Dave Grohl falls off stage/breaks leg

2»

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    RKCNDY said:

jeffbr said:

Looks like a break!

Kudos to Dave. Tough as nails!

that is surgical. it is a displaced weber c fracture of the fibula which has bayonette deformity. shortened at least a cm. needs to be reduced, brought out to length, and plated. his ankle mortise is widened. he could end up having long term effects if this is not treated properly. need a lateral view, which is cut off in the picture, to see if there is any anterior or posterior displacement. he will end up having surgery when the swelling goes down.
    So after surgery, he gets a scooter...right?
    he should. I would ask for one. our patients get them with less of an injury than that. :)
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    He should stay in Sweden to get it fixed. I mean they brought the ER to him and got him bandaged up to finish the show in like 10 minutes. They probably have fantastic surgeons and state of the art tech. It'd probably be healed faster if he gets it taken care of there.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    ldent42 said:

He should stay in Sweden to get it fixed. I mean they brought the ER to him and got him bandaged up to finish the show in like 10 minutes. They probably have fantastic surgeons and state of the art tech. It'd probably be healed faster if he gets it taken care of there.

I doubt Grohl will have much trouble finding doctors to take care of him in the US
    Surprised they haven't announced that the rest of the tour is cancelled. Hard to see him performing sitting down like he did last night...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Surprised they haven't announced that the rest of the tour is cancelled. Hard to see him performing sitting down like he did last night...

I can see Dave rocking a scooter or wheelchair...popping wheelies on stage, that would be awesome.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    They cancelled their next two shows of the tour
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Longueuil said:

They cancelled their next two shows of the tour

Now that's a ROCKSTAR!! Only
    Cancel two of the remaining shows!! Love Dave!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Only 2 shows cancel..wow
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

This is sweden...all works perfect..ive been in like 40-45 countires..thete is no better quality of life anywhere else..if they had beter weather or longer summer will be better than heaven...

I was actually amazed by the crowds reaction. They seemed to take it pretty well. Some places would have responded in a negative way if the show stopped two songs in for any reason at all.
    People there are calm and smillimg..and all are fuxkin beautiful..its crazy how pretty people are.
    is really a place worth to visit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Wow, that was one hell of a fall. Somebody said it was a good thing that he didn't break a hip is right. That could've easily happened to him, I hope he gets well soon.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957

Only 2 shows cancel..wow

Cancelled the rest. Sucks for them and their fans in Europe.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Only 2 shows cancel..wow

Cancelled the rest. Sucks for them and their fans in Europe.
    I wondered when that would happen. That sort of break generally requires non-weight bearing for weeks.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    At this point I'm mentally preparing for the show I have tickets to next month to be cancelled.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    My friend broke his ankle pretty bad, plate and screws, he showed us the x-ray. He had a scooter for a few weeks (6 weeks?) but he's walking around now.

Again, I can totally see Dave rocking a pimped out scooter.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I'm over it. Quit whining and sing.
    ldent42 said:

At this point I'm mentally preparing for the show I have tickets to next month to be cancelled.

Shocked that they haven't cancelled any US dates yet. Unless he's going to do shows from a wheelchair, no way he can recover in time. That's a brutal injury.
  • I like the Foos and the Legend of Dave Grohl, even if he is the coolest person he has ever met. Sorry to see this happen and love that he came back to play some more at the show, what a champ. Rock on Dave!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I don't think any U.S. Shows will be cancelled.3 weeks to chill before DC bday party.Doubt he misses a 20th anniversary extravaganza
    rr165892 said:

I don't think any U.S. Shows will be cancelled.3 weeks to chill before DC bday party.Doubt he misses a 20th anniversary extravaganza

You really think he'll be able to play in 3 weeks after the surgery he just had?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I don't see the US shows happening.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

rr165892 said:

You really think he'll be able to play in 3 weeks after the surgery he just had?
    I had ankle/foot surgery last year 7/3 (7 screws, two plates) and man the first two weeks were brutal. I was so drugged up I forgot which day was my daughters 18th birthday. Luckily I sent her a card way before the surgery.

DG may have the best surgeons and medical care to come back so quickly. Due to so much is on the line as to making these concert dates that are set years before playing the shows. I wish him well, love his music I would love to see them live. Besides he really loves RUSH!

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

RKCNDY said:

I can see Dave rocking a scooter or wheelchair...popping wheelies on stage, that would be awesome.
    ...and I called it.
    https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/live-nation/dave-grohl-rocks-out-atop-custom-made--game-of-thrones--style-throne-161345449.html#cover-c1380c27e89f34214106b14ee5a595da

- Christopher McCandless
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Never doubted for a min.Daves a stud