Options

Goodbye, this use to be a really cool place

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited May 2015
    All I'm looking for is a place to sell my shit but I've got to weave through all of this drama.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

You'll be back, again. This place is like sex.

I would say it's more like masturbation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891

All I'm looking for is a place to sell my shit but I've got to weave through all of this drama.

Lol lol.
    I never understood the announced goodbye on the Internet.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I've read this thread before...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    TribeintoBreathTribeintoBreath Posts: 882
    edited May 2015
    imagephoto 9CB6F619-7C68-498D-848F-B00DA96DB183.gif" />
    mfc2006 said:

I've read this thread before...

It's the 2015 remix.
    Post edited by TribeintoBreath on
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

:lol:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm staying... i'm finishing my coffee
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    by the way...

vinyl = music... not merch
  • Options
    imagephoto C9F7CFF0-4276-4DE5-B985-BD39A8DCB757.gif" />
    my2hands said:

I'm staying... i'm finishing my coffee

Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

I counted 14 of the 28 threads on the first page were merchandise/vinyl related, it use to be that 80 to 90% of the threads were about the music or tour dates or stuff band related, and the merchandise threads keep taking over more and more of the porch, no offense to people who want to spend their time speaking about the merchandise, just not very inspiring for me, I joined this group because I assumed that it was a bunch of people who wanted to talk about the music. I know this thread will get locked because there is a constant attempt to limit free expression even when clearly nothing I have said violates the board rules. I will stay until they announce a Canadian Tour, but I will only be keeping that one thread active for my many friends in Canada, after that I am gone, probably going to let my membership expire too (I might keep it just for the setlist threads over in Given To Fly), I can always get tickets on Facebook. Maybe it is just me, but I can't see why it so hard to have a section just for people who want to talk about the band, the tour dates and the songs (although maybe this is the way the band wants it, as they play fewer and fewer shows, maybe they want it to be all about merchandise), but all these other threads make it too hard to sift through, so my best wishes, but this time is for good unless they create a forum that is about the songs, tour dates and the band, so good luck to everyone, this is a bummer, there were so many great discussions in here, my time on The Porch is nearing it's end, proof that not all change is for the good (although I am sure some are rejoicing, lol). No hard feelings, best wishes to everyone.

bye...thanks for letting us know
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    TribeintoBreathTribeintoBreath Posts: 882
    edited May 2015
    imagephoto 9CC74DBE-B9B2-4AF0-B93B-F0F80577B28D.gif" />

I started a crowdfund to raise some parting $$ for you.
    Post edited by TribeintoBreath on
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    Hank why leave like someone else stated just take a break ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

Yeah, just add the Message Pit to your rotation of internet viewing. Drop in, check out the threads that interest you, make a comment, add a thread if so inclined, and then move on with your day.

• Options
    ivegotcookiesivegotcookies Posts: 155

I counted 14 of the 28 threads on the first page were merchandise/vinyl related, it use to be that 80 to 90% of the threads were about the music or tour dates or stuff band related, and the merchandise threads keep taking over more and more of the porch, no offense to people who want to spend their time speaking about the merchandise, just not very inspiring for me, I joined this group because I assumed that it was a bunch of people who wanted to talk about the music. I know this thread will get locked because there is a constant attempt to limit free expression even when clearly nothing I have said violates the board rules. I will stay until they announce a Canadian Tour, but I will only be keeping that one thread active for my many friends in Canada, after that I am gone, probably going to let my membership expire too (I might keep it just for the setlist threads over in Given To Fly), I can always get tickets on Facebook. Maybe it is just me, but I can't see why it so hard to have a section just for people who want to talk about the band, the tour dates and the songs (although maybe this is the way the band wants it, as they play fewer and fewer shows, maybe they want it to be all about merchandise), but all these other threads make it too hard to sift through, so my best wishes, but this time is for good unless they create a forum that is about the songs, tour dates and the band, so good luck to everyone, this is a bummer, there were so many great discussions in here, my time on The Porch is nearing it's end, proof that not all change is for the good (although I am sure some are rejoicing, lol). No hard feelings, best wishes to everyone.

