Options

Police Officer Killed while Pumping Gas in Houston

2»

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    mickeyrat said:

this is cowardly and shameful. throw the shooter in prison and never talk about him again.

i am not getting my panties in a twist because it was a cop that died. he was a person. wearing a badge does not make his life worth any more than anybody elses.

another gun death in america.

yawn.

I understand the concept and I'm not saying a cops life is any more valuable than ours. And the yawn is definitely understandable. But the reason this made news was because it's a cop. The fact that people are so willing to kill cops these days is the scary part.
    21 nationwide in 8 months.
    I have no clue if that is up or down. 4 in the last 2 weeks.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,906
    Down. Last year saw a spike. Steady decline since the 70's.

Whats different though is the ambush murders.

Most of the cops died in performance of duties.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

actually the number cops killed in the line of duty (i.e. murdered) is down from last year which saw a spike. Been a downward treand for several decades now. Any are too many but it is a positive?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/06/30/fewer-police-officers-shot-and-killed-over-first-half-of-2015-than-2014/

another article says that a quarter of the cops that have been killed are in lousiana.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/08/27/nearly-a-quarter-of-the-police-officers-shot-and-killed-this-year-have-been-in-louisiana/

Here last12exit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

actually the number cops killed in the line of duty (i.e. murdered) is down from last year which saw a spike. Been a downward treand for several decades now. Any are too many but it is a positive?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/06/30/fewer-police-officers-shot-and-killed-over-first-half-of-2015-than-2014/

another article says that a quarter of the cops that have been killed are in lousiana.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/08/27/nearly-a-quarter-of-the-police-officers-shot-and-killed-this-year-have-been-in-louisiana/

Here last12exit.
    Yea, my bad. I did click on that a couple of days ago.
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

Here last12exit.
    Seems shitty to say but dying in the line of duty is easier to take than ambush murder?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

Here last12exit.
    Seems shitty to say but dying in the line of duty is easier to take than ambush murder?
    I don't think it's shitty. It is easier to swallow when a cop is killed protecting the public. It makes us feel like it was worth something. It makes zero sense for a cop to be killed while pumping gas. It's a waste.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    i am sorry everyone. my last couple of comments were things i probably should have kept to myself. i don't believe in editing my posts, so if you guys are offended i apologize.

kinda losing my shit with all of these gun murders lately. tired of talking about it. tired of hearing about it. tired of seeing my friends at each other's throats over it. it is never going to stop and it is never going to change. i just have to accept that.

right now i need to go outside for awhile.

carry on.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

this is cowardly and shameful. throw the shooter in prison and never talk about him again.

i am not getting my panties in a twist because it was a cop that died. he was a person. wearing a badge does not make his life worth any more than anybody elses.

yawn.

I know you eased off there and I'm not trying to drag you back in... but on your one assertion here... I'd like to say that a cop's life is definitely more valuable than some shit criminal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited September 2015

yawn.

I know you eased off there and I'm not trying to drag you back in... but on your one assertion here... I'd like to say that a cop's life is definitely more valuable than some shit criminal.
    That's making some HUGE assumptions.
    You are assuming the cop is a good person, just because of his profession, and that a criminal is a bad person.
    Obviously a cop killing criminal is shit, but assuming Wilson is a better person than Brown is way too assumptive.
    You don't know what a cop does in or out of uniform. He might be a wife beating piece of scum. (odds are higher than in the general public) They might abuse and or neglect their children, might be racist, might abuse people on duty. They might lie and cheat, even steal. It is almost certain that they witness sexual or physical abuse on the job and remain silent, or even lie to protect the abusers.

Meanwhile, you don't know what kind of life a shit criminal lives either. The criminal (what's the crime? that's everything that matters here. I assume you only mean the nasty violent criminals, but you paint with a wide brush in this topic) might work their ass off to try to give their kids a chance in life. They might take care of the sick and elderly in their family and always keep their word.
    Lives aren't the sort of commodity that can be easily weighed and valued.

Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

i am sorry everyone. my last couple of comments were things i probably should have kept to myself. i don't believe in editing my posts, so if you guys are offended i apologize.

kinda losing my shit with all of these gun murders lately. tired of talking about it. tired of hearing about it. tired of seeing my friends at each other's throats over it. it is never going to stop and it is never going to change. i just have to accept that.

right now i need to go outside for awhile.

carry on.

Cynical part of me says liberty and freedom received its blood payment in full that day. But its addicted to the payment. Requires more and more as time goes on.

• Options
    rgambs said:

yawn.

That's making some HUGE assumptions.
    You are assuming the cop is a good person, just because of his profession, and that a criminal is a bad person.
    Obviously a cop killing criminal is shit, but assuming Wilson is a better person than Brown is way too assumptive.
    You don't know what a cop does in or out of uniform. He might be a wife beating piece of scum. (odds are higher than in the general public) They might abuse and or neglect their children, might be racist, might abuse people on duty. They might lie and cheat, even steal. It is almost certain that they witness sexual or physical abuse on the job and remain silent, or even lie to protect the abusers.

Meanwhile, you don't know what kind of life a shit criminal lives either. The criminal (what's the crime? that's everything that matters here. I assume you only mean the nasty violent criminals, but you paint with a wide brush in this topic) might work their ass off to try to give their kids a chance in life. They might take care of the sick and elderly in their family and always keep their word.
    Lives aren't the sort of commodity that can be easily weighed and valued.

There are going to be exceptions of course.

But in general... if someone makes a habit of making victims of crime... a cop's life is INFINITELY greater.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

yawn.

Boom!!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181

yawn.

matter of opinion i suppose.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

yawn.

matter of opinion i suppose.
    Yah. I guess so.