Comments

• Options
    had to be there....
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    Night 1 looked fantastic, last night looked generic

Were you there?

Either way, thank you for your contribution. Now go away.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,957
    wish id been there!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
    ditto..you had to be there..starting with ed's pre-show hide your love...and his stopping mid song to verbally tongue lash a security guard who told a young lady up front to put her sign down..realizing every one has an a$$hole, i mean opinion, night one had a better set list, but night two's energy and execution was unbelievable..and had it's funny moments..highlighted by the LBC fubar and the ultimate.."let's move on"..LOL..plus ed held true to his promise the night before and bought us all a beer!...on to DC...
    * Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Last night was great, seemed they had some equipment problems, but the band was in a great mood and Ed was interacting with the crowd all night. His screw up of LBC was classic. Really fun show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    and people wonder why this fan club has a bad reputation
  • Options
    Brain of J, Lowlight, Down, Nothing As It Seems, Thin Air, WMA, Footsteps...

I don't think I would call that generic at all. It seems to be right on par with the rest of the setlists from this tour.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    No Love For Thje Mama San Trilogy?
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    Ashy Larry wrote:

If you had been there, and you obviously weren't, you would know it was really a fantastic show.

I've seen them 11 times now, and I am far beyond the point of where I feel they can do no wrong. I've seen amazing shows, I've seen good shows and I've seen generic shows. Last night was really great and I enjoyed every minute of it. I even enjoyed the songs I once found "boring", simply because of the energy from the crowd.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    yeah, key word is "looked"...was an amazing show...crowd energy was the best i've seen at that venue. great night!
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    You really had to be there to understand how awesome it was. Like a guy said on the reviews, night 1 better setlist, night 2 better show. They were having so much fun out there.
    Man I am still high!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Brain of J, Lowlight, Down, Nothing As It Seems, Thin Air, WMA, Footsteps...

I don't think I would call that generic at all. It seems to be right on par with the rest of the setlists from this tour.

agreed. thought this set list looked pretty good.
  • Options
    pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    Ashy Larry wrote:

You should probably go kill yourself if these songs to open a show don't get you excited...

Severed Hand, Brain Of J, Animal, Dissident, Low Light

REALLY GUY?!?!
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    In this retards defense, on paper its definitely not a terribly exciting or unique list of songs. The crowd performed well, which tends to make a difference. But I dont think anyones out of line looking at the setlist and saying it looks boring.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    If you had been there, and you obviously weren't, you would know it was really a fantastic show.

I've seen them 11 times now, and I am far beyond the point of where I feel they can do no wrong. I've seen amazing shows, I've seen good shows and I've seen generic shows. Last night was really great and I enjoyed every minute of it. I even enjoyed the songs I once found "boring", simply because of the energy from the crowd.

That's how I felt about the songs

Crowd really made each song awesome

"Two of best things about Philadelphia..Dr.J and the Crowd" - EV

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314

I hear you on this. I was not at Camden, my first show this tour will be MSG 1. I've seen them 15 times and they truly get better and better every time I see them. Yup, some shows are over the top great, some good and like you said, some generic.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Ashy Larry wrote:

that would be my opinion too but i was not at either show
    at least Klausen made sickkkk posters, nite I was better
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    Ashy Larry wrote:

I agree. I was at both. Section 202 for night 1, row 10 center for night 2. I tend to like shows more based on the setlists than energy of the crowd/band and execution and judge by which show is going to get the most play in my iPod. I also tend to put more weight on the encores than the first set since thats usually what makes a show unique. Can anyone really say that they've been to a show where there wasn't good energy? The night 1 setlist was one of the best I've been to, and is reflective of what I've liked on other tours where they didn't have an album to promote. It had a great mix of B-sides and nice live songs from a wide range of albums as well as a few songs that don't get a lot of play on tour. Night 2's first encore was pretty generic with songs that could've just as easily been played in the first set. Other than the Footsteps-Once-Alive sequence and WMA, there's not much more from night 2 that I would take and put in night 1 to make it a better show.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    You really had to be there to understand how awesome it was. Like a guy said on the reviews, night 1 better setlist, night 2 better show. They were having so much fun out there.
    Man I am still high!

I was only at night 1 but if you ask me, the night 2 setlist seems better. I know everyone blows their loads over rarities like Who You Are and Rats...both of which were awesome...but that night two setlist was more of the stuff I'm into: Alive, Whipping, Brain of J, WMA, Nothing as it Seems, Animal.....much more to my liking. not that I can possibly complain about that first night. but as far as setlists go, I would have rather been at night 2......even if the lame-ass original poster says it was nothing special.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    cantomscantoms Posts: 49
    Usually, I'm the type that prefers setlist over energy, but I definitely understand why people say that good energy (crowd or band) can impact a show. A perfect example is the two shows that I saw on the '05 tour: Vancouver and Ottawa. Clearly, Ottawa seems to be the preferable show based on its setlist; however, despite the fact that the Vancouver show had the least interesting setlist of the four shows I've seen so far, the band was on fire that night, jumping around, talking to the crowd, good lighting, etc. In Ottawa, they were more laid back and seemed tired.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    I was only at night 1 but if you ask me, the night 2 setlist seems better. I know everyone blows their loads over rarities like Who You Are and Rats...both of which were awesome...but that night two setlist was more of the stuff I'm into: Alive, Whipping, Brain of J, WMA, Nothing as it Seems, Animal.....much more to my liking. not that I can possibly complain about that first night. but as far as setlists go, I would have rather been at night 2......even if the lame-ass original poster says it was nothing special.

agreed. I was at both shows. "rarer songs" at #1, but #2 rocked. Had 10c seats first night, lawn 2nd. I prefered the 2nd show, particularly the set list. Hearing footsteps & wma live was amazing! Been waiting a long time!

