Options

Rachel Dolezal

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I wonder what Clayton Bigsby thinks of this?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547

She is an opportunist and pathological liar who is trying to veer attention away from these ethical and mental issues by focusing this debacle as a race and identity issue. She's manipulating the general public and being successful at doing so.

Bingo. One liar is creating all this national discussion and debate. It seems to be the new normal now.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I don't think that she is trying to pull anything evil or sinister, I really think she was working for what she thought was right and in her own mind identified with the black commumity but I also believe she has some deep rooted issues (duh !)
    I don't care who she believes she is unless she was hurting other people in the process.
    was she ? I'm not real up to date on this.

Godfather.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

I don't think that she is trying to pull anything evil or sinister, I really think she was working for what she thought was right and in her own mind identified with the black commumity but I also believe she has some deep rooted issues (duh !)
    I don't care who she believes she is unless she was hurting other people in the process.
    was she ? I'm not real up to date on this.

Godfather.

Agree GF.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    When you file a lawsuit against a well-reputed university on the basis of discrimination for being white, while now claiming to be black...

Yeah, there's a ripple-effect of time and resources spent (lost), and well-deserved integrity put on the line...of course her character and credibility is questionable to me, big time.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    hedonist said:

When you file a lawsuit against a well-reputed university on the basis of discrimination for being white, while now claiming to be black...

Yeah, there's a ripple-effect of time and resources spent (lost), and well-deserved integrity put on the line...of course her character and credibility is questionable to me, big time.

You and me hedonist.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Good point, so this probably throws that law suit out the window LOL!

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    she has said it kinda of started when she was refered to as multiracial , then biracial then later as black in some news articles about something she was a part of(I dont know the details of the articles or event that t.hey were written about) but I wonder if that wasn't the green light for her?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited June 2015

hedonist said:

Godfather.

this lawsuit was when she was still at Howard University. It was thrown out by the Judge in the case.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

hedonist said:

Godfather.

this lawsuit was when she was still at Howard University. It was thrown out by the Judge in the case.
    ahhhh o.k, about your other post, it sounds like that could have been the go ahead for her like "hay I can really pull this off" but I have to ask myself.. why ? did she pretend to black for social reasons or for business reasons ? either way it tells me something is wrong with her but I also can't see any harm done other than to her self and family.

Godfather.

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I can't wait until the majority comes around to the conclusion that I arrived at about 15 years ago: that we're ALL of mixed race at this point. The concept of race should be losing viability all the time. I basically do not refer to myself or others in racial terms. Those labels need to be removed from our lives.

By my estimate, that majority will be achieved in about 200 years.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    ...would've been nice if my first response was actually saved/posted...

Anyway, I've checked both the "white" and "other" boxes on various forms over the years. Agreed we're a melange, but to manipulate it and, in the process, others - for fraud?

Nope.

Also, nice to see you back, know1. Always appreciate your views.
  • Options
    know1 said:

I can't wait until the majority comes around to the conclusion that I arrived at about 15 years ago: that we're ALL of mixed race at this point. The concept of race should be losing viability all the time. I basically do not refer to myself or others in racial terms. Those labels need to be removed from our lives.

By my estimate, that majority will be achieved in about 200 years.

Agree. Never answer race questions on forms and if forced put other.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I don't care about this woman. Why dies this bother so many. Not a big deal.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    hedonist said:

Also, nice to see you back, know1. Always appreciate your views.

Aww...I didn't figure anyone would notice. I genuinely appreciate the comment.

Not just the Pearl Jam boards, but my visiting and participating on message boards has declined quite a bit in recent times. Not sure it that's because of me or that message boards in general are being replaced by other forms of interaction. I think it's a bit of both.

The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    incredibly crass, but nothing like the murder of 9 BORN black to take the heat off.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    callen said:

I don't care about this woman. Why dies this bother so many. Not a big deal.

agreed ! and in the middle of all this usless news TPP snuck by without a peep
    and that's how our government works and controls the people thru media.

Godfather.

Post edited by Godfather. on
  • Options
    while everybody was dancing in the streets over gay marrieage and arguing over a flag obama was quietly working TPP.......SUCKERS !!!!!!!! we got had.
  • Options
    While I agree media "coverage" is selective and manipulates in its own lovely little way, (perceived) lesser stories are / can still be relevant and worthy of review and discussion.

I'm happy to call out anyone on bullshit, as Ms. Dolezal has so generously provided ;)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

While I agree media "coverage" is selective and manipulates in its own lovely little way, (perceived) lesser stories are / can still be relevant and worthy of review and discussion.

I'm happy to call out anyone on bullshit, as Ms. Dolezal has so generously provided ;)

and I'd expect no less from you my friend !

Godfather.

• Options

while everybody was dancing in the streets over gay marrieage and arguing over a flag obama was quietly working TPP.......SUCKERS !!!!!!!! we got had.

Yeah been watching this a bit. So now admin has authority to negotiate. Once outcomes are derived congress has to ratify from my understanding.

Funny GF you will be on democrats side on this.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Smoke and mirrors my friend. Always distract the masses and do the shady shit in the dark.
  • Options
    But it wasn't. Very public about the catfight between dems and pres. Including the tweaks to get dem approval.

• Options
    callen said:

Yeah been watching this a bit. So now admin has authority to negotiate. Once outcomes are derived congress has to ratify from my understanding.

Funny GF you will be on democrats side on this.
    well........I'm on the "do the right thing" side, our government persident included have just F'd things up so bad and at a cost to the American people can't afford.

Godfather.

• Options
    badbrains said:

Smoke and mirrors my friend. Always distract the masses and do the shady shit in the dark.
    yes sir, we got bamboozled..and the money given for a "yea" vote to a few members of congress was just salt in a open wound.

Godfather.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains said:

hedonist said:

You and me hedonist.
    And me
  • Options
    Didn't Steve Martin have this same problem in The Jerk?
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Didn't Steve Martin have this same problem in The Jerk?

Suffered badly. Just had no rhythm. Reality came crashing down on him and he was forced to accept life as a 'honky'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Exactly!!!!
  • Options
    HAHHAHHAHHAH does anybody know how th name honky for white people came about ? the story I got some years ago made me laugh.

Godfather.