Weird Questions in the Middle of the Night

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I should've made that a poll. :tongue:
    :plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Alright, peeps....blame Brian (and weed). :wink:
    If I can figure out/remember how to do this. 
    Alright, peeps....blame Brian (and weed). :wink:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEDZ_Ymk1Cw

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Why is it always the one place in the middle of your back that itches like crazy when you can find the back scratcher? 
    Only one thing you can do...

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    New?????..nice..and here you go!!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Well, OK, I know it's not the middle of the night, but this is one of those questions that simply cries out to be answered:

If you could place an empty sphere in the exact center of the earth, a sphere that contained normal air at room temperature, and in the exact center of  that sphere if you were to place a perfectly symmetrical, perfectly balanced, spherical marble, would that marble float due to the forces of equal gravity upon it or would it compress under the weight of that gravity until it simply exploded and if so, what would the effect of that explosion be on the planet itself?  Or what other possibilities did I miss?

These are the kinds of questions I need to know the answer to!

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Brian, I think you've finally lost your marbles.
    Hobbes said:
    Brian, I think you've finally lost your marbles.
    Just one, Hobbes, and wouldn't you know it, it's all the way down there in the middle of the planet.  :frowning:

I know what makes me a Stoner. But what makes me a Rogue Stoner? :pensive:
    I looked up the dictionary definition:

1. a dishonest or unprincipled man.

Nahhh, you're too cool for that.

an elephant or other large wild animal driven away or living apart from the herd and having savage or destructive tendencies.

I think we're on to something.  That definition sounds bad but really, the rogue animals are important!  I had a roommate many years ago, brilliant and crazy kind of guy,  who came running into the house laughing and screaming at the same time yelling, "You guys!  Holy shit!  I just saw pink elephants running down on Geary Street!" 

Had we thought of it, we would have said, "No, Arnold, it's OK, YOU are a Rogue Stoner, not the elephants!"

brianlux said:

2.  an elephant or other large wild animal driven away or living apart from the herd and having savage or destructive tendencies.

I think we're on to something.  That definition sounds bad but really, the rogue animals are important!  I had a roommate many years ago, brilliant and crazy kind of guy,  who came running into the house laughing and screaming at the same time yelling, "You guys!  Holy shit!  I just saw pink elephants running down on Geary Street!" 

Had we thought of it, we would have said, "No, Arnold, it's OK, YOU are a Rogue Stoner, not the elephants!"
    :rofl:
    I don't know about the "large" part of that but the wild, savage animal is fairly accurate. :lol:
    brianlux said:

2.  an elephant or other large wild animal driven away or living apart from the herd and having savage or destructive tendencies.

:rofl:
    I don't know about the "large" part of that but the wild, savage animal is fairly accurate. :lol:
    Average in size, above average in wild and savage.  Perfect!   :plus_one:

Here's a good one my step daughter asked: 
    "What are pine cones made of?  Is it wood?  Is it something else?  What are they made of?"

Well, once again it is not the middle of the night, but a pressing question has come to mind based on a statement I read recently that says there is more bacteria in your mouth than in your anus.  No way, said I! 

But I had to know.  So I looked it up on line.

Oh my GOD!  AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

brianlux said:
    Well, once again it is not the middle of the night, but a pressing question has come to mind based on a statement I read recently that says there is more bacteria in your mouth than in your anus.  No way, said I! 

Well don’t leave us hanging! Do tell! :open_mouth:
    Believe me, if I could google something right now, I would. 
    Let;s just say this.  Science is rarely wrong about these things.  It's true! 
    But in any case, I'm still not parking my gum up the old dirt road.  :lol:

brianlux said:
    Let;s just say this.  Science is rarely wrong about these things.  It's true! 
    But in any case, I'm still not parking my gum up the old dirt road.  :lol:
    Them dirt roads can be bumpy, I hear! :rofl:
  • Not a question, but a strange coincidence...

I just moved to Florida recently, saw the Melvins just announced a tour and wanted to see if they'd be stopping anywhere in FL. Anyways just read the tour dates and most importantly the tracklist below...mind blown...lol
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Not a question, but a strange coincidence...

I just moved to Florida recently, saw the Melvins just announced a tour and wanted to see if they'd be stopping anywhere in FL. Anyways just read the tour dates and most importantly the tracklist below...mind blown...lol

#stopmovingtoflorida 
    ;)
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2018
    brianlux said:

:) I’ve read that we have about 1 kg bacteria’s in our colons/intestines, and they have very important work to do.

Post edited by Annafalk on
    Annafalk said:
    brianlux said:

:) I’ve read that we have about 1 kg bacteria’s in our colons/intestines, and they have very important work to do.

A kilo! Wow!

I've read the same about our skin.  We have about one thousand species of bacteria on our skin working to keep us alive.  Long live the germs, lol!

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    Back to original question, I wake up often during the night, and I dream all night long, bizarre dreams, so I usually question, WTF was that all about?  Where the F did that come from?  Boil it down, my question is, how does it feel like I live a second life while I sleep but I manage to feel rested the next day?  
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    If humans were somehow wiped out in one fell swoop, would cows be capable of returning to a feral state? Guess it applies to all domesticated animals as well, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    If humans were somehow wiped out in one fell swoop, would cows be capable of returning to a feral state? Guess it applies to all domesticated animals as well, lol.
    Good question.  My SWAG (scientific wild-ass guess) is that dogs would go wild quickly and eat a lot of beef.  Big cats might return and have their share of steaks.  Commercial raised bison herds might make of go of it if they could knock down some fencing.  But generally, I think cows would have a rough go of it!

My question tonight is, "What would it be like to live in a converted boiler?"  (See Steinbeck's Cannery Row and Sweet Thursday for clues.)

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I'm generally lying there wondering how much time I have left on this planet and wondering what sort of shit I need to do to prepare myself for when I check out. In reality, the answer is nothing, because there's no one going to take it out on me because I won't be around anymore. Sorry to bring the mood down like this but these are the sort of things that really keep me awake during the night, these kind of depressive thoughts. Anyway, maybe in my next post I will discuss the various diseases that I worry I have multiple times throughout the night. Help me God.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    I'm generally lying there wondering how much time I have left on this planet and wondering what sort of shit I need to do to prepare myself for when I check out. In reality, the answer is nothing, because there's no one going to take it out on me because I won't be around anymore. Sorry to bring the mood down like this but these are the sort of things that really keep me awake during the night, these kind of depressive thoughts. Anyway, maybe in my next post I will discuss the various diseases that I worry I have multiple times throughout the night. Help me God.
    Some heavy night thoughts there, Conor.  I've done the same at time but try to remind myself to make the most each day I'm here.  Wishing you well.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    My simple thoughts about dying...
    Sometimes I long for it
    But mostly I don’t
    I’m too occupied with living
    That is why we are here
    To live
    Death will come sooner or later
    I’m hoping for later
    Much later 
    Annafalk said:
    My simple thoughts about dying...
    Sometimes I long for it
    But mostly I don’t
    I’m too occupied with living
    That is why we are here
    To live
    Death will come sooner or later
    I’m hoping for later
    Much later 
    Live long and prosper, Annafalk.  :smile: