Global Citizen Festival - 26th September 2015

2»

Comments

• cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    wall232 said:

cmalisze said:

Does anyone have their e-tickets yet?

I think I read somewhere that no tickets will be available until the beginning of September.
    That is what I thought. I had someone on CraigsList trying to scam me. BE CAREFUL
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    wall232 said:

cmalisze said:

I think I read somewhere that no tickets will be available until the beginning of September.
    True. Not until a couple days before the show. I'd assume to discourage a secondary market from forming...
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    AlaG said:

wall232 said:

cmalisze said:

True. Not until a couple days before the show. I'd assume to discourage a secondary market from forming...
    That's what the GCF website said. It was also said any of the free tickets that were sold potentially could be void and that all secondary market sites agree to not sell the freebies. The VIP could be resold.
  • FunkezFunkez Posts: 133
    I think it is fairly safe to assume PJ is the headlining act, however I can't really follow the critisism of the other acts. Knowing PJ and all they ever stood for, Beyoncé is more than welcome to me at a charity event like this, with her huge work for womens right around the world. The point is not a PJ show, the point is the Global Citizen and awarenes about their work; badmouthing other guests for their musical prefrences is counterproductive at best.
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • MelgmorMelgmor Posts: 22
    Funkez said:

I think it is fairly safe to assume PJ is the headlining act, however I can't really follow the critisism of the other acts. Knowing PJ and all they ever stood for, Beyoncé is more than welcome to me at a charity event like this, with her huge work for womens right around the world. The point is not a PJ show, the point is the Global Citizen and awarenes about their work; badmouthing other guests for their musical prefrences is counterproductive at best.

Well said! It's all about the good times and raising awareness of important human rights issues.
  • odiedragonodiedragon Posts: 206
    The free tickets can be transferred for free (so I've read) on Ticketbastard's website. But any (again, free, not VIP) tickets that are sold, if GC finds out about it, they will void the tickets.

That being said, if anyone has an extra GA ticket they can't use, I'm totally looking for one. My stepdaughter wants to come with my husband and I to the show. :)
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    cmalisze said:

AlaG said:

wall232 said:

cmalisze said:

That's what the GCF website said. It was also said any of the free tickets that were sold potentially could be void and that all secondary market sites agree to not sell the freebies. The VIP could be resold.
    Looks like SH changed its mind on that.