Ah the melodramatic goodbye post. See ya!

" In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288

So go to the words and music section of the site. That's what that section is for. Problem solved.
    This. 'Words and Music' is exactly where you should be if you want to discuss, uh, the music. Not posting dramatic exit threads that always come across as "poor me, I'm leaving. Please beg me to stay".

They're not on tour yet and they haven't released any new music. However they have just had their biggest ever vinyl sale so of course people are going to be talking about vinyl.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

Hahahaha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    themrpearljamthemrpearljam Posts: 305
    Big bank hank.
    I've always liked your video posts and
    poles and so on
    so continue on
    as far as the bullshit on here just muscle
    through it and overlook it as that's what I do
    I get internet tired head real quick so
    I wish that for you
    also like others have suggested
    take a break for awhile ---regroup and also
    as usual there's so much more in life that's
    more concerning than letting this forum
    bum you out
    So have a drink keep rockin and we'll
    see ya soon
    PEACE
  • Options
    themrpearljamthemrpearljam Posts: 305
    Oh and also i forgot
    there are some funny fuckers on here
    keeps me entertained
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,758
    How to do a goodbye post:

First: post it in AET.
    Second: No melodrama, no complaining, no shaming
    Third: be quick

Hi all - I've got other priorities in life right now and decided not to renew my membership once it expires. If you want to keep in touch send me a PM or you can catch me on the Facebook message board.

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    SD48277 said:

Ladies, you are awesome! :smile:

Backatcha, sister :rock_on:

And this makes so much sense it's ridiculous.
    PJ_Soul said:

Either way, I think blaming the boards or the thread topics for your need to leave seems a bit unfair. The reason anyone needs a break from this place is all about their own shit, not everyone else's. I.e. this is still a cool place. It's just not suiting Hank's needs at the moment.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    For whatever it is worth:
    The Porch
    Step out on the porch to discuss Pearl Jam's music, tour, appearances, causes they support, etc. It's all about Pearl Jam here.
    It leaves the thread discussion topics pretty broad.
    SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

We're not all special little flowers, Hank.

I am a goddamned snowflake, I don't care WHAT Tyler Durden says.
    =)

I also need deadendp and her asterisk!
    We're all brilliant asterisks! (Ask, Hedonist, and ye shall receive!)

In all seriousness, my time here on the boards has been brief in relation to time other people have been here. In my short time, I've noticed that the boards have seasons. When touring, you have the ISO (name your venue here) threads. During Mystery Box sales, we have those threads. Sometimes I sift. Sometimes I decide to fold the laundry and clean the dishes instead. But I do agree with 2-feign. =)

The forum isn't time clock attached. Be in when you want to be. Be out when you want to be. Just make sure that you enjoy what you are doing. (Whether it be here or elsewhere.) If you aren't, then make a change.
    Ha! You rock, with this said not as a recipient.

I'm actually listening to the Benny version of Down at the moment.

PERFECT.

Long live this music, and us with it, long as we may run.
    Ladies, you are awesome! :smile:
    Thank you! Let that asterisk shine with BRILLIANCE! :emoji throwing glitter:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm staying
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2015
    OP
    Take this refill :coffee: and stick around.

Next time you post that you are leaving again though, the Porch is not the right place.

edit - your thread title should read "used" not "use"
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778

Like someone else stated??? Someone else??? No respect.

Lol. :).
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    these all dressed chips are making me thirsty.

good bye hank..take care of yourself.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

See you in a week or so.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871

OP
    Take this refill :coffee: and stick around.

Next time you post that you are leaving again though, the Porch is not the right place.

edit - your thread title should read "used" not "use"

Im a stickler for bad grammar too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Did Hank come back yet?? Where's a poll when you need one...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
This discussion has been closed.