i have of back to back shows i can't believe there were so many repeats. i am really pissed now about the other post that said they scratched undone and parachutes that could have made the show right there. not to mention if eddie could have figured out the LBC lyrics. He should have just let the crowd sing it and he could have figured it out.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    night one had a better main set while night two had better encores imho

but they were both good shows