Options

Stupid F*CKING drivers

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Fwiw today is Sunday, & I was nearly killed by several trucks & buses today.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    ldent42 said:

Fwiw today is Sunday, & I was nearly killed by several trucks & buses today.

Kinda like this guy, eh? LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-UGxf5VCA

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lol no human frogger. I guess madzas are just hard to see.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Situation:

I'm first in line. Red light. 2 lanes. I'm in the drive straight lane. Stupid douche teenager next to me in a full clown car - she is in the lane to turn right only. Light turns green. I take off. Stupid douche teenager races me - runs out of space cuz DUH she's not in a lane! Cuts me off. Flips me the bird through the tiny little crack she had open in her window from smoking something. Then slams on her brakes to teach me a lesson. F*CK you. Sure would have been nice had a cop seen that.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    its hard to believe there are crazy drivers like that but i can happen :dumbfounded face here:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    FoxyRedLa said:

Situation:

I'm first in line. Red light. 2 lanes. I'm in the drive straight lane. Stupid douche teenager next to me in a full clown car - she is in the lane to turn right only. Light turns green. I take off. Stupid douche teenager races me - runs out of space cuz DUH she's not in a lane! Cuts me off. Flips me the bird through the tiny little crack she had open in her window from smoking something. Then slams on her brakes to teach me a lesson. F*CK you. Sure would have been nice had a cop seen that.

Happens to my husband almost every morning on his way to work.

And never a cop in sight!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Situation:

a similar thing happened to us coming off the highway. it's a tricky exit cuz it connects one highway to the other first then to the side is the street exit - this douchebag in a beamer (of course) with those insane led ice white lights very nearly sideswiped us to reach that exit only to get stuck behind us at the actual street exit ramp. So he gets all nasty and starts honking like crazy and swerving his car side to side like hes trying to find space in that single lane off ramp to get around her. So suddenly she remember the new Vision Zero 25 mph rule and decides she needs to abide by the speed limit. He's still behind us after we turn at the first light, and I'm about ready to get out the car at 2nd light but then he hides behind the other lane with more cars and we're too far in front of him.

That's another reason why I do not drive. I'd be getting charged with assault once a week! Or possibly just shot.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    FoxyRedLa said:

Situation:

Foxy,next time that happens calmly follow the young beatch to her destination and as she exits her car calmly say when she sees you"sleep tight tonight" And act like your talking to an imaginary friend.She will Think twice about her actions and you will be in her head.Win win
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Since Ive been riding to work for the last 2 months and ride just about everywhere else. I go out of my way to thank drivers who come a stop when I'm riding by on a cross street. I do so with a peace sign, I grateful for there observance of stop signs and not cutting me off. Why because I'm silent and I ride at such high speeds.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Since Ive been riding to work for the last 2 months and ride just about everywhere else. I go out of my way to thank drivers who come a stop when I'm riding by on a cross street. I do so with a peace sign, I grateful for there observance of stop signs and not cutting me off. Why because I'm silent and I ride at such high speeds.

Peace

Be careful G.Palm Beach County roads and drivers,scary shit.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Can I add stupid pedestrians and stupid cyclists?

*mailman decides to randomly jump out from between parked cars into the street without looking, he's sorting the mail as he's wandering into the street. I stop, then he looks up and waves at me, I almost took him out at the knees. Suppose I'd be charged with a federal offence if I hit him.

*the city has spent millions on re striping the roads to make way for bike lanes...I'm walking ON THE SIDEWALK and a cyclist yells "on your left!" and whizzes by...uh, there is a clearly marked bike lane buddy, what the fuck do you think you're doing riding on the sidewalk? If you can't keep up with the cars, get rid of your bike and hoof it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Situation:

Foxy,next time that happens calmly follow the young beatch to her destination and as she exits her car calmly say when she sees you"sleep tight tonight" And act like your talking to an imaginary friend.She will Think twice about her actions and you will be in her head.Win win
    :rofl: - I do have a public image to maintain tho :lol:
    RKCNDY said:

*mailman decides to randomly jump out from between parked cars into the street without looking, he's sorting the mail as he's wandering into the street. I stop, then he looks up and waves at me, I almost took him out at the knees. Suppose I'd be charged with a federal offence if I hit him.

*the city has spent millions on re striping the roads to make way for bike lanes...I'm walking ON THE SIDEWALK and a cyclist yells "on your left!" and whizzes by...uh, there is a clearly marked bike lane buddy, what the fuck do you think you're doing riding on the sidewalk? If you can't keep up with the cars, get rid of your bike and hoof it.

:lol: please do! Let's add in the joggers and dog walkers while we're at it! Grrr!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

That right there makes absolutely no sense at all. Before I take on a new route I recon it to see if they're any bike lanes. If there aren't any I probably won't ride it, down here in S FL most of our roads have bike lanes. I'm so grateful for them and appreciate them cause up north in MD there weren't many. My friends ask why I don't ride on the sidewalk and I tell them its more dangerous there than in bike lanes. More glass, debris and of course pedestrians besides I ride too fast to be on the sidewalk.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Ooh...stupid pedestrians...yes! To the tourists who come to my town: yes, it is "cute" and "quaint," however, you do not need to stop in the middle of the sidewalk while people are trying to get somewhere to make these comments. If you want to take a picture, I will gladly get out of your way, quickly, but the random stopping... :nuh_uh:And stop acting like squirrels in the crosswalks! I have places to be, people.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

g under p said:

Peace

I know that's probably why I ride as fast as I can to get off the roads quickly. I'm riding north on Ocean Blvd in Palm Beach tomorrow morning. I got some new brighter led lights, I'm anxious to try them out on a 20-40 mile ride.

