Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution CD & Vinyl Presale *random splatter vinyl

Comments

• Options
    REDVEDREDVED Posts: 65
    Good old black arrived in ireland,not one for moaning but it does sound poorish
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    got a black one from Easy Street Records.... i was expecting it to sound like shit.
    other than the orchestra not being miked correctly, i thought the record sounded excellent. The Temple of the Dog songs sounded great. if you listen the "rock band" sound then they did a great job. not so much with the orchestra and background singers.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    edited October 2015
    Yes, the orchestra is what sounds bad (murky). That's too bad. I've got enough good recordings of Chris Cornell singing TOTD songs. It's the orchestra that made the show special, so I am disappointed that that's the part that isn't recorded or mastered well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes, the orchestra is what sounds bad (murky). That's too bad. I've got enough good recordings of Chris Cornell singing TOTD songs. It's the orchestra that made the show special, so I am disappointed that that's the part that isn't recorded or mastered well.

that's what i figured from reading the reviews. it takes a professional to properly record an orchestra. they probably had Brett Eliason or whoever that is used to mixing rock bands. i skipped side 1 completely. went straight to the Mad Season tunes. i didn't think the orchestra contributed much at all to River of Deceit.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    Got a Black one today from hhv.de in munich/ Germany. No taxes!!
  • Options
    bruno66 said:

PJ_Soul said:

bruno66 said:

to be honest I couldn't give a flying fart if its black white red splatter or pink with white dots... just wish my copy from amazon uk (ordered from there because of the mad mental postage 10c were wanting) would stop getting feckin delayed!

@bruno66 Sorry to tell you, but you won't be getting it from Amazon. They will eventually cancel your order. 10C already confirmed that they did not distribute to Amazon. Unfortunately, Amazon pulls this move all the time. They simply post the item with no idea if they'll ever get it or not, and then will lead you on for months before finally admitting that they can't fulfill your order. It's one of the reason I will never buy pre-sales from them. If I were you, I'd cancel the order right now and seek the album out elsewhere before they become harder to find.
    Got my notification today... Fingers crossed!!!
    Delivered today... And guess what?????? :-)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    bruno66 said:

bruno66 said:

PJ_Soul said:

bruno66 said:

to be honest I couldn't give a flying fart if its black white red splatter or pink with white dots... just wish my copy from amazon uk (ordered from there because of the mad mental postage 10c were wanting) would stop getting feckin delayed!

@bruno66 Sorry to tell you, but you won't be getting it from Amazon. They will eventually cancel your order. 10C already confirmed that they did not distribute to Amazon. Unfortunately, Amazon pulls this move all the time. They simply post the item with no idea if they'll ever get it or not, and then will lead you on for months before finally admitting that they can't fulfill your order. It's one of the reason I will never buy pre-sales from them. If I were you, I'd cancel the order right now and seek the album out elsewhere before they become harder to find.
    Chicken butt?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    bruno66 said:

bruno66 said:

PJ_Soul said:

bruno66 said:

What? Did you get a red one from a retailer?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    bruno66 said:

bruno66 said:

PJ_Soul said:

bruno66 said:

It's purple???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    Wait for it.........
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

got a black one from Easy Street Records.... i was expecting it to sound like shit.
    other than the orchestra not being miked correctly, i thought the record sounded excellent. The Temple of the Dog songs sounded great. if you listen the "rock band" sound then they did a great job. not so much with the orchestra and background singers.

lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

that's what i figured from reading the reviews. it takes a professional to properly record an orchestra. they probably had Brett Eliason or whoever that is used to mixing rock bands. i skipped side 1 completely. went straight to the Mad Season tunes. i didn't think the orchestra contributed much at all to River of Deceit.
    Yes, I think it sounds a lot better then has been stated in previous reviews. BUT, it most definitely is focused on the "rock band" for the recording and the orchestra seems way back in the mix. Not sure if it is due to the way the orchestra was miked or the way it was mixed.

Still good, but was really looking to hear the way the orchestra could highlight the songs and certain parts.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
  • Options
    On sale now! Mad Season / Seattle Symphony Sonic Evolution Vinyl 2LP lab price: $28.95 http://www.turntablelab.com/products/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-vinyl-2lp
  • Options
    Got mine from 10C in Austria today... Black splatter on black vinyl!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Back in stock! http://www.elusivedisc.com/Mad-Season-Seattle-Symphony-Sonic-Evolution-2LP/productinfo/MWLP76047/ .

