Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

The band owes us nothing

I disagree. Without their fans they don't have a career. We pay their salaries. If a band member or management came out and said that then I'd be done as a fan.
    They don't owe anybody shit! They are artists, not Kartrashian "entertainers".

This is not for you!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    And there should be an extra space between lcd soundsystem and the dot symbol.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    edited January 2016
    Sooooo, I've heard of 6 bands on that screenshot.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    SteffyLou said:

LOL, I think that about most festivals these days. at 36 years old, im already old and out of touch
  • Options
    SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    35 and right there with you!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    pdalowsky said:

SteffyLou said:

LOL, I think that about most festivals these days. at 36 years old, im already old and out of touch
    Oh God...I'm 44 and thanks to your post I feel really old now... :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490

pdalowsky said:

SteffyLou said:

Oh God...I'm 44 and thanks to your post I feel really old now... :)
    I'm 25 and I don't know any of them! I don't keep up with mainstream music as it's shit!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    the dead, lcd, and pj have been strongly rumored at roo for a little while now... but im not buying that list, I think its weird that it is listed in alphabetical order... and it seems pretty weak for roo as well
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    pdalowsky said:

my2hands said:

Who decides who is cool enough to get access to "confidential" tour dates anyway? Are there fans that are better than others? More deserving of the info?

I hate that elitist Betterfan shit, it's a long time plague in the pearl jam fan world, and it's obnoxious and annoying

There is no better fan, that's a ridiculous suggestion. Its a way of the world that some folk will have contacts whom have the inside line and they may offer tidbits out of some form a friendship. That is normally born out of some form of mutual respect. To throw that all over the internet and abuse that trust doesn't sit right, especially when it creates the kind of thread we have here. People have been upset that the dates haven't been announced, people are frustrated with the delays.....when in real terms there isn't a delay. Something isn't ready.

Personally I have enjoyed the build up, and the back and forth and the excitement is very much alive but I do know for some they have become completely disenchanted by it all.

There is no elitism involved there, absolutely none and no one is more deserving of information than anyone else. But no one is entitled to information that is confidential and not ready for general release yet.

getting the rumours coming from radio Djs (folk generally who may be in the know due to their position and not more entitled than the every day fan for example), seeing seating charts arrive online, seeing venues put the date up on their electronic boards as 'coming soon', venue staff giving out information from schedules - that is all part of the fun here. Personally I cant wait to see how the list of dates looks when it arrives.
    I just walked into an elevator at Ohio Stadium wearing a Pearl Jam hat and one of redcoats
    (Who also turned out to be a HUGE PJ fan...
    he saw them here in Columbus at Veteran's Memorial in '91)

told me that they were in negotiations with PJ for a show at one of their venues!!
    You could tell he was excited to meet another fan!!
    I had never met this gentleman before,
    I didn't ask for the information...
    he just offered it up to me,
    and everyone else in the elevator!!
    He also said they were trying to get U2 for a show at The Shoe.
    Sorry if that makes you feel like I am an entitled fan for sharing this information!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    That Bonnaroo listing looks "off"
    like my2Hands said... it has never been listed alphabetically before
    if so.. that is the weakest lineup that Bonnaroo has ever had..

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    edited January 2016
    So, what are the latest tour rumors?
    Any news about Columbus, Pittsburgh, or Cincinnati?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    I agree. Too weak for a Roo lineup. FIDLAR is also spelled wrong (Fidler?)

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    Although a late night Tame Impala set would be incredible

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,658
    justam said:

So, what are the latest tour rumors?
    Any news about Columbus, Pittsburgh, or Cincinnati?

Cincy is doubtful since they just got a show in 2014, Columbus seems more and more likely, Pittsburgh is a maybe, and Cleveland seems like a far and distant dream.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    callen said:

The band owes us nothing

I disagree. Without their fans they don't have a career. We pay their salaries. If a band member or management came out and said that then I'd be done as a fan.
    I want band to create music for themselves, not me. They owe me nothing. And I got hell of a lot more from them than they have from me.
    ^^Here, here!^^
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

That Bonnaroo listing looks "off"
    like my2Hands said... it has never been listed alphabetically before
    if so.. that is the weakest lineup that Bonnaroo has ever had..

That fake lineup poster has been generated based on the list that leaked on the app. That poster isn't official. However, these screen caps are:

http://imgur.com/a/zrzjz

Note: No headliners from that poster are listed. They were most likely added in after by the creator of the poster. I also feel pretty safe saying that no subheadliners are listed either.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,623
    What kind of people post fake lineups? They need jobs.
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    I live in Charlotte, NC and would definitely be there for Columbia, Charlotte, Raleigh...a Carolina Trifecta! But I also like the idea of Cleveland...A PJ show with side trips to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and over to Canton for NFL Hall of Fame! That would be a fun trip!!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,658
    iisee said:

I live in Charlotte, NC and would definitely be there for Columbia, Charlotte, Raleigh...a Carolina Trifecta! But I also like the idea of Cleveland...A PJ show with side trips to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and over to Canton for NFL Hall of Fame! That would be a fun trip!!

