Options

I have no patience for................

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    deadendp said:

Mrs. Empty

The wifey here has hit my last nerve for now as well. I make myself a nice proterin shake every morning and to be nice I make her one as well. I may spike hers with a little vodka this morning as I can't take another psycho day from her. I would just spike mine but I have some things to do before getting hammered. So hers it is. Are all women mentally unstable or is it just my wife?
    Given stress going on in the family with grandpa's death, that may be a trigger. Don't know the wife, but hoping today is better for the two of you.
    Add to this^^, heat and/or humidity, possible cramps, bloating, and hormones and you have yourself a molotov cocktail of emotions. I'm sorry she's grinding on your last nerve, but I am equally compassionate for what she is going through. Maybe pick her up a sweet treat, one that she loves but does not indulge in frequently. It won't last forever.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Ohhhh man do I want to make a joke about women spitting but I will hold off. Wrong thread for that one.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    People who don't put their shopping carts away after bringing their groceries/goods the car. So fucking lazy
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    deadendp said:

Chew spitters at concerts:

There was a couple who sat in front of my husband and me last night. The girl was tramp stamped with dermal rhinestone studs at either end of said tattoo, along with a host of other poorly crafted ink now permanently a part of her outer shell. Her gentleman dude was a tall guy. He seemed like he was too tall for the seat. Kind of slouched down. Foot out in the aisle way kind of guy . She put her arm around the back of him and had my capped bottle of water all shoved up into the upper part of her upper arm. I tapped on her tattooedness, "Um, may I please get my water bottle out from under your arm?" She apologized. Told me that I could leave it there. Um, no thank you.

Then it started to happen. Her companion is a chewer and he started spitting. They were in front of me for probably an hour and a half and he spit about every 15-30 seconds, in between taking swigs of his Lite beer. (Gag.) I was ready to explode. It was nasty. My husband had been in and out to see other bands on the second state during stage set. I texted, "Buy yourself another bottle of water. This dude has his hand all over your bottle and you may not drink it." Again, capless and while I'm sure that it was accidental, um-- gross.

During the end of the King Diamond's overly long and horrible set (he was as bad as I suspected), my husband knew that I was ready to explode on the spitter. He sent me to the bathroom. I came back and found that the spitter spit his whole used pile of chew next to and under his chair. GROSS! Thank God I wasn't there when it happened.

So boys (and I'm being sexist since I know women can do it but I've only known men to do it), be discrete if that is what you choose to do. I won't be shy in saying that it is an absolute disgusting habit and the spitting in public is just beyond disgusting.

It's better than breathing smoke all night, isn't it?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

There was a couple who sat in front of my husband and me last night. The girl was tramp stamped with dermal rhinestone studs at either end of said tattoo, along with a host of other poorly crafted ink now permanently a part of her outer shell. Her gentleman dude was a tall guy. He seemed like he was too tall for the seat. Kind of slouched down. Foot out in the aisle way kind of guy . She put her arm around the back of him and had my capped bottle of water all shoved up into the upper part of her upper arm. I tapped on her tattooedness, "Um, may I please get my water bottle out from under your arm?" She apologized. Told me that I could leave it there. Um, no thank you.

Then it started to happen. Her companion is a chewer and he started spitting. They were in front of me for probably an hour and a half and he spit about every 15-30 seconds, in between taking swigs of his Lite beer. (Gag.) I was ready to explode. It was nasty. My husband had been in and out to see other bands on the second state during stage set. I texted, "Buy yourself another bottle of water. This dude has his hand all over your bottle and you may not drink it." Again, capless and while I'm sure that it was accidental, um-- gross.

During the end of the King Diamond's overly long and horrible set (he was as bad as I suspected), my husband knew that I was ready to explode on the spitter. He sent me to the bathroom. I came back and found that the spitter spit his whole used pile of chew next to and under his chair. GROSS! Thank God I wasn't there when it happened.

So boys (and I'm being sexist since I know women can do it but I've only known men to do it), be discrete if that is what you choose to do. I won't be shy in saying that it is an absolute disgusting habit and the spitting in public is just beyond disgusting.

It's better than breathing smoke all night, isn't it?
    Oh, we had that, too. The security kept running through and directing them to a place to smoke. There was also some stinky ass pot burning, too. If the stuff had a different smell . . .

NO. It is not better than smoke. I'll take the smoke in an outdoor pavilion over watching the person in front of me spit every 15-30 seconds for about an hour and a half. It was disgusting.
    SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

Mrs. Empty

The wifey here has hit my last nerve for now as well. I make myself a nice proterin shake every morning and to be nice I make her one as well. I may spike hers with a little vodka this morning as I can't take another psycho day from her. I would just spike mine but I have some things to do before getting hammered. So hers it is. Are all women mentally unstable or is it just my wife?
    Given stress going on in the family with grandpa's death, that may be a trigger. Don't know the wife, but hoping today is better for the two of you.
    Add to this^^, heat and/or humidity, possible cramps, bloating, and hormones and you have yourself a molotov cocktail of emotions.
    And I thought you were talking about me in the beginning part of that! I read on. :i_dunno: It sounded like me yesterday . . .
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,526
    jervin007 said:

People who don't put their shopping carts away after bringing their groceries/goods the car. So fucking lazy

I may need that shifty guy smiley...I at least park it somewhere it won't roll :shifty:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I chewed for 30 years but was a swallower.

there you go.....all teed up for you.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Fore! (skin?)

deadend, that was a great description. Bravo on your self-control.