There is no way 1000 of these black vinyls were shipped to Think Indie stores across the USA & not sold out yet.
  • Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187
    demetrios said:

There is no way 1000 of these black vinyls were shipped to Think Indie stores across the USA & not sold out yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - is that implying that there are more than 1000 of these in black vinyl or that some of them might be splatters?
  • Options
    smital said:

demetrios said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this - is that implying that there are more than 1000 of these in black vinyl or that some of them might be splatters?
    Not the red splatters. Black vinyl copies that were sold outside the 10club. 1000 black vinyl copies Think Indie distributed to stores in the USA.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5902455/#Comment_5902455

Horse2345 said:

So this is through 10c only? Limited? They said not limited all orders would be filled?

Not sure who "they" might be?
    Mad Season Seattle Symphony Vinyl is available via Ten Club and a limited quantity via ThinkIndie/CIMS stores.
    Live at the Moore Vinyl is a non-exclusive and available everywhere.
    http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/114293-1995-mad-season-live-at-the-moore-theater-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-lp/page-6 .. To some degree, yes. ThinkIndie shipped 1,000 out ..... but I don't think that was all of the pressing.
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Santos said it was only available though 10c and a limited amount distributed through think indie. We know how many think indie had. But 10c could technically supply more stores directly like they do with easy street. But I doubt they do that many places. However our does seem fairly easy to get. So who knows.
  • Options
    kenk said:

Santos said it was only available though 10c and a limited amount distributed through think indie. We know how many think indie had. But 10c could technically supply more stores directly like they do with easy street. But I doubt they do that many places. However our does seem fairly easy to get. So who knows.

As for the splatter records, I have yet heard anyone score one who bought one at their local record store or online that wasn't pre ordered from the 10club store. 10club were the only one's supplied with the red splatter records.

Kinda wished those who did pre ordered with 10club scored a red splatter. 10club only release. While the stores were carrying the red splatter. That 10club enforced 1 vinyl per member. But for this purchase, there was no limit. But you could only purchase 1 vinyl per order. But, there was a no limit on the amount of Symphony / Sonic Evolution orders at the 10club store. I wonder if a 10club member ordered more then 4 copies / orders that scored 2 red splatter records.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Kinda wished those who did pre ordered with 10club scored a red splatter. 10club only release. While the stores were carrying the red splatter. That 10club enforced 1 vinyl per member. But for this purchase, there was no limit. But you could only purchase 1 vinyl per order. But, there was a no limit on the amount of Symphony / Sonic Evolution orders at the 10club store. I wonder if a 10club member ordered more then 4 copies / orders that scored 2 red splatter records.

I ordered 2 copies from 10 Club, one ended up being red splatter, the other black. I guess I got lucky.
  • Options

I ordered 2 copies from 10 Club, one ended up being red splatter, the other black. I guess I got lucky.

I ordered just one. I'm such an idiot. Should of bought 10 copies. If I had known there was a random red splatter release.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    10? Let's not go crazy now, D.
    :)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

10? Let's not go crazy now, D.
    :)

Ok. 11? :p

I totally should of went for 2. Never said in the description it was limited edition or that random orders will include a red splatter record. If I knew & everyone else here too, we would of all pre ordered more then one. Next time. Still ISO a red splatter. Might have to try my luck with the next Vitalogy Foundation eBay listing.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I have to concur that the record sounds poor. Sounds like it was recorded through the ventilation system next door... :-(
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony weekend update! :) The following online stores have a few in stock on this vinyl release.

Music Direct .. http://www.musicdirect.com/p-344892-mad-season-and-the-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-13015-vinyl-2lp.aspx

The Record Exchange .. http://therecordexchange.net/Item/9007662893

Record exchange were the first who would allow shipping to the uk.... And they just cancelled my order.
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options

demetrios said:

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony weekend update! :) The following online stores have a few in stock on this vinyl release.

Music Direct .. http://www.musicdirect.com/p-344892-mad-season-and-the-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-13015-vinyl-2lp.aspx

The Record Exchange .. http://therecordexchange.net/Item/9007662893

Record exchange were the first who would allow shipping to the uk.... And they just cancelled my order.
    These guy's ship to UK too. http://www.turntablelab.com/products/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-vinyl-2lp . But the shipping cost is A LOT! It's shipped by FedEx.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,001
    So did we come to some kind of assumption we can all agree on in regards to how many red splatters there are?
  • Options

So did we come to some kind of assumption we can all agree on in regards to how many red splatters there are?

I think the poll done suggests it couod have been around 15% of 10C sales that were splattered.