2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Annr95 said:

I'm getting really discouraged about this tour. I need to have my summer vacation request in by February 1 for work, and I was hopeful when these rumors started that I would be able to attend some shows. It's a big birthday for me this year and I was hoping to make a big trip and be able to include some PJ shows, but now I think I should just plan my trip without PJ shows. Such a disappointment.

You could have started by not participating in this thread.
    It furthers anguish in others.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    samjam said:

red mos said:

If true, this is a GREAT line up.

+1, fantastic.

I have no idea how I'd make that happen, but it would certainly be tempting.
    Hope you can. Jazzfest is fun. It's awesome to see all the different variations of music they have. I went when Bruce Springsteen played. I Saw his set, and various other bands on like 8 stages, most were covered by tent tarps. Really fun experience. Viewing art work and eating at a great sea food place called Acmee Oyster house. Jazzfest does end early though, I think the bands are done/ festival starts shutting down at like 7:00-7:30 pm. Still a great time though.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Sorry if this has been discussed before but my workmate is bothering me about the summer vacation dates.. I blocked the week around 8th June because this was the rumoured Amsterdam date. Do we know European summer tour is not going to happen for sure now?
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114

Sorry if this has been discussed before but my workmate is bothering me about the summer vacation dates.. I blocked the week around 8th June because this was the rumoured Amsterdam date. Do we know European summer tour is not going to happen for sure now?

no one knows anything at this point...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557

Sorry if this has been discussed before but my workmate is bothering me about the summer vacation dates.. I blocked the week around 8th June because this was the rumoured Amsterdam date. Do we know European summer tour is not going to happen for sure now?

There wasn't any indication it was happening in the first place!!
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Brisk. said:

There was plenty of indication. Strong leaks from venues etc.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Brisk. said:

There were lots of rumours and this usually is an indication.
    I don't mean to argue and I know PJ don't owe us anything, was just asking if anybody has an idea what to do or expect now.. and I'm sure others have the same problem regarding vacation plans and requests at work.

Brisk. said:

There were lots of rumours and this usually is an indication.
    I don't mean to argue and I know PJ don't owe us anything, was just asking if anybody has an idea what to do or expect now.. and I'm sure others have the same problem regarding vacation plans and requests at work.

I know a lot of us were psyched for a Europe tour with all the very hot rumours/leaks etc. Now, it sadly seems like there's other plans and we'll have to wait.

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Brisk. said:

I'd say there was as much indication as there was for the US tour.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I know we all want to book holiday but there's no point booking it on the rumoured dates, that's just folly. Rumours are generally right but this tour just seems different, we got no idea what's going on now.
    Brisk. said:

I know we all want to book holiday but there's no point booking it on the rumoured dates, that's just folly. Rumours are generally right but this tour just seems different, we got no idea what's going on now.

Saying about booking holiday of course it's folly to book on a rumour. And this tour being different with such solid EU rumours/leaks yet apparent 'cancellation' (yes, you can't cancel a rumour, I inow.) and like you say over here it seems there is no idea except it seems dead in the water.

Having said all that, I know plenty of people in the EU who got their hopes up for a tour because the rumours have to come from somewhere and would love to know what happened/going on etc.
    Given To Live -

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    are we really going to start that EU/US war again?

having said that... @brisk u dont know what u are talking about , the rumours for an EU Tour were way more than the US tour , thats for sure.
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    just_one said:

Isn't that what this is:
    just_one said:

having said that... @brisk u dont know what u are talking about , the rumours for an EU Tour were way more than the US tour , thats for sure.

:confused:

just_one said:

That feels pretty harsh on Brisk to me. In fact I'd say he's spot on in saying rumours are usually right but this is different.

As for EU tour being 'way more', I'd say they were as strong as each other.
    Given To Live -

• Annr95 said:

I'm getting really discouraged about this tour. I need to have my summer vacation request in by February 1 for work, and I was hopeful when these rumors started that I would be able to attend some shows. It's a big birthday for me this year and I was hoping to make a big trip and be able to include some PJ shows, but now I think I should just plan my trip without PJ shows. Such a disappointment.