And jervin, yes! Takes an extra 30 seconds, fer chrissakes.
  • Options
    imalive said:

deadendp said:

I spitted for 30 years but am now a swallower.

Fixed
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,810
    P
    imalive said:

jervin007 said:

I may need that shifty guy smiley...I at least park it somewhere it won't roll :shifty:

You mean in that parking spot someone else would like to use, no excuse Swallower, no excuse!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

imalive said:

deadendp said:

I spitted for 30 years but am now a swallower.

Fixed
    you're such an.....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

P

imalive said:

jervin007 said:

You mean in that parking spot someone else would like to use, no excuse Swallower, no excuse!
    no, like at home depot, I plop the front wheels into the planter. I' m good :triumph:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,841
    I have no patience for idiots riding jet skis who buzz too close to people on paddle boards. It's a big lake, and we can already see that you are so much faster, louder and cooler without you having to display it up close. Are you trying to intimidate me, or knock me off the board with your wake? You're going to fail in those endeavours.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

I have no patience for idiots riding jet skis who buzz too close to people on paddle boards. It's a big lake, and we can already see that you are so much faster, louder and cooler without you having to display it up close. Are you trying to intimidate me, or knock me off the board with your wake? You're going to fail in those endeavours.

Are you up at Shawnigan Lake? I loved going there in the summers when I was a kid.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,841

Are you up at Shawnigan Lake? I loved going there in the summers when I was a kid.
    No, I'm actually in Osoyoos this week with family. Next week is my cycle trip from Rock Creek to Penticton. I agree that Shawnigan Lake is also nice.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited July 2015
    ldent42 said:

The threads that got shut down & got two more people banned which were some kind of response to BB's time out (which I know nothing about, for the record.) Is what I was talking about. I think it was mostly on the porch but it might've been here too. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to which section I'm in.

How come this bothers you so much? Weren't the threads that got closed threads that the banned people started in the first place? So who cares if they got them shut down on purpose? And I'm pretty sure they both knew that they'd get banned.
    jervin007 said:

Even worse, those assholes who actually take their groceries all the way home in them and then just ditch them on the side of the road. Do these losers not realize that they just STOLE an item that costs about $150????
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited July 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

The threads that got shut down & got two more people banned which were some kind of response to BB's time out (which I know nothing about, for the record.) Is what I was talking about. I think it was mostly on the porch but it might've been here too. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to which section I'm in.

How come this bothers you so much? Weren't the threads that got closed threads that the banned people started in the first place? So who cares if they got them shut down on purpose? And I'm pretty sure they both knew that they'd get ba
    jervin007 said:

Even worse, those assholes who actually take their groceries all the way home in them and then just ditch them on the side of the road. Do these losers not realize that they just STOLE an item that costs about $150????
    Cuz it's stupid.grown ass people acting like petulant children is something i find unappealing. I ain't gonna apologize for that. Tbh, I remember exactly nothing about the threads that made me roll my eyes. It wasn't even remotely a deal to me, just stupid.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

How come this bothers you so much? Weren't the threads that got closed threads that the banned people started in the first place? So who cares if they got them shut down on purpose? And I'm pretty sure they both knew that they'd get banned.
    jervin007 said:

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Paradise don't need this worries
    Can you remember in your childhood days as in kindy the house used to be unlocked or the car and it was safer no breaking ins as frequented today
    It won't be body's we will be fighting in Forrest at night but spirits which we can harm with swords of power and from being light you will instinctively feel them coming as well as your own...all you need is love ;)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

jervin007 said:

The Safeway in the...uh...um...ah..."not so desireable" neighborhood has wheel locks on the shopping carts. You can only take the carts so far into the parking lot and then the wheels will lock up rendering the cart useless until the cart is closer to the store.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

jervin007 said:

The Safeway in the...uh...um...ah..."not so desireable" neighborhood has wheel locks on the shopping carts. You can only take the carts so far into the parking lot and then the wheels will lock up rendering the cart useless until the cart is closer to the store.
    The Walmart near me has this, but the Safeway is still keepin' it classy, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Stupid drivers...might be mentioned, but worth mentioning again.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    RKCNDY said:

Stupid drivers...might be mentioned, but worth mentioning again.

I went into deatil on this topic...lol

Might I add Farm Equipment on the road....I was behind some on my way to work this morning....after 15 minute stuck behind them I was finally able to get around them, but OMG, I just have no patience for being stuck behind something moving at 20 miles an hour....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I know it's been mentioned, but people who do ALL their banking at the drive-thru ATM. Either go inside or go to one of the teller lanes (even that's annoying). I just want to get my $60 so I can buy weed and go the hell home.
  • Options

I know it's been mentioned, but people who do ALL their banking at the drive-thru ATM. Either go inside or go to one of the teller lanes (even that's annoying). I just want to get my $60 so I can buy weed and go the hell home.

Damn...you pay $60?!!??!?!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Its 60 for an 1/8th here as well.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    You are all being ripped off. Weed is way cheaper in Canada.

• Options

You are all being ripped off. Weed is way cheaper in Canada.

and in Washington. $60 will get you a lot at the store.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

I pay anywhere from $50 to $80 depending on the strain. I wonder whether it being fully-legal as it is in WA makes a difference?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

I pay anywhere from $50 to $80 depending on the strain. I wonder whether it being fully-legal as it is in WA makes a difference?

$50 - $80 for what? An 1/8?? That would be really pricey for any strain. But if you're talking 1/4 that's normal-within reason.