edited September 2016
    Jack Irons
    Reason why there is still a Pearl Jam....then Matt second for continuing it

No Code & Yield...cant beat that one, two punch
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Jack Irons
    saw an article that stated that Jack will be opening up for the Chili Peppers on some of their US dates.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,011
    Matt Cameron
    FoxyRedLa said:

Matt fucking Cameron! :rock_on:

MFC
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 416
    Jack Irons
    I can't believe so many people can't get over Dave A. He made no difference to this band whatsoever. Vs and Vitalogy would have happened with or without him. Could anyone really imagine that guy drumming for the guys today? Google him, he looks ridiculous like he's never grown from 1992.

Jack is my favorite just because he was so important to the necessary evolution and transition of this band to make them last. No Code and Yield would not be as unique and special without Jack.

However, Matt is probably one of (if not the) best live drummer going today. He's fit right in with the rest of the group since 1998 and I wouldn't want them with another drummer other than him. Matt belongs with Pearl Jam, he's the man!

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Jack Irons
    Irons, of course.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Matt Cameron.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,601
    edited September 2016
    Matt Cameron
    MFC
    but some say that No code and Yield can't beat..is it Matt's blame that the next albums aren't so good??..i don't think so..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Jack Irons
    pjalive21 said:

Reason why there is still a Pearl Jam....then Matt second for continuing it

No Code & Yield...cant beat that one, two punch

True, but Cameron is the reason for the 3+ hour shows...
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Dave Abbruzzese
    Some good discussion here too http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/256861/this-dave-a-quote/p1
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    I love Dave A's technique and sound. Matt is a powerhouse. So too hard for me....but if forced to choose I would go with Matt.
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911
    impossible to say. all of those drummers were in the band at very different creative times for the band. it's impossible to say whether things would have taken a different creative approach. would No Code have existed with Dave A? Would Ten have been the same with Jack? Or Matt? I do love Matt's songs, but I also really liked the couple that Dave A wrote. Jack's? cool but in a weird way. not a coincidence they have never played Jack's songs live.

All I know is, as someone else pointed out, the only one we know that can handle a 3 hour show is Matt. the way Dave A hits, his arms would have fallen off. he would have had to adjust his entire playing style to suit the band's marathon shows.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Jack Irons
    saw this on AET for Dave A. fans

https://davidabbruzzese.bandcamp.com/track/1st-stage-funding
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    edited September 2016
    Jack Irons
    THIS:
    mcgruff10 said:

My favorite shows are 95-96 and my favorite albums of all time are no code and yield. Mr jack irons is the winner!

...and THIS:
    calvo17 said:

Surprised to see Matt winning by such margin... Dave has always been number one for me. But recently I have been listening to a lot of 95-96 shows and man, was Jack amazing live. That groove! I liked Matt in 98 & 00. After that I think he sounds flat & lazy. But as some of you have said I'm grateful that he saved the life of the band. So I love them all in a different way, but Dave was the man. If Matt could only slow down (Even Flow!!!)and go back to his 98 sound...

...and THIS:

Studio - Jack Irons
    Their most creative period was No Code/Yield.

Live - Dave Abbruzzese
    Their best live period was with Dave. And most volatile since his and Ed's personalities clashed.

Matt Cameron belongs in Soundgarden. I didn't realize that until I finally got to see them live when they got back together.

Here's how I put it:

Dave K. was the first. Brought us the heavy grooves on Ten.
    Dave A. was the most powerful. Elevated the songs on Ten to a whole other level.
    Jack Irons was my favorite. His creativity and groove took this band to a place no other drummer would have.
    Matt Cameron is the most skilled. His technical ability, consistency, and professionalism are a big part of this band now.

All of them have influenced me to a great degree.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)