Current

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Sometimes it can be fun to swim in a strong current even if you cannot get to the destination. I think the key is knowing when a good workout has been enjoyed and to head back to the shore for more drinks. After such vigorous swimming they are well earned.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    edited October 2015
    Changing strokes may help.

^^^^ Backstroke? Freestyle? Butterfly? Aaah, Doggie Paddle.
    Post edited by Hobbes on
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Hobbes said:

Changing strokes may help.

^^^^ Backstroke? Freestyle? Butterfly? Aaah, Doggie Paddle.

Your leaving out breast stroke.Usually one of the easiest ways to navigate the current.

You can also come at the current from a different angle.Sometimes you can work in from behind the current(caution,there are multiple ways to go about this.It is not for the novice swimmer) or even approach at an angle and just work your way into a fluid swimming scenario.It may take a little work but once you get your stride and a good head of steam.its all money
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Whats the rule when you are done with your workout but the current is still flowing. Can you quit or do you need to keep swimming until the current gets tired?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Stupid question you keep swimming until the current has run it course and is all done. If you can't handle the current for the duration you aren't ready for the current.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm a big fan of the Pacific current. It's warmer and there are mountains near by
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    The mountains are bigger and prettier out west as well.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    I'd bet they're bigger pain in the asses too
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

The Pacific Current is to be feared.Many of swimmer have been lost in those waters.
    That's because many head west all cocky and full of themselves without being properly prepared for the awesome force that is the Pacific Current. But those that know what they are doing say it's the best experience of their lives.

With El Niño,the pacific current is sure to alter its strength and direction.Some who study that particular Flow have said that the Current should dip unusually far south this Nov.All the way down to Mexico.
    You never know what kind of spicy little swimmers could try to swim the current down there.
    You're saying northern pacific currents will go as far south as Mexico and little swimmers could penetrate the current? El Niño is some crazy stuff
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    Be cautious. The northern pacific current is fierce and will crush any unsuspecting or unworthy swimmers, tossing them from the seabed.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited October 2015

You're saying northern pacific currents will go as far south as Mexico and little swimmers could penetrate the current? El Niño is some crazy stuff

Yes.Empty you are correct.

And Often,It may mean they have to use the buddy system and swim pairs.This current,to use A PJ term has indeed "Swallowed Whole"many of current swimmer.Poor unsuspecting Bastards.Ive even heard tales of swimming Donkeys down in the waters of Mexico.Who wouldn't get a good laugh at that sight.But this is not for the faint of heart.I think F Me has seen the swimming asses.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    Donkey hole
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I thought bringing in the donkey refrences was a nice touch
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    I cannot speak of some of what I have seen south of the border. The current is amazingly strong there and it is easy to jump in from pretty much any corner.
    I would argue the current is too easy to jump into in some of the Pacific currents that travel from south of the border. Plus there are no hazard signs letting you know when the current has become infested and is not safe to swim. I do miss Norther Pacific Currents though. They can be a little colder at first but warm up once you become submerged.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I would argue the current is too easy to jump into in some of the Pacific currents that travel from south of the border.

Sorry, find this argument flawed. No such thing as a current that is too easy to jump into.
    Swimmer beware, but free current for all!
    What about private beaches....anyone ever pay top dollar to dive in a pristine, high priced current?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

What about private beaches....anyone ever pay top dollar to dive in a pristine, high priced current?

No, I always waited until years of storms battered the beach into a catcher's mitt of a place....and then tied a board to my butt and dove in.
    Pay to swim currents could be tempting but it shouldn't cost to swim in. Too many currents that will let you swim for free provided you spend enough time warming up.

Empty, that sounded like you are chasing the young currents again. While the beachs of the elite private/pay to swim currents may be pristing and highly manicured I would not call the current pristine. Too many dirty swimmers have been in it.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Point taken...fuckin dirty swimmers
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

edited October 2015
    You know the type of dirty swimmer I mean. The ones who take a picnic to the beach to spill yogurt all over the beach and current. I like my beaches and currents to not have had a lot of yogurt spills before I hop in for a swim.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I'm going to have to go the snob route here.But I like private beaches,good amenities,Vip bathrooms,Valet parking I means shit, we ALL pay to swim the private currents anyway .Doin it in style just keeps the current in a good place and more comfortable to swim.Plus I hear there is Cabana girls there.

Currant flavored tea bag.
    Hobbes said:

Currant flavored tea bag.

There's something fishy about that
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    ^^ That would be "Mighty" currant, Hobbes.
    ELITIST FUK
    By nature you can't tea bag a current. I claim synthetic current in that product.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Synthetic currant? Oh, you mean 3Fap.