Peace

• Options
    SD48277 said:

Ooh...stupid pedestrians...yes! To the tourists who come to my town: yes, it is "cute" and "quaint," however, you do not need to stop in the middle of the sidewalk while people are trying to get somewhere to make these comments. If you want to take a picture, I will gladly get out of your way, quickly, but the random stopping... :nuh_uh:And stop acting like squirrels in the crosswalks! I have places to be, people.

Squirrels! Bahahhha! Don't double back! :lol:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    And don't forget when Costanza hit a squirrel.

Driving home, some dude in a huge parked SUV flung his door open without looking. Came *this* close to hitting it. Or it hitting me.

This chick's reflexes rock :sunglasses:
  • Options
    hedonist said:

And don't forget when Costanza hit a squirrel.

Driving home, some dude in a huge parked SUV flung his door open without looking. Came *this* close to hitting it. Or it hitting me.

This chick's reflexes rock :sunglasses:

That, I have no doubt.

I love the pouch George carried the squirrel around in when the squirrel was in recovery.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I can't stand pedestrians with death wishes. Like if YOU wanna get hit by a car, that's YOUR business - but if I'M in the car that you decide to step in front of without looking, you're going to inconvenience me, and ain't nobody got time for that.

They've installed "Citibikes" in my area recently. Not near enough to me that I think I'll be affected, but closer than I'd like. Though to be fair, I actually saw a cyclist stop at a red light yesterday. I feel a little bad about the look I must've had on my face. Something like 1 part terror, 1 part suspicion, 2 parts confusion, I'd imagine.
  • Options
    g under p said:

rr165892 said:

g under p said:

Peace

I know that's probably why I ride as fast as I can to get off the roads quickly. I'm riding north on Ocean Blvd in Palm Beach tomorrow morning. I got some new brighter led lights, I'm anxious to try them out on a 20-40 mile ride.

Peace

Nice,you taking it north to the pump house then back down the west side of the island?
    Jupiter Island is also a nice ride on bike I hear.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    People on their damn cell phones while driving.
    IT CAN FUCKING WAIT!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Make-up? That's what the mirror at home is for.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

g under p said:

rr165892 said:

g under p said:

Peace

Peace

Nice,you taking it north to the pump house then back down the west side of the island?
    I made it back safely and in one piece. Beautiful out there started at 6:00 and was all done by 9:30 (to beat the heat) put the bike in my truck and took a nice swim in the ocean. Nothing like sweat salt mixed with ocean salt then some sun to bake that recipe. Then home for a nap....time for a movie maybe that Compton flick.

Peace everybody

• Options
    g under p said:

rr165892 said:

g under p said:

rr165892 said:

g under p said:

Peace

Peace

I made it back safely and in one piece. Beautiful out there started at 6:00 and was all done by 9:30 (to beat the heat) put the bike in my truck and took a nice swim in the ocean. Nothing like sweat salt mixed with ocean salt then some sun to bake that recipe. Then home for a nap....time for a movie maybe that Compton flick.

Peace everybody

Nice lil Saturday cooking for u G.Its fucking Africa hot out,damn.
    A little pool action for me,dinner at Utiki w friends.Movie tomorrow Def Mission Impossible.enjoy
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Assholes who don't use their blinkers and people who assume I know they are turning right and cut me off
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    This happens time and again downtown: On Main St., all parking is parallel. I do the standard turn on the signal before the open space, pull just past the space, put it in reverse to back in and properly parallel park and some dingbat jams right up on my rear bumper so I can't back up and then lays on their horn like I'm the fuck up. I usually just calmly put the car in park, walk up to their driver's side window, give the driver a crazy maniacal smile, move to the front of their car and smash their headlights in with a tire iron, wave goodbye, get back in my car and go look for another parking space. Very effective.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

This happens time and again downtown: On Main St., all parking is parallel. I do the standard turn on the signal before the open space, pull just past the space, put it in reverse to back in and properly parallel park and some dingbat jams right up on my rear bumper so I can't back up and then lays on their horn like I'm the fuck up. I usually just calmly put the car in park, walk up to their driver's side window, give the driver a crazy maniacal smile, move to the front of their car and smash their headlights in with a tire iron, wave goodbye, get back in my car and go look for another parking space. Very effective.

Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be.... :smiley:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be.... :smiley:
    I blush!! That's the first time anyone ever called me a hero for being a raving maniac! :lol:

• Options
    brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

I blush!! That's the first time anyone ever called me a hero for being a raving maniac! :lol:

It's the tire iron move that clinched it for me. I usually just flip someone off, but your move puts it over the top.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

It's the tire iron move that clinched it for me. I usually just flip someone off, but your move puts it over the top.
    Haha!

But now I must burst your bubble-- it was only a movie in my mind. Whatcha think? Should I go for it next time? :sunglasses: