Try this...

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627
edited October 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
For those who can, firmly grasp a nose hair a quickly pull it out. If you can do this without getting tears in your eyes or violently sneezing several times you should get an award.

Sorry, no pictures. LOL!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    No way!!!!!

:lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I've done it with tweezers....no tears and no sneezing....best thing to do is pinch your nose closed before you yank it out....it hurts far less....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Pain is still what lets you know you are alive. Do it 2 or 3 at a time I say.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627
    PJSiren said:

I've done it with tweezers....no tears and no sneezing....best thing to do is pinch your nose closed before you yank it out....it hurts far less....

Good idea!

I tried using some small, very sharp scissors once. I kind of doubt anyone wants to know more about that though. image
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

PJSiren said:

Good idea!

I tried using some small, very sharp scissors once. I kind of doubt anyone wants to know more about that though. image
    YIKES!! lol Sounds awful!

I usually use a nose hair trimmer to just keep them short....
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

brianlux said:

PJSiren said:

Good idea!

YIKES!! lol Sounds awful!

I usually use a nose hair trimmer to just keep them short....
    I was, LOL! Which is why I just jerk them out and cry. :lol:

LOL, they're really an annoying thing...I understand the reasoning for them....but I don't understand why they have to grow....nor do I understand the men and women who don't keep them under control....lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    That's what I'm talkin' about!
  • That's hard to do and it hurts.
    See ladies,
    You girls have labour pains and we have nose hair pulling pains.
    Same thing.
    And if you haven't had labour pains it is the same pain as menstrual cramps.
  • I pulled a nose hair out a couple of weeks ago. I've noticed sometimes there's a loose one that's easy to pull out. But recently I pulled one that was sticking out that was pretty strong and it made me sneeze and my eyes watered. Hurt, lol.

I have an electric nose trimmer at work actually. I deal with a lot of ear wax at work, so why not throw a little nose hair in, too! Yuuuuuum.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    brianlux said:

PJSiren said:

Good idea!

They do make nose scissors...they are the same size as the tiny sharp scissors, but the tips are rounded so you don't have unfortunate accidents. Most nice cutlery stores will have them...usually next to the straight razors.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

That's hard to do and it hurts.
    See ladies,
    Same thing.

And when is the last time you have birthed a child or been doubled over because it feels that your body is worse than angry? That is the most dumb ass comment that I've ever read. Nose hair removal isn't even close. (And yes, I have removed one, so I can actually tell you from experience.) And I'm sure that plucking eyebrows or other maintenance things aren't even considered in your eyes.

Nice try.

No sympathy.

Guessing you have no female in your life or she would have set you straight.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited October 2015
    I use tweezers for that regularly (i don't have out of control nose hair like a man, haha, but women don't have hairless nostrils, fyi). I remember it hurting way back when I started grooming there, lol, but you get used to it. No pain at all anymore, really.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    so easy....lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    deadendp said:

See ladies,
    Same thing.

And when is the last time you have birthed a child or been doubled over because it feels that your body is worse than angry? That is the most dumb ass comment that I've ever read. Nose hair removal isn't even close. (And yes, I have removed one, so I can actually tell you from experience.) And I'm sure that plucking eyebrows or other maintenance things aren't even considered in your eyes.

Nice try.

No sympathy.

I think he surely meant that tongue-in-cheek! I believe he does have a wife and at least one kid. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    deadendp said:

See ladies,
    Same thing.

Nice try.

No sympathy.

Nothing quite like getting hot wax spread on your face then ripped off to remove unwanted hair.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • deadendp said:

See ladies,
    Same thing.

Nice try.

No sympathy.

PJ_Soul said:

deadendp said:

See ladies,
    Same thing.

Nice try.

No sympathy.

I think he surely meant that tongue-in-cheek! I believe he does have a wife and at least one kid. ;)
    Nope, meant every word you wimpy ladies. :wink:
    This is no time for sarcasm and humor. It is a very touchy subject that is embedded deep in the nostrils of our social order. Again, the question is, "To pull or not to pull." Good luck, comrades.

• MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    I'll pull out 10 at a time and laugh. Stub my toe; scream as loud as I can, fall to the ground and look for something to break. I do this about once a day and my wife thinks I'm overreacting.
    I am not.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Nami said:

so easy....lol

so easy....so hard
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Malroth said:

I'll pull out 10 at a time and laugh. Stub my toe; scream as loud as I can, fall to the ground and look for something to break. I do this about once a day and my wife thinks I'm overreacting.
    I am not.

Oh the pain! Yeah, multiple nose hair pullings will induce streaming tears, yelling, general mad-cow like behavior and a broken dish or two!

• There is nothing worse than the feeling knowing that you are about to cause yourself some ridiculous pain.
    That nose hair is the worst!

There is nothing worse than the feeling knowing that you are about to cause yourself some ridiculous pain.
    That nose hair is the worst!

The alternative (besides letting them grow down to your chin) is to clip them. But have you ever snipped the inside of your nose with razor sharp scissors? Oh! Talk about some pain!!

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Oh the joys of getting older. I realized about 5 years ago that "going bald" is kind of a myth. You don't really go bald, it's just the hair stops growing on top of your head and instead sprouts out your fuckin nose, ears, & shoulders.