Options

Tour de France 2016- SPOILER ALERT

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,767
    Tour de What....just kidding, as an avid cyclist myself props to all participants, but tonight I have a mission.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    So even the Tour de France thread?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Hey a drunk girl has got to do what a drunk girl has got to do!

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ^^^ You should at least make it about cycling.

Spandex.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey I bike about 60Km a week, at least, I am keeping it relevant.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    edited July 2015
    Today the Tour climbed the greatest climb I have ever seen :scared: :scared: :scared:
    Lacets de Montvernier:

This climb takes my breath away, I'd piss my pants riding approaching and looking up to this climb. Wow!

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I watched some of it and in lots of places there's no rail and I'm thinking what if they faint or something and go off the edge :worried:
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Alpe d'huez tomorrow! Can't wait. In 2004 I spent all day standing on the side of that mountain watching the time trial in the TDF. It is an awesome memory. My husband rode to the top that morning prior to the TDF riders arrival. He watched the time trial from the top.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    g under p said:

Today the Tour climbed the greatest climb I have ever seen :scared: :scared: :scared:
    Lacets de Montvernier:

This climb takes my breath away, I'd piss my pants riding approaching and looking up to this climb. Wow!

Peace

Oh my god. That's gorgeous, but I'm not sure I could even drive it.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    hope the OP can update the title....

two excellent stages so far.

loved seeing the manx missile get another stage win yesterday. today's finish destroyed guys.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ANOTHER epic sprint. I swear, that couldn't have been a 1000th of a second.

where are the bike people?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Two amazing sprint days for sure! Two photo finishes back to back. I thought the little Frenchman had won today.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Hey RR, can you update the thread title? :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Hey RR, can you update the thread title? :wink:

Ha ha! I'm oblivious. Forgot that I was in charge of that.
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Two amazing sprint days for sure! Two photo finishes back to back. I thought the little Frenchman had won today.
    I thought he had too, but you kinda spoiled the surprise :wink:

Griepel seems a little off his game.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

I thought he had too, but you kinda spoiled the surprise :wink:

Griepel seems a little off his game.
    Sorry about the spoiler. I should put in the title that if you haven't watched the latest stage don't read this thread.
  • Options
    hasn't been a dull stage yet.

not anti-froome, but I hope he doesn't hold the jersey all the way to paris. unfortunately, he probably will. he and sky are that good. I gained respect for froome with the way he rode yesterday's finishing downhill :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    another great stage!

I had never held froome in super high regard, but I'm beginning to. Might he be on drugs? :pensive:

I hope quintana can tighten things up tomorrow but I won't hold my breath.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Yesterday I gained some respect for Froome. Still not a fan, but can't disregard his effort and success yesterday. I just wish Contador was still in the race and healthy. Dang! Fingers crossed that Quintana can do something. Soon. I'm thinking that Teejay will not be a contender. This year or in the future. He is a good rider but just doesn't have the something extra to make him an overall winner.
  • Options
    OMG! No spoiler here. BUT WATCH TODAY'S STAGE. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

Yes that is a rare thing to see. I do want to know what kind of riding shoes Froome was using cause when I try to walk in mine and it's like wearing high heels.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Yes that is a rare thing to see. I do want to know what kind of riding shoes Froome was using cause when I try to walk in mine and it's like wearing high heels.

NTTAWWT

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Yesterday I gained some respect for Froome. Still not a fan, but can't disregard his effort and success yesterday. I just wish Contador was still in the race and healthy. Dang! Fingers crossed that Quintana can do something. Soon. I'm thinking that Teejay will not be a contender. This year or in the future. He is a good rider but just doesn't have the something extra to make him an overall winner.

I'm pretty sure contador can't contend without "tainted steak."

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    been a boring tour for the most part ... none of the GC guys can handle Sky ... thankfully there is Sagan ... love that guy ...

it's pretty much over ...
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I'm pretty sure contador can't contend without "tainted steak."
    I don't agree with that. Last year he was not a strong contender because he did the Giro prior to the Tour. Unlike Froome whose entire focus is on the Tour, Contador was gutsy enough to try both the Giro and the Tour. It didn't work out, but at least he tried. Sky, with its big money, has paid for a great support team for Froome and with the sole focus on the Tour it makes things much easier for Froome.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

been a boring tour for the most part ... none of the GC guys can handle Sky ... thankfully there is Sagan ... love that guy ...

Yep for GC winner any way. I am hoping that at least one climber can put some hurt on Froome in the Alps. I'm quite sure that there won't/can't be enough to catch Froome for overall, but at least beat him down some in at least one stage. I'm not a fan of Porte either, but at least he is no longer on Sky. Does anyone know the circumstances of Porte leaving Sky?
  • Options

polaris_x said:

Yep for GC winner any way. I am hoping that at least one climber can put some hurt on Froome in the Alps. I'm quite sure that there won't/can't be enough to catch Froome for overall, but at least beat him down some in at least one stage. I'm not a fan of Porte either, but at least he is no longer on Sky. Does anyone know the circumstances of Porte leaving Sky?
    so ... he could ride for himself at the tour ...

thing with Sky is that they are rotating guys in each stage to do all the work .. unless BMC, Astana, Movistar and TFS collaborate - it's over ... BMC and Movistar should send TJ and Valverde on the break with a couple of riders each ... and see what happens ...
  • Options
    I guess I never considered Porte GC material. Of course, this year he is proving me wrong. Always considered Teejay the GC contender I guess. I realize that they were listed as co-leaders at the beginning.
  • Options
    Porte's always had bad luck ... even this year ... guy can't catch a break ... he'd be closest to froome now if not for his mechanical at the beginning of the race ...

real disappointed with quintana this tour ...