Options

Announcement of 2008 boots

nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Just received this on email.

Fans/Friends/Customers:

Pearl Jam is pleased to present the anticipated bootleg program available for the 2008 US tour, made-to-order with mobile, digital and CD options.

The plan is to expand the bootleg program for the upcoming 2008 tour to include three different options for fans seeking to obtain bootleg recordings of the live shows. High-quality digital downloads and burn-to-order CDs of the entire show will be available following each show date exclusively via the Ten Club, at http://www.pearljam.com. In addition, mobile bootlegs of three live tracks per show will be released following the show on V CAST Music phones and at http://www.pearljamconcerts.com through Verizon Wireless.

Pearl Jam's twelve-date 2008 U.S. Tour kicks off June 11th in West Palm Beach and wraps up on June 30th in Boston. For a full list of Pearl Jam's tour dates and more detailed information on the bootleg program, please visit http://www.pearljam.com.

Also ... check out our new friends over at Buzznet.com (http://http://www.buzznet.com/tags/pearljam/) for updates on the current Pearl Jam tour.

Enjoy the ride!

10club staff

Well, it makes my heart glow. We in London, Copenhagen and a few other places in Europe are over the moon. 7 years with no show and then when we get one, no boot! Shows in the US however... boots galore!

I'm just pissed as I've just paid for my new 10C subscription. We at least know where we stand in the pecking order.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    I thought there were official bootlegs for Dublin and Reading 2006? And maybe others? A bootleg for Wembley 07 would have been nice though. A year ago next week...
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    JimNastics wrote:
    I thought there were official bootlegs for Dublin and Reading 2006? And maybe others? A bootleg for Wembley 07 would have been nice though. A year ago next week...
    there were boots for the 2006 tour but not for the 2007 one...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I'd rather have the opportunity to see a show, than have an opportunity to buy a boot. Just think how the US was last year! On top of the lack of shows, we couldn't even hear the ones that played. Just be happy that they came to you, and enjoy your status on the pecking order. I mean, you could be the Africans. When was the last time they played for them?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    the boots are a nice momemto, but christ I'd still like to be grateful they came to London last year......sure I'd like the boot, but I dont think the fact we didnt get one shows they dont value us......
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nuffingman wrote:
    Well, it makes my heart glow. We in London, Copenhagen and a few other places in Europe are over the moon. 7 years with no show and then when we get one, no boot! Shows in the US however... boots galore!

I'm just pissed as I've just paid for my new 10C subscription. We at least know where we stand in the pecking order.

and you just paid more for your membership than Americans do.. :(

i'm happy we're getting some boots though... but I would have liked a Wembley one from last year :( but its too late noo!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    wow, way to look at something wonderful - especially with the expanded program - and see negative. believe me, i understand your disappointment/frustration of no 2007 euroboots. i feel the same. i was at london, dusseldorf and nijmegen and soooo wanted boots! i also wanted a boot from irving plaza and i HOPE we get one from the beacon, but probably not. i think it was merely unfortunate timing since there WERE boots for the 2006 eurotour....that since they were changing from basecamp and whatever else....no 2007 boots.

btw - if i were in a fanclub for a band based outside my home country i too would expect to pay more. postage costs more. that's all.

hopefully they WILL eventually release boots since they now have a new program. i still am hopeful for it. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    wow, way to look at something wonderful - especially with the expanded program - and see negative. believe me, i understand your disappointment/frustration of no 2007 euroboots. i feel the same. i was at london, dusseldorf and nijmegen and soooo wanted boots! i also wanted a boot from irving plaza and i HOPE we get one from the beacon, but probably not. i think it was merely unfortunate timing since there WERE boots for the 2006 eurotour....that since they were changing from basecamp and whatever else....no 2007 boots.

btw - if i were in a fanclub for a band based outside my home country i too would expect to pay more. postage costs more. that's all.

hopefully they WILL eventually release boots since they now have a new program. i still am hopeful for it. :)

Every 2007 show was recorded and boots are available - just not official ones.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

yeah fair enough... i only receive a xmas single but if it costs $5 extra to get that then no probs.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Every 2007 show was recorded and boots are available - just not official ones.

exactly.
    however, the OP is lamenting the lack of 'official boots'...and i understand. tis my preference as well. :) so me, while i am still saddened to not have official boots from the 2007 eurotour....nor irving plaza....i am soooo HAPPY about the new, expanded program...seems something for everyone! i love how pj/10c really pay attention. not saying they honor every request/idea....how or why should they? but it is obvious they DO listen and take things into account. makes sense - make your fans happy, make more $$$, win-win.

dunk, don't you also get the copies of Deep....? while we haven't gotten a new one yet, we are supposed to get 2 issues a year + the holiday single, so that postage does add up.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    dunk, don't you also get the copies of Deep....? while we haven't gotten a new one yet, we are supposed to get 2 issues a year + the holiday single, so that postage does add up.

yes thats right... :)

i stand corrected.. which in 33 years of existence i have never done before... it feels weird ;):D
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    dunkman wrote:
    yes thats right...

i stand corrected.. which in 33 years of existence i have never done before... it feels weird ;):D

:D

I think this extended program is a good idea.

I still want official 2007 boots though... ;):D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    yes thats right...

:eek:

well i am happy to help pop that cherry for ya. ;)

buru - i agree!
    i STILL hold out hope that they WILL get released, officially. i know they are 'out there'...but for me...just not the same. however, right now, i am sooo psyched for the return of boots, period...and most especially CDs. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    they mostly did festivals last tour. the sets were short and consisted of songs we here on the radio every day.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I'm sorry. What did the original poster say? I couldn't hear him over my official Vic bootleg that was released from the 2007 tour dates...
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    they mostly did festivals last tour. the sets were short and consisted of songs we here on the radio every day.
    Copenhagen wasn't a festival and the set wasn't short. Even the festivals' shows all short (Werchter was more than 2 hours)
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm