GISHWHES?

Anyone here taking part in GISHWHES or had any experience of it in the past? I'd like to give it a lash but fear I'm too much of a self-conscious wimp :)

https://www.gishwhes.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Am5WFvNcIo

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Looks like a blast, you should go for it.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    It'd be easier if I had someone in Dublin to do things with but it looks like I'll have to be adopted by an international team. I'll see if I can find one who'll take me as I am and have suitably low expectations!
    Well I hope you give it a shot, and we'll all be here to help if we can.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

Well I hope you give it a shot, and we'll all be here to help if we can.

Thanks, much appreciated :)
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Yes! Jenny do this! It looks like a blast, and I think you'll have a great time, as well as meet some interesting people. If nothing else, you will have a story to tell us at the end.
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I think it sounds like an amazing adventure you should definitely do it!!! :) good luck!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    I think I'm going to do it, just hope I'll be able to make a worthwhile contribution :)

Be cool if I could find some other PJ fans doing it...
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I have never heard of this, but it does sound like fun!

Would you be in it to try to win? Or just to have fun and do 1 or 2 tasks really well?

I might be interested...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    Oh I would have no expectation of winning and clearly any team who accepts me has equally little ambition :) Would just like to have a go really, maybe try be a little more adventurous than I usually am!
  • That looks amazing!!! Never had heard of this before but it looks super cool! :) Are you going to do it?
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

I think I'm going to do it, just hope I'll be able to make a worthwhile contribution :)

Be cool if I could find some other PJ fans doing it...

Never heard of this???but ur looks fun!! I'm glad you decided to go do this!! We will all be cheering you on from here!
    Thanks a mill! I'm signing up as we speak and have found myself a team :)
    Yay! Glad to hear you are doing this and that you have a team already. When does this start?
    ELITIST FUK

Thanks a mill! I'm signing up as we speak and have found myself a team :)

Yay, let us know if there is a link to follow you and your team. It would be great to follow along. :)

It begins on 1st August and runs for a week. Our team is called MisguidedHitchhiker, will keep you all updated :) I may come seeking advice too haha
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Oh, you would get plenty of advice, most of it useless or downright dangerous, but we will all have a great time following you on this :smirk:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited July 2015
    If anyone would like to join us there are still 2 spots left on our team :)
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
    So we're all set to start hunting this Saturday, for those of you who might be curious here's last year's list of hunt items

http://almaasi.tumblr.com/post/93619095170/gishwhes-2014-list-of-items
  • Some of those are crazy and sound like so much fun!! Can't wait to see you and your team doing this year's list (can't even imagine having to come up with a new list like this every year :open_mouth: )
    Good luck (and keep us posted :wink: )!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
    Feeling a slightly uncomfortable mixture of excited and terrified as the hunt approaches haha
    Jenny, it looks like a blast. You are going to have fun. Don't be terrified--we're here, cheering you on. Keep us posted, please.
    ELITIST FUK
    I'm excited to see how this unfolds, it looks crazy but oh so fun. I won't be around for the first few days of your challenge but I will be cheering you on from the back country of BC.

Well the list has been released, cue major panic!

Can anyone help me with this one?

133. VIDEO. This is a real Welsh word: "Llanfaurpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch." Find a Welsh person and have them say in Welsh "I am Welsh and I hate that I have to do this," and then they must say the lengthy word 3 times, without stuttering and without reading it.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Whoa. That can't be real.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    Believe me, it can. I studied Welsh for a year haha
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Yikes.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    edited August 2015
    Got that item done, thanks to a PJ fan :)

Now going to attempt to compose a story using only the abbreviations on the periodic table of elements....
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
    ^^ Good luck! When you get it done, can we read it?
    I haven't even managed to begin it, didn't know where to even start :( Tried working on some other items instead
    Do the words that you write have to start with the abbreviations? (i.e. Na = Nail) Or, do you have to write one word for each letter? (i.e. Na = Not again) Does it have to be in order of the periodic table as given?

So many questions! I'm curious.