Stop freaking out and cross ur fingers. You have 20 days still so chill

• dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    US rumors had:

- A list of 21 specific dates with cities
    - Ticketmaster posting new PJ specific seating charts for many of these
    - Radio station and venue contacts "confirming" many of these dates, identifying venues
    - Several different sets of dates of announcement, 10C requests, general onsale dates, with a 12/11 onsale date "confirmed" by multiple sources
    - One venue, Rupp Arena, went so far as to put it up on their marque with show and onsale date
    - Another venue, Bridgestone, had an e-mail stating they lost their show to Bonnaroo
    - Additional rumors of Wrigley and Fenway, with dates for Wrigley that made sense
    - Rumors of a Seattle (or Gorge) PJ25 event
    - And then there were all the rumors of several US festivals: Bonnaroo, Jazz Fest, Okeechoobee, Lolapalooza

dmbolp said:

US rumors had:

- Radio station and venue contacts "confirming" many of these dates, identifying venues
    - Several different sets of dates of announcement, 10C requests, general onsale dates, with a 12/11 onsale date "confirmed" by multiple sources
    - One venue, Rupp Arena, went so far as to put it up on their marque with show and onsale date
    - Another venue, Bridgestone, had an e-mail stating they lost their show to Bonnaroo
    - Additional rumors of Wrigley and Fenway, with dates for Wrigley that made sense
    - And then there were all the rumors of several US festivals: Bonnaroo, Jazz Fest, Okeechoobee, Lolapalooza

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people here are aware of this.

Given To Live -

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    This thread is comedy gold, going to be sorry to see it go when the dates are announced.

No way the eventual 2017 rumors thread can live up to the highs and lows of this one.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

This thread is comedy gold, going to be sorry to see it go when the dates are announced.

No way the eventual 2017 rumors thread can live up to the highs and lows of this one.

...unless there are no dates anywhere till '17 ;)
    Given To Live -

• GB281198GB281198 Posts: 443
    96X announced Cage the elephant...played Black right before and got me all excited
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    dmbolp said:

US rumors had:

A lot of PJ 25 Soldier Field scuttlebutt as well
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • If the Euro tour was cancelled then I curse Jeff for his sarcastic reply to me on Twitter during Q&A. Not that we'll ever know.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17

If the Euro tour was cancelled then I curse Jeff for his sarcastic reply to me on Twitter during Q&A. Not that we'll ever know.

The list of specific dates all over the 'net, leaks from venues and festivals, ticket seller in CR advertising Prague show, a never been wrong source in the Low Countries confirming...

Given To Live -

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2016

I think we have 3 north american tour legs to make it through this year before this thread is retired!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    IamTom said:

If the Euro tour was cancelled then I curse Jeff for his sarcastic reply to me on Twitter during Q&A. Not that we'll ever know.

The list of specific dates all over the 'net, leaks from venues and festivals, ticket seller in CR advertising Prague show, a never been wrong source in the Low Countries confirming...

Hahaha I'm sorry but that sounds like a load of crap!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Guys, we are all PJ fans. No need to argue which continent's rumors were more true... They are rumors for a reason, hopefully we get an announcement soon.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    rgambs said:

IamTom said:

Hahaha I'm sorry but that sounds like a load of crap!
    You're probably right. How could it be possible that EU sources are as legit as Ticketmaster seating plans from old tours ;)

Given To Live -

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356

I agree! I thought his answer was completely inappropriate. Should have shown much more respect for his fans. In fact how he answered, to me showed there was some truth to it. I mean why did he get so defensive about it?? It's like questioning your child about something and they get angry and defensive. That's usually when there is some truth to it.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • GB281198 said:

96X announced Cage the elephant...played Black right before and got me all excited

Wow what a brutal tease
  • dtr0624dtr0624 Posts: 611
    relax people lol seriously. come down from the ledge, take a breath, and chill... today is only the 11th of 2016 lol. bonnaroo drops the lineup this week or next and if they are headlining then releasing a tour first would pull ticket sales from the fest so AT BEST it will be same time, or after the lineup drop. woosah people lol come on. most of these rumors have been confirmed by reliable sources many times. its not IF but WHEN...
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden