Options

Did you ever really get into a TV series and then...

2»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Dexter did flirt with the shark, but I made it through. As far as the finale...I didn't mind it. I think it left the series open for a 2nd run though. Perhaps rename it, label it a 'spin off' but instead of focusing on a supporting character, just focus on the lead.

If you like good finales, the BEST ever IMO was 'Dexter's' prior series, 6 Feet Under. Great series overall, and just an amazing way to wrap it up. I cried like a baby each of the several times I replayed that ending montage.

Really excited (yet sad) for the Mad Men finale. That is up there with my all-time faves for sure.

After that I will be focusing on finishing up Sons of Anarchy (when not watching Game of Thrones), then I'll watch the final seasons of Californication and Boardwalk Empire.

Agreed about Six Feet Under! One of the most beautifully-crafted series in every sense, especially the finale. Gets me every time.

I need to buy the DVD set (if it even exists).

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,446
    hedonist said:

Dexter did flirt with the shark, but I made it through. As far as the finale...I didn't mind it. I think it left the series open for a 2nd run though. Perhaps rename it, label it a 'spin off' but instead of focusing on a supporting character, just focus on the lead.

If you like good finales, the BEST ever IMO was 'Dexter's' prior series, 6 Feet Under. Great series overall, and just an amazing way to wrap it up. I cried like a baby each of the several times I replayed that ending montage.

Really excited (yet sad) for the Mad Men finale. That is up there with my all-time faves for sure.

After that I will be focusing on finishing up Sons of Anarchy (when not watching Game of Thrones), then I'll watch the final seasons of Californication and Boardwalk Empire.

Agreed about Six Feet Under! One of the most beautifully-crafted series in every sense, especially the finale. Gets me every time.

I need to buy the DVD set (if it even exists).

it does
    http://www.amazon.com/Six-Feet-Under-Complete-Repackage/dp/B00GC6AF7Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1431888420&sr=1-1&keywords=six+feet+under+box+set
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    igotid88 said:
    Haha...hit your link and took me less than three minutes to place the order.

Thank you, thank you!

• Options
    hedonist said:

igotid88 said:
    Haha...hit your link and took me less than three minutes to place the order.

Thank you, thank you!

welcome.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748

Dexter

Loved the 1st 4 seasons and spiraled down after that. After the 3rd episode of season 7 I just said, "Fuck it, I'm done."

Yep. First 4 seasons were great. After that, it just got so ridiculous. Especially the last 2 seasons. One of the worst series finales of all time. It was so bad.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Fringe
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,789
    The Walking Dead, loved the first season and then I watched the second season and now I'm done.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824

The Walking Dead, loved the first season and then I watched the second season and now I'm done.

You know, I'm also getting to the point where TWD is becoming a bit too routine. Now they have this new companion series coming out in the Summer, set in LA - Fear The Walking Dead.

I think that may be interesting, but would much prefer a prequel.

Mad Men hit a home run last night by the way! Hmm...what to watch next after I finish the last seasons of Californication and Boardwalk Empire. That will have to be a separate post someday.

19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options

You know, I'm also getting to the point where TWD is becoming a bit too routine. Now they have this new companion series coming out in the Summer, set in LA - Fear The Walking Dead.

Mad Men hit a home run last night by the way! Hmm...what to watch next after I finish the last seasons of Californication and Boardwalk Empire. That will have to be a separate post someday.

it is a prequel
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    igotid88 said:

it is a prequel
    Looks like it's kind of a prequel, but more of a parallel story, set place at the beginning of the outbreak in LA, while Rick's in a coma. Cool!

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/fear-the-walking-dead-creators-reveal-plot-details-20150518
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

I was told to watch the first season of Twin Peaks and not even bother going on to the next season, even though I guess there is a cliff hanger at the end of season 1.

The middle of season 2 dragged on a little bit, but not horribly. Watch both seasons, and then the movie.

And yes: season 1 ended with a ridiculous cliffhanger...and it happened without everyone knowing there was going to be a 2nd season (pre-internet). That made it even better.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive said:

cdysinge said:

imalive said:

I watch four things on TV

American Pickers
    This Old House
    Antiques Roadshow
    Sports

That's it; that's the list.

This help explain the croc wearing, house cleaning lifestyle you seem to have.

totally. I like reality...have no use for fiction, except in books....and, even then, it has to be believable.

This must be an old people thing. I never miss Antiques Roadshow if I can help it.
    I once had to teach a class on Monday nights. 6 weeks I missed my show.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    I want to get into Bones because my dad was addicted to it, but I just haven't commited myself to it yet. I watched the first couple on Netflix a couple months ago. Maybe this summer I'll finally catch up on it.