The songs were more generic - ones that I am less likely to listen to at home - but live they are great (especially getting the crowd going) & I NEVER let the crowd of poeple around me negatively impact the show for me, but when the crowd is rocking, it makes the experience even better.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    Fourteen shows and finally "WMA." Missed two-thirds of it because a befuddled, drunk girl needed the help of my friend and me. We walked her to her row after figuring out what her problem was. Speaking as someone who's been too fucked up at a couple of shows, I was glad to help but sad to miss the majority of the one song that's eluded me for 10 years of shows.
  • Options
    blueeyedevilblueeyedevil Posts: 173
    Had great seats for both shows. Personally, I enjoyed night one more. That being said, I sat in very fan friendly sections both nights, but the overall crowd response to night two was sick! Perhaps the more "obvious" setlist ended up being a crowd pleaser on Friday. Just goes to show that there are alot of fans who don't really drool over the rarities like a few of us. ;) To each his own, right?
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Had great seats for both shows. Personally, I enjoyed night one more. That being said, I sat in very fan friendly sections both nights, but the overall crowd response to night two was sick! Perhaps the more "obvious" setlist ended up being a crowd pleaser on Friday. Just goes to show that there are alot of fans who don't really drool over the rarities like a few of us. ;) To each his own, right?

I loved the show last night but setlist wise I would trade it for night 1 in a second.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I have to say Camden 2 was incredible and being from Connecticut just getting to one Camden show was quite a task but I don't know that either set was better than the other. I was really surprised by Once and have to say it might have been the song of the night for me.
    Hail Hail The Lucky Ones!!!

Saratoga 92, Hartford 96, Hartford 98, Jones Beach 3 00, Mansfield 1 03, Mansfield 2 03, Camden 1 03, MSG 1 03, MSG 2 03, Mansfield 3 03, Holmdel 03, Boston 1 04, Albany 06, Hartford 06, East Rutherford 1 06, Camden 2 08, MSG 1 08, MSG 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield 1 08, Mansfield 2 08, Spectrum 4 09, Hartford 10, MSG 1 10, MSG 2 10, EV Hartford 11, Philly 12, Brooklyn 1 13, Brooklyn 2 13, Hartford 13, MSG 1 16, MSG 2 16, Fenway 1 16, Temple Of The Dog MSG 16
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I have seen pearl jam 10 times now in Australia and The USA including the Gorge sows of 2006 and have to say hearing Brain of J, NAIS, Thin Air, W.M.A, Footsteps and Lukin at one show was amazing. It's easy to say from an onlooker that any show is average but unless you're there it's hard to pass judgement. The crowds at Camden this week was the best Pearl Jam crowd I have ever experienced after now seeing them 10 times.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    i did enjoy last night but have to say i am a little disappointed. they played 7 repeats from night 1. i knew they would play a few but 7? Corduroy, Even Flow, DTE, Given to Fly, Why Go, Better man, and Severed Hand? I know we are lucky and take for granted that they don't repeat set lists every night but come on. Why not throw something else in there. Severed Hand wasn't a good opener. Should have forfeited and just went straight to Brain of J in my opinion. This was my 1st back to back nights at the same venue and I really wanted to see some different stuff played. Not to mention Va Beach I saw some of those 3 nights in a row. I know I am probably just bitching but I would have killed for some Present Tense, Marker in the Sand, Sometimes, Life Wasted or something.

On the positive the trilogy was incredible. footsteps blew me away, didn't see that one coming. i was glad to see lukin, whipping, thin air and nothing as it seems. although i felt like thin air was a little off. also i was glad to hear wma but wasn't impressed by the first half of the song. it got better though. nothing will top reign o'er me on night 1 though. that was the most amazing song of any of the 3 shows i have seen. they officially own that song after that i believe.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    blueeyedevilblueeyedevil Posts: 173
    nothing will top reign o'er me on night 1 though. that was the most amazing song of any of the 3 shows i have seen. they officially own that song after that i believe.

Agreed. My favorite song out of both nights. Amazing!
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    Ashy Larry wrote:

I just finished checking out the set lists from both nights and they were exceptional. I can only imagine what they have in store for DC. There is nothing generic about this band. Each night is different and they bring something new to table with each performance whether it's through their music or attitude.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    i did enjoy last night but have to say i am a little disappointed. they played 7 repeats from night 1. i knew they would play a few but 7? Corduroy, Even Flow, DTE, Given to Fly, Why Go, Better man, and Severed Hand? I know we are lucky and take for granted that they don't repeat set lists every night but come on. Why not throw something else in there. Severed Hand wasn't a good opener. Should have forfeited and just went straight to Brain of J in my opinion. This was my 1st back to back nights at the same venue and I really wanted to see some different stuff played. Not to mention Va Beach I saw some of those 3 nights in a row. I know I am probably just bitching but I would have killed for some Present Tense, Marker in the Sand, Sometimes, Life Wasted or something.

On the positive the trilogy was incredible. footsteps blew me away, didn't see that one coming. i was glad to see lukin, whipping, thin air and nothing as it seems. although i felt like thin air was a little off. also i was glad to hear wma but wasn't impressed by the first half of the song. it got better though. nothing will top reign o'er me on night 1 though. that was the most amazing song of any of the 3 shows i have seen. they officially own that song after that i believe.

You're such an elitist. :)
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”