Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987
    so i think its official no EU tour right?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    just_one said:

Based on what? The Werchter comment?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

Stated they will not be playing it this year
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    my2hands said:

just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

i would say that the Werchter comment combined with this comment basically all but confirm that Europe is not happening:

Jamie Feltham ‏@Hero_Kvatch 3h3 hours ago

@PearlJam there are rumours a Euro tour has be cancelled. Can you at confirm at the very least nothing has been cancelled? #PJLiveChat
    0 retweets 0 likes
    Pearl Jam ‏@PearlJam 2h2 hours ago

@Hero_Kvatch so let me get this straight....you're asking have the non shows been canceled? JA
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    edited December 2015
    All I took from that is, ask a stupid question, get a smartazz answer
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,363
    my2hands said:

just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

and this year is still 2015. Maybe KC was purposely taking the question literally.
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

i would say that the Werchter comment combined with this comment basically all but confirm that Europe is not happening:

@PearlJam there are rumours a Euro tour has be cancelled. Can you at confirm at the very least nothing has been cancelled? #PJLiveChat
    0 retweets 0 likes

@Hero_Kvatch so let me get this straight....you're asking have the non shows been canceled? JA
    But that can also be interpreted as since nothing has been officially announced, everything can be considered a non show. Only thing confirmed is that they aren't playing Werchter. Something has to be announced to be cancelled.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    All I got from this is that Jeff is a funny guy, Tim Bierman got a raise, something is in the works for PJ25 and something will be announced in the first half of 2016. It was a fun talk. All we can do is be patient. I did not read from any of that that a Euro tour is not happening. I did not read out of that that any tour is happening. There will be something in 2016. Not too bad :)
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    Seriously...
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Now we all just have to figure out what "first part of the year" means. First half, first month...?
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Now we all just have to figure out what "first part of the year" means. First half, first month...?

New year announcement? First part = first moment? Haha
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I didn't learn much. I still believe based on what I knew prior to this chat, Europe was on and it was cancelled. The east coast is still on. The only thing that was new was that PJ 25 is back on. That's good. I still hope they improve the GA system. I know I'm never going to get those sweet floor seats again but hopefully they will do something to where u don't have to camp out (if you do get GA) to have a chance to get up close. It would be a nice gesture to the 20+ year 10 club members.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    Sprunkn7 said:

If they do PJ25 at The Gorge I am sooooooo there!!!

You and me both!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    Noload said:

I still hope they improve the GA system. I know I'm never going to get those sweet floor seats again but hopefully they will do something to where u don't have to camp out (if you do get GA) to have a chance to get up close. It would be a nice gesture to the 20+ year 10 club members.

Agree. It would be a happy medium for taking away seniority benefits.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    rummy said:

my2hands said:

just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

and this year is still 2015. Maybe KC was purposely taking the question literally.
    *sigh*
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Noload said:

I still hope they improve the GA system. I know I'm never going to get those sweet floor seats again but hopefully they will do something to where u don't have to camp out (if you do get GA) to have a chance to get up close. It would be a nice gesture to the 20+ year 10 club members.

We are outnumbered :)
  • Options
    Noload said:

Noload said:

We are outnumbered :)
    You can join the fan club after Christmas and if you are willing to camp out on the streets of a large downtown area and possibly wear an adult diaper, you can be front row at a show for the upcoming tour.
  • Options
    Re: the seniority thing I mean I've liked PJ for a long time but I've only been a member since earlier this year. I understand the point of seniority but to give by default better seats to someone just because they've been a member of the 10c for a long time isn't really right IMO. If everyone's paying the same price it should be fair as to where you end up which is why I like the way Bruce does the pit and I believe how the 10c does the random ticket drawings.
  • Options

Re: the seniority thing I mean I've liked PJ for a long time but I've only been a member since earlier this year. I understand the point of seniority but to give by default better seats to someone just because they've been a member of the 10c for a long time isn't really right IMO. If everyone's paying the same price it should be fair as to where you end up which is why I like the way Bruce does the pit and I believe how the 10c does the random ticket drawings.

Understand your point of view. For many years the seniority was a major selling point of the fan club but I understand for them it's just business. The memberships are harder to sell if the people that have paid for many many years get the best seats. Good news for you..they are never going back.
  • Options
    Noload said:

Understand your point of view. For many years the seniority was a major selling point of the fan club but I understand for them it's just business. The memberships are harder to sell if the people that have paid for many many years get the best seats. Good news for you..they are never going back.
    And the other thing is the turnaround is probably incredibly small. The people at the top probably won't be going anywhere which means people like me would only ever end up in a morass in the middle at best.
  • Options

Noload said:

And the other thing is the turnaround is probably incredibly small. The people at the top probably won't be going anywhere which means people like me would only ever end up in a morass in the middle at best.
    Absolutely. .I used to maintain my membership by snail mail and get fan club updates by calling the 900 number..it was a different time. Either way, they are in the business of selling memberships so I understand. They can improve the current GA system regardless. I hope they do.
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    As a later member I joined in I think 08 I would like to see back of the floor seats not go to fan club I much rather have all the way across the arena in a lower level seat then be on the flat back of the floor, I was lucky enough to win GA on the midwest tour but I cant see my self doing that every time but I also won reserved seats through the lottery for Philly and that was back of the floor. in 2010 when we had to actually refresh to get tickets I managed to get two shows through the fan club and while they werent premium lower level they were lower level or mid upper level and much better than the back of the floor.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    Just checking in- east coast still on and PJ25- exactly what I was hoping for
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971

Just checking in- east coast still on and PJ25- exactly what I was hoping for

I tried to get a Fenway hint, too. Otherwise agreed. That is what I wanted to hear.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152

As a later member I joined in I think 08 I would like to see back of the floor seats not go to fan club I much rather have all the way across the arena in a lower level seat then be on the flat back of the floor, I was lucky enough to win GA on the midwest tour but I cant see my self doing that every time but I also won reserved seats through the lottery for Philly and that was back of the floor. in 2010 when we had to actually refresh to get tickets I managed to get two shows through the fan club and while they werent premium lower level they were lower level or mid upper level and much better than the back of the floor.

I think for at least the last 2 tours, 10c has kept the reserved seats within about 10 to 15 rows behind GA, or the raised lowers nearest to the stage. I think 10c even said that they would try to keep us from the back of the floor. I'm sure there have been exceptions, but it seems like they get us close to the stage.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,985
    BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

0 retweets 0 likes

Sadly I have to agree. Compare those comments to responses made about US and Canada shows.

Maybe 2017 will be our year...
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    edited December 2015
    BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

0 retweets 0 likes

But no one ever rumored RW it just fit nicely into rumored schedule.
    And they played there the last three tours.
    Post edited by Funkez on
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

0 retweets 0 likes

Wow, useless chatting at it's best. Only answered stupid questions so he did not have to give any real information. What a waste of time. I bet a lot of people really hoped and thought they would learn something about an upcoming tour from this suspiciously timed chat.
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    BeerBaron said:

my2hands said:

just_one said:

just_one said:

what werchter comment?

0 retweets 0 likes

wow, 2+2 =7

euro tour not officially announced so cannot be officially cancelled, pretty straight forward really.

as for werchter, the answer was true, PJ will not be playing this year. pedantic answer maybe but true.

if you ask the wrong question youll the get the answer you didn't want.

lets look forward to January and see what gets announced.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(