what's your favorite show from the vault?

mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,400
edited August 2015 in The Porch
Just listened to all four vault s in a row. Just wondering what everyone's favorite is.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

what's your favorite show from the vault? 66 votes

Vault 1 Moore Theatre 1/17/92
4%
Zodjeff2040cjzoly 3 votes
Vault 2 The Vic 8/2/07
30%
open68bootlegger10pjpitt89satchoroyaleNAUjackfanhrd2imgnPeasant TentsJP33whichwaysignPA JammerdimitrispearljamGM17961CJ23113branscopRP112579aurelgugusAir23BHealy23scidoopashapasaman 20 votes
Vault 3 Constitution Hall 9/19/98
50%
mcgruff10NewJPage2-feign-reluctancejdopjLedbetterman10Gardenpartypjradioaustinevolution10lolobuggdannypjsteelerfanhinsey21ItIsAllAboutPJalphawolfwmacsonTim SimmonsAP30511Dr.Teeth and the Electric MayhRhinoJamBF89905 33 votes
Vault 4 Bellingham 5/10/00
15%
robbiebrolocopleathermanjavis el erranteDR252979sparky_fryRiotZactthebrigEchoesOnMarsjoe159 10 votes

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    So good!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,400

So good!

yeah buddy!!!!
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,837
    edited August 2015
    I haven't had a chance to properly sit with 4 yet, so no vote. I do love 1 and 3 about equally.

Gloria Steinem might give 3 a slight edge.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, I don't think Vault 4 has sunk in enough yet for me to say. I know that I love 2, 3, and 4 a lot... The Bellingham show is definitely interesting... Eddie is so fucking pissy, lol. He gets so mad about a fan asking how he is and then apologizes later, it's hilarious. Vault 3 is fantastic of course. I love the Vic Theatre one too, though since I can only listen to it on mp3, I don't feel like I've had the full experience on that one. But the setlist is rather unusual, and I like that. I honestly can't even remember Vault 1.... I'm not even sure I've heard it. But I do know that I'm not a particular fan of the really early boots just because of the lack of variety. They just didn't have a big enough catalog in 1992.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Vault 4 Bellingham 5/10/00
    If vault 4 would have included Dead Man, it would easily be the best
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

See I thought vault 4 was bad. Terrible choice as a vault release.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Vault 1 is amazing. Great mix and great set. Youthful PJ energy!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,131
    Vault 2 The Vic 8/2/07
    i love this..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    And she knew everything....
    mcgruff10 said:

How come?
    I really like it a lot (of course, Binaural is my favourite album, so that probably has something to do with it).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Vault 2 The Vic 8/2/07
    Maybe because I was there, but the Vic had a "what the hell was that?" setlist. It wasn't the best setlist and the show didn't have the best flow to it, but man that was a great time.

I haven't listened to the other shows yet which probably means I've moved on but I'm still here.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

How come?
    I really like it a lot (of course, Binaural is my favourite album, so that probably has something to do with it).
    I think people were disappointed because we already have 72 boots from the Binaural tour, and the Bellingham show was already widely available. I for one was hoping for something we've never heard before from this supposed vast collection of shows in the vault.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

RS151862 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

How come?
    I think people were disappointed because we already have 72 boots from the Binaural tour, and the Bellingham show was already widely available. I for one was hoping for something we've never heard before from this supposed vast collection of shows in the vault.
    Fair enough I guess. I am not a big boot collector, so what was available already is a non-factor for me.
    Be happy for me at least. I love it. ;)
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    I would agree, Bellingham was a little less impressive as Binaural era boots are widely available. They had also aired the show on PJ radio so there was a soundboard boot of the show circulating long before it came out as a vault release.

On the other hand I would of loved to have seen a release from the show that was the very next day. The commodore show in Vancouver. I was at that one, and it's the only time I've seen them play in a bar. I would love to get a soundboard of that show. I agree, Vault's are much more interesting when they're from shows that don't already have soundboard boots circulating. If vaults need to be from the official bootlegs era I'd still love to see the '02 Seattle shows get some love, or anything from the '04 tour.
    I'm thinking the band probably wants to reach a wider audience than just the people who have heard every single boot in existence though.... right?
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    PJ_Soul said:

RS151862 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

How come?
    Fair enough I guess. I am not a big boot collector, so what was available already is a non-factor for me.
    I have always live by the motto "If PJ Soul ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". So I'm glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully vault 6 bring us a gem from the Pacific leg of the Vitalogy tour. Or an entire box set.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• Vault 2 The Vic 8/2/07
    i hope in the future ill vote the option needs to be done from vaulkt..
    MSG 2 - 1998
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    RS151862 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RS151862 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

How come?
    I have always live by the motto "If PJ Soul ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". So I'm glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully vault 6 bring us a gem from the Pacific leg of the Vitalogy tour. Or an entire box set.
    Golly, thanks man. ;)

I am hoping for Santa Barbara 2006 for Vault 6 myself.
    But honestly, I will be happy with literally anything. I love having full shows on a really nice vinyl set, and as far as I'm concerned PJ doesn't really have any shows that I wouldn't want to spin.
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

How come?
    I just thought it was an average show. Nothing really stands out from it. A little sloppy... I can't recall anyone ever saying that it was one of their favorite boots or shows....heck I never heard it as a top twenty from that tour.
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

How come?
    I just thought it was an average show. Nothing really stands out from it. A little sloppy... I can't recall anyone ever saying that it was one of their favorite boots or shows....heck I never heard it as a top twenty from that tour.
    Fair enough... i am a fan because they play Binaural in its entirety and it was the first time performance for every song on that album.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm thinking the band probably wants to reach a wider audience than just the people who have heard every single boot in existence though.... right?

lol.. they only sell them in the pearljam.com online store. That seems to target a very specific audience :)
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited September 2015
    Vault 6 MUST be a 1995/1996 show... It's a MUST as M Stipe would say.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• I recently gave 4 a deeper listen and even though I didn't think I'd like it I have to say I really liked it.

I'm not too excited for 5, but have all my fingers and toes crossed for a 95 96 or 98 show for vault 6.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Great show....makes me wish I went to college in 98 every single time I listen to it!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    I m surprised there's not a lot of love for vault 1. Maybe because a lot of people don't have it?
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,837
    ^^^Eddie's animal rights rants are pretty great.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    mcgruff10 said:

I m surprised there's not a lot of love for vault 1. Maybe because a lot of people don't have it?

Yep, time to bring it to the masses on vinyl!
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    mcgruff10 said:

I have it, but I have honestly not listened to it since the drive back from PJ20

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

I have it, but I have honestly not listened to it since the drive back from PJ20
    I think you should send it my way if you don t want it. ;) All I have is a copy.
    Zod said:

PJ_Soul said:

lol.. they only sell them in the pearljam.com online store. That seems to target a very specific audience :)
    We don't all listen to every boot. ;) Aren't there something like 300,000 members? That's not that specific an audience.