Options

Daily fantasy leagues..Fan dual or Draft kings

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    It's very interesting.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    JK_Livin said:
    very interesting read. i really can't understand how this is considered a game of skill and is legal but online poker is not. and if you are using automated programs , even written code yourself, how is that a game of skill? i never fully trusted the poker sites were on the up and up and after reading this don't think these sites are either.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    How I play. $50 total, ten 50/50 games at $5 a piece. I'm not looking to get rich- just looking to have fun and win some chump change.

Wins Losses Profit/Loss
    10 0 40
    9 1 31
    8 2 22
    7 3 13
    6 4 4
    5 5 -5
    4 6 -14
    3 7 -23
    2 8 -32
    1 9 -41
    0 10 -50
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    very interesting read. i really can't understand how this is considered a game of skill and is legal but online poker is not. and if you are using automated programs , even written code yourself, how is that a game of skill? i never fully trusted the poker sites were on the up and up and after reading this don't think these sites are either.
    There's really no new information in that article for me anyway. If you played online poker, you knew that the odds were against you.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    How could these DFS sites be a scam? Can't see how things could be fixed when the results aren't debatable.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

FrankieG said:

Biggest scam out there. Can't beat the power users that play full time as their job.

Why? Please explain.

I haven't put money in my account since March. You just can't go nuts and play big money tournaments every day. I generally play a small money tourney if I feel good, but I mostly play the 50/50s and it seems to work out.
    If you are playing just for fun and expecting to lose, then I see it can have entertainment value. But if you are really trying to win money, your odds are too low for my taste.. The guys that write the optimizing software that enter hundreds of picks a day have the upper hand.

http://thedailyroto.com/the-fanduel-scam/
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    edited September 2015

How I play. $50 total, ten 50/50 games at $5 a piece. I'm not looking to get rich- just looking to have fun and win some chump change.

Wins Losses Profit/Loss
    10 0 40
    9 1 31
    8 2 22
    7 3 13
    6 4 4
    5 5 -5
    4 6 -14
    3 7 -23
    2 8 -32
    1 9 -41
    0 10 -50

So that has to include your original bet, right?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    How could these DFS sites be a scam? Can't see how things could be fixed when the results aren't debatable.
    did you read the article? guys are writing scripts, allowed by the sites mind you, that pick the most optimized teams and playing hundreds of games a day. how is that considered skill and not 'fixed'?.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    FrankieG said:

FrankieG said:

Biggest scam out there. Can't beat the power users that play full time as their job.

Why? Please explain.

I haven't put money in my account since March. You just can't go nuts and play big money tournaments every day. I generally play a small money tourney if I feel good, but I mostly play the 50/50s and it seems to work out.
    If you are playing just for fun and expecting to lose, then I see it can have entertainment value. But if you are really trying to win money, your odds are too low for my taste.. The guys that write the optimizing software that enter hundreds of picks a day have the upper hand.

http://thedailyroto.com/the-fanduel-scam/
    basically any wagering should be treated like that.

Anyone who is "good in fantasy football leagues" thinks they can putz in and pull $100s of Ks or more is a fool.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Currently 9th in my 40 man 50/50 in golf
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    did you read the article? guys are writing scripts, allowed by the sites mind you, that pick the most optimized teams and playing hundreds of games a day. how is that considered skill and not 'fixed'?.
    Yeah, I read it. I think the ability to write a script to determine the best lineup is a pretty damn good skill. I really don't see how someone giving themselves the best chance to win could be 'fixed'.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    Yeah, I read it. I think the ability to write a script to determine the best lineup is a pretty damn good skill. I really don't see how someone giving themselves the best chance to win could be 'fixed'.
    it's like scalpers having programs to get the best tickets in the 1st milliseconds of a concert sale. it's the same premise and you can't tell me you think that because the scalpers have a skill to write those programs that it is ok?

as these sites catch on even more and the money increases even more there will be more and more of this and make it even less possible to make money on it.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    it's like scalpers having programs to get the best tickets in the 1st milliseconds of a concert sale. it's the same premise and you can't tell me you think that because the scalpers have a skill to write those programs that it is ok?

as these sites catch on even more and the money increases even more there will be more and more of this and make it even less possible to make money on it.
    The difference is that these guys who have scripts/programs for fanduel aren't guaranteed to win like the scalpers are with getting concerts/sports tickets. Their script/program may tell them to start a guy who gets injured in the 1st quarter and then they are fucked when that guy puts up a 0. There's definitely room for error when it comes to fanduel/draft kings. And I'd say the ability to write a script/program that analyzes stats/matchups is a little different than a script/program for buying concert tickets. What are they supposed to do??? Ban the people that are really good at DFS?

• Options
    If I write a script to pick up Tom Brady as my QB and he breaks an ankle on the 3rd snap what's that get me?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

If I write a script to pick up Tom Brady as my QB and he breaks an ankle on the 3rd snap what's that get me?

Exactly! Just because people are really good at it doesn't mean it is fixed.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

That's where I don't get how this doesn't fall under the heading of a "game of luck" and is instead a "game of skill".
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

The difference is that these guys who have scripts/programs for fanduel aren't guaranteed to win like the scalpers are with getting concerts/sports tickets. Their script/program may tell them to start a guy who gets injured in the 1st quarter and then they are fucked when that guy puts up a 0. There's definitely room for error when it comes to fanduel/draft kings. And I'd say the ability to write a script/program that analyzes stats/matchups is a little different than a script/program for buying concert tickets. What are they supposed to do??? Ban the people that are really good at DFS?

that's like saying the Patriots aren't cheaters because they still had to tackle even after they had videotapes and the other teams play charts.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but as I understand it these scripts are entered directly into the sites allowing the players to pick hundreds and hundreds of teams in a much shorter period of time than some regular schmuck who is picking his teams by hand. So you are essentially allowing the odds for this 1 person to be much greater to start in a game than a regular person. how is that fair?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    it seems some people have been able to work it into a game of value/probability with spreading out/diversifying. Worked out quite a bit of analytics into it. Also a great deal of data entry/research.
    The guy does a mass quantity of entries and returns 8% a day. That's pretty insane.

Average user isn't going to make a career like that unless he/she can bring the same statistical prowess and hard work into play.

I ponied up and joined finally. Seems like this is the future of this stuff and I enjoy gambling. I went in with the understanding that my deposit was "money spent".

• Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

that's like saying the Patriots aren't cheaters because they still had to tackle even after they had videotapes and the other teams play charts.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but as I understand it these scripts are entered directly into the sites allowing the players to pick hundreds and hundreds of teams in a much shorter period of time than some regular schmuck who is picking his teams by hand. So you are essentially allowing the odds for this 1 person to be much greater to start in a game than a regular person. how is that fair?
    The way I read it is that these scripts/programs are what these guys use to identify which players to start in their lineups. I'm not sure how they enter the actual contests.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

The way I read it is that these scripts/programs are what these guys use to identify which players to start in their lineups. I'm not sure how they enter the actual contests.
    and i have no problem with guys doing that to identify players but the below quote from the article leads me to believe that these guys with the scripts are entering them directly into the sites allowing for easier and faster picking games and teams allowing them to have more entries.

"Following the policy announcements, Rotogrinders released browser extensions that allow players to enter contests automatically on both sites."
  • Options
    This "game of skill" bullshit is not going to last for much longer, me thinks.

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I can't wait to be annoyed by a different group of commercials.

It's also bullshit that NFL owners have stakes in these companies but players can't gamble.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Yeah...feels like this bubble is going to burst soon. I could definitely see the government stepping in here soon and shutting it down.
  • Options
    Everything that is fun needs to be ruined by some greedy asshole.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    JK_Livin said:

I can't wait to be annoyed by a different group of commercials.

It's also bullshit that NFL owners have stakes in these companies but players can't gamble.

and any geico commercial ... blah, blah
  • Options

Jason P said:

Yeah...feels like this bubble is going to burst soon. I could definitely see the government stepping in here soon and shutting it down.
    It just irks me that you can't lay down a bet on a football game, yet the government lets two of the dumbest forms of gambling, the lotto and fantasy sports, to be legal.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

It just irks me that you can't lay down a bet on a football game, yet the government lets two of the dumbest forms of gambling, the lotto and fantasy sports, to be legal.
    Yep. It's fucking ridiculous. It should all be legal. There should be sportsbooks everywhere!
  • Options
    should we really be shocked that a site that Robert Kraft is an investor in is involved in a cheating scandal? too funny. :how_interesting:

sports gambling will be legalized in this country within the next decade. little by little the leagues are softening their stances and the farce of only Nevada having true legal sports betting will be over.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

should we really be shocked that a site that Robert Kraft is an investor in is involved in a cheating scandal? too funny. :how_interesting:

holy shitballs.

CHEATERS!!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    FrankieG said:

Wins Losses Profit/Loss
    10 0 40
    9 1 31
    8 2 22
    7 3 13
    6 4 4
    5 5 -5
    4 6 -14
    3 7 -23
    2 8 -32
    1 9 -41
    0 10 -50

So that has to include your original bet, right?
    Just saw this- the profit/loss already takes out the original $50 you bet.

Btw, yahoo daily fantasy has todd gurley as a $10 buy right now, which is the best buy I've seen yet on a daily fantasy site. I played him in all my games. Even if he does little (which I doubt) he was still only the minimum and the rest of my lineups look strong.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
This discussion has been closed.