Options

Whats your favorite Ed line at a show!

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'ts not an attempt to restart Grunge fashion.. there is a reason..there's a reason...It's Fucking HOT!!!
    Gorge 2 2006
    So funny
  • Options
    In DC on '06 Eddie was about to go into Fuckin up and he gives this whole speech about how Dick Cheney called him and when eddie picked up the phone he heard (in eddies best cheney voice) "Hi this is Dick Chaney.....Eddie says Hey.....DICK" very funny little moment
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • Options
    LAMLAM Posts: 30
    "Making it up."

Osaka 03.
  • Options
    hard_sunhard_sun Posts: 382
    ''I will now speak in English , my German is not that good/… . I sound like George Bush, when he’s trying to speak English." - this is awesome

he said this in the german

Nova Rock, Vienna 07.
    ...the north is to south what the clock is to time...
    419 352
  • Options
    wpost211wpost211 Posts: 124
    "Pussies No More" after Leash, E Rutherford 6-1-06
    "there's a lot to be said for nowhere...."

1996 - Randall's Island II 1998 - MSG I
    2000 - Jones Beach II & III 2003 - Uniondale, MSG I & II
    2006 - E. Ruth I & II 2007 - Lollapalooza
    2008 - MSG I & II, Hartford 2009 - Philly IV
    2010 - Newark, MSG I & II
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    " It tastes like, or uh, sounds like a Popsicle that's been stuck up someones ass.
    Well, some people like that kind of thing."
    Regarding a thank you to the Buzzcocks for being an influence on their music... that apparently does not sound like shit.

Also, I like the "this is dedicated to the bastard that married my momma..." I believe he uses the "I'm ready to fuck you" in that Alive. This took on all the insinuation of incest.

I had a great laugh at NJ1 2006 when he brings up Bushleaguer and everyone goes insane. "Again, we're NOT going to play it!" I wish they did.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    at Hershey, in 2003...

some girl was flashing the band as they were playing "insignificance" during the song he yelled at her, "why don't you get some fuckin' tits first" or something to that nature. he then continued to comment about it after the song was over, telling the rest of the audience that there was some "girl gone wild bullshit" going on and that he, and i quote, "is into much harder stuff than that. i actually like to SHIT on little girl's heads."

hilarious.

edit: i saw someone already mentioned this, but butchered it.
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    'make babies' ED - Werchter, Belgium

Since I'm 30 years old, it was a good advice... :-)
    Rotterdam, Ahoy, Holland, 1993
    Antwerp, Belgium, 2006
    Madrid, Spain, 2007
    Düsseldorf, Germany, 2007
    Werchter, Belgium, 2007
  • Options
    Glasgow '99 Eddie was apologising to the crowd for taking so long to come back to the city which was greeted with some tongue in cheek booing. His response was "Fuck you! I had laundry to do."

Made me laugh. :)

[edit] it was 2000. oops
    Scottish Grunge Survivalists...
    http://www.myspace.com/hollowpointuk
  • Options
    "red rover, red rover....mike mccready take over"
    during evenflow Philly 05.
    It just makes me chuckle:)
    hahahah I like this one
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    Numbskull macho meat head security personel roughing up kids... young men and women! Throwing them out for no reason when ultimately its the fans that are paying the security guards salary right?

NW speech, Melbourne 95
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Options
    jmacdjmacd Posts: 145
    "eddie is an asshole!! curiously you were much louder on that one" the part just before they play neil young's harvest moon dedicated to jenn & jack's wedding which they had to miss because of the canadian tour.
    toronto '92 X 2, toronto '93, hamilton '05, toronto 1 '06, toronto '09, buffalo '10, london '13, buffalo '13
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    "Look at all the fu**ing tans. They could make a nice couch out of you guys."
    3/29/94
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    "That shit freaked me out, i don't ever wanna play that song again, ever!"
    right after the crazy-mary blowout
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    "This one's called Evacuation"

haha
    that was a good one
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    another toast to hamilton!
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    "It's alright, you can throw things..."

After saying Pittsburgh wasn't the band's favorite place to visit (while in Pittsburgh).

Yeah and people were throwing cigarettes and he thought they were joints and then he asked someone to throw up a lighter. It was great. I scored a third row seat for that show(second greatest day of my life-so far). I had one joint left and i was going to throw it up, but i knew it wouldn't make it to the stage, so i didn't. Awesome show!!!
  • Options
    "Good Evening"
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • Options
    PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    "Matt Cameron on the drums !!"
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I am a donut
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    at the end of low light on gorge '05

"that song was written by jeff ament.
    he skateboarded here in order to play this show tonight.

I swam."

::cue M.O.T.H.::

I don't know why but I always liked that.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    "This one's for the Freaks!!!"
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    This is for everybody that's been traveling around... all over... these people have been traveling around... we don't even know what to say... thanks so much

Perth 06. You're welcome, Ed. See ya across Europe in 7 months time :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    "you know, i'm completely fluent in French and almost as good in Dutch but since you can't decide which one to speak, i'm gonna speak english all night, right ?"

Antwerp, 2006.
    Considering the political situation here in Belgium, it was really funny to hear that from Ed
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    goldstar wrote:
    "That shit freaked me out, i don't ever wanna play that song again, ever!"
    right after the crazy-mary blowout

Thats a great one. Thunder bay is pretty good. It was hot as hell in there, so Ive been told, and Ed asked " How do you play hockey in here?" Pretty cool.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    Seattle 7/22/98 show #2

"Stone and Jeff just wanted to tell me how much they were gonna miss me after the tour was over..........and that would be a joke............................not a very good one either"

(set list change between songs leading into Corduroy)
  • Options
    Thought of another one.........

the part about the fans being there for them all along even when they played "shitty songs..........and were gonna play one right now"

(Dirty Frank lead in)
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    some people in the Soldier Field sky boxes were flashing their lights while he was talking. he quipped something along the lines of:
    there are flashing bugs up there(GA people boo)

he goes no wait, these are the rich fancy people right? The ones with all the luxary......Well it seems to me they are the farthest from the stage and behind a fucking window!"

shit like that just makes me love this band.

He also made some comments in Chicago Stadium in 94 about how we are tearing all the old places down and one day there will be no more antiques.