It would be a beautiful time for a show. With the RNC this summer, theyre working on upgrading the downtown area like never before. By June, it's going to look amazing.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,224
    According the #The Nashville Scene,PJ is headlining Bonnaroo.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    joseph33 said:

According the #The Nashville Scene,PJ is headlining Bonnaroo.

That would be about the 20th news outlet to report it
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    iisee said:

I am down for 2 of the 3 potential Carolina shows. Hope that we get some news soon!
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    iisee said:

I'll be all over these shows!, looks like we've been to a lot of the same ones! - - What was your experience like in South America... certainly a bucket list item for me is PJ in SA!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    The Bonnaroo list that's been posted is fan made from a list of some acts leaked on Bonnaroo's official app. It's been removed since, but that's why it was in alphabetical order. Don't think it's the full list though.
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    pdalowsky said:

SteffyLou said:

I got 9.

Though if I was stood in a room listening to them I wouldn't know 8 of the 9.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    iisee said:

I live in Charlotte too and we did a Cleveland/Buffalo road trip for the tour in 2010 and it was great! Hit Canton and the R&R HOF and, as you suggest, it was a perfect mix of PJ and sight seeing. Also did Niagra Falls in Buffalo. Going out of my mind with the thought of 3 PJ shows within 2ish hours of my house this year!!!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    derbydave said:

pdalowsky said:

my2hands said:

Who decides who is cool enough to get access to "confidential" tour dates anyway? Are there fans that are better than others? More deserving of the info?

I hate that elitist Betterfan shit, it's a long time plague in the pearl jam fan world, and it's obnoxious and annoying

There is no better fan, that's a ridiculous suggestion. Its a way of the world that some folk will have contacts whom have the inside line and they may offer tidbits out of some form a friendship. That is normally born out of some form of mutual respect. To throw that all over the internet and abuse that trust doesn't sit right, especially when it creates the kind of thread we have here. People have been upset that the dates haven't been announced, people are frustrated with the delays.....when in real terms there isn't a delay. Something isn't ready.

Personally I have enjoyed the build up, and the back and forth and the excitement is very much alive but I do know for some they have become completely disenchanted by it all.

There is no elitism involved there, absolutely none and no one is more deserving of information than anyone else. But no one is entitled to information that is confidential and not ready for general release yet.

getting the rumours coming from radio Djs (folk generally who may be in the know due to their position and not more entitled than the every day fan for example), seeing seating charts arrive online, seeing venues put the date up on their electronic boards as 'coming soon', venue staff giving out information from schedules - that is all part of the fun here. Personally I cant wait to see how the list of dates looks when it arrives.
    I just walked into an elevator at Ohio Stadium wearing a Pearl Jam hat and one of redcoats

told me that they were in negotiations with PJ for a show at one of their venues!!
    Sorry if that makes you feel like I am an entitled fan for sharing this information!!
    dont follow Dave, on the basis that he doesn't at any point say 'keep this to yourself' the information is fair game and part of the fun.

When the information is a full list of dates with the proviso 'please dont share this'.....I think its a different matter all together. That was the only point being made.

But then does anyone even have such a list....

that said, 5 days to go maybe?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    my2hands said:

Who decides who is cool enough to get access to "confidential" tour dates anyway?

I do. And you're not worthy.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2016
    pdalowsky said:

derbydave said:

pdalowsky said:

my2hands said:

dont follow Dave, on the basis that he doesn't at any point say 'keep this to yourself' the information is fair game and part of the fun.

When the information is a full list of dates with the proviso 'please dont share this'.....I think its a different matter all together. That was the only point being made.

But then does anyone even have such a list....

that said, 5 days to go maybe?
    Trust me, i understand... people told me some things about the tour and asked me to keep it private, which of course I will do, and have done... assuming they are even right themselves lol...

My point was the 10c's hype machine and cloak & dagger secrecy fuels a lot of the speculation and craziness... not sure why but they seem to jump the gun occasionally as well, this being an obvious example... the big bold & free thing years ago, why would you even mention anything if it wasn't concrete? That was a total tease, as is getting tweets & reminders 3 months before an actual tour announcement... venues were posting concert dates and ticket sale dates on their signs for God's sake lol

Summary - i undetstand you're point about trusting people, but I'm honestly not worried about fans posting rumored dates on the internet ... 10c does a good enough job of creating chaos lol

I happen to enjoy the chaos and speculation, so I hope everyone leaks everything they've got lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    The deadline for vacation requests at my work for April through June is February 1. Please release the tour dates SOON!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden