Options

Weird Questions in the Middle of the Night

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,680

When snow melts where does the white go?

haha! Good one!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    If rain, fog, snow, and Ice are all regenerated by cycles of the earth, isn't that recycled water?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I often wake up and wonder how long it will take me to fall back asleep again.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    if i don't get up and pee now and hold it, how much pain will i be in and how badly will i have to go when i wake up in the morning?
  • Options
    OK, so it's not the middle of the night (maybe in Saigon, dunno) but anyway, here's a weird question. I'm sitting here doing some work and all of the sudden I smell cigar smoke. Nobody in this house or anywhere near us smokes cigars and the anyway the place is closed up. There isn't a cigar with 200 yards of this place. So whats with that? Can you have an olfactory hallucination and if so, what is it called and will it stunt my growth, change my hair color or make me more forgetful?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    My boss always says if you smell burnt toast (and there is none around) it's a sign you're having a stroke..... But cigar smoke, totally different!! :)
  • Options

My boss always says if you smell burnt toast (and there is none around) it's a sign you're having a stroke..... But cigar smoke, totally different!! :)

Maybe a stroke of luck? Or better yet, a stroke of genius! (I know, nice try, haha!)

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^^^ Stroke of insight, maybe? :)
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

What was your name again?

:lol:
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    a sentence can mean a thousand things if your not on the same page and have a good imagination, so why are people not so clear anymore
  • Options
    When we forget something, where does that thought go? And what causes it to 'poof' like that?
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

When we forget something, where does that thought go? And what causes it to 'poof' like that?

Haven't you seen the movie "Inside out" ? I got many questions answered in that movie...
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Annafalk said:

Haven't you seen the movie "Inside out" ? I got many questions answered in that movie...
    have to watch that movie now..
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    JWPearl said:

Annafalk said:

have to watch that movie now..
    I meant it with a glimpse in the eye ;) but I like the movie. :)
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

Hahahaha!! Love that movie.. the cat in the ending credits makes me kaugh every time. I want to own that one.. and Home too. Yeah.. I'm a sucker for cute kids movies!
  • Options
    Now granted it's not night yet.  It's not even dark, however...

I was thinking about h'orderves otherwise known as appetizers.  Now, the purpose of these little edibles in to whet the appetite, right?  So what if you ordered appetizers and they whetted your appetite but they were so good you said, "Gimme another one of those!"?  And what if the second helping whetted your appetite and they were still so good you ordered another?  And then another.  And then... you get my drift.

Damn things could kill someone.  No more appetizers for me.  Screw that, I'm heading straight to the main course!

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Appetizers can be the main course.  Food's food.

Just like breakfast can be dinner, vice versa, etc...

(it's all state of mind - and palate)
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Appetizers can be the main course.  Food's food.

Just like breakfast can be dinner, vice versa, etc...

(it's all state of mind - and palate)
    Pancakes for dinner?  You bet!

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Who lights the stars at night? (Hm, I actually know the answer to this one)
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    brianlux said:
    When snow melts where does the white go?
    haha! Good one!!
    Water is a colorless liquid and snow is a crystallized form of water. The white seen is formed from light reflecting off the edges of the crystals. Liquid water does not reflect light in the way that snow crystals do, and thus does not appear white.  Liquid water can refract light, however, and show other visible parts of the light spectrum. (This is why the oceans appear blue from space.)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    edited June 2017
    In the middle of the night, I wonder if Billy Joel really goes walking in his sleep.
  • Options
    If I were to invent a non-reverse imaging mirror and give one to a friend would that cause the person have a personality crisis?

• Options
    What would a chair look like if our knees bent the other way?
  • Options
    What would a chair look like if our knees bent the other way?

• Options
    I wonder how many people read my posts/texts and instantly think WTF???
  • Options
    If there is a God...how strong is his/her microscope?
  • Options
    What the fuck, RogueStoner?

• Options
    ^^^That wasn't intentional. That really is how my mind actually works...jumping from one track to another. My husband is accepting condolences. :giggle:
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    What the fuck, RogueStoner?
    :lol:
  • Options
    I should've made that a poll. :tongue: