Options

Any word on Denver setlist yet?

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Main Set: World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Jeremy, Army Reserve, Daughter, Bee Girl, Corduroy, Better Man, Black

Encore: Comatose, Bu$hleaguer, Alive, So You Want To Be A Rock n Roll Star

This is from the RM forum!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I wonder if Petty sang Rock and Roll Star with PJ?
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    that is so fucking cool that Bu$hleaguer was played along with Bee Girl and Rock 'n' Roll star!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
    First of all i saw Petty at Red Rocks last summer. Great show--not even close to Pearl Jam.

I have a 10 month old son so I skippped Petty tonight since i am going tomorrow too.

Here's my two cents from tonight:

Tight performance. BUT I was waiting for one improv. Just one. I thought during Black Eddie was going to go for it. He grabbed the mike at the end of the song. Same for some others but nada. Tight set but I think back to three years ago and I didn't see a band just "letting go" like back in 03.

I have seen these guys at Bridge School and at Jones Beach 2000 and that's my take.

By the way, my 10c # is 203xxx and my seats were way different from last time--probably worse if you think about it. In 2003 at Pepsi Center I was midfloor center (like row 20)> This time is was Mike's side up 19 rows. Clearly Petty fan club (which was set up in Jan 06 LOL) had an impact.

So thats my story. I'll be there tomorow night with a fan clun 128XXX ticket and will share the goods.
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    nukeboot wrote:
    I wonder if Petty sang Rock and Roll Star with PJ?

negative...edved came out and helped petty with a tune...pretty cool. on RITFWinCO, I agree with your post.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    DefJef44DefJef44 Posts: 13
    Setlists don't make a show good....the energy....and it was there last night
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Why are people holding the band to a completely different standard for this tour? They have always repeated songs across shows ... And did someone seriously say that 90+ songs over 30 shows isn't a lot of variety? Wow. I guess I am used to thinking about it in relative terms, relative to other bands, I mean.
    I also don't get the 18+ repeats comment about Pittsburg ... Repeats from when? There was a huge gap in between Pittsburg and the last show.
    Aw well. I do some bitching about the songs they don't play (like I said, Brain of J must be a real challenge to play), but damn, people are spoiled to knock the sets as much as they do. Didn't they play Around The Bend on the Petty tour?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    DefJef44 wrote:
    Setlists don't make a show good....the energy....and it was there last night

Right on the money. Last night's show was fantastic, as I awoke from my fog of last night a realised something.

WE ARE SEEING THIS BAND AT THE HEIGHT OF THEIR POWER!

As Napoleon Dynamite would say.......sssssssweet!
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    rocket70 wrote:
    Right on the money. Last night's show was fantastic, as I awoke from my fog of last night a realised something.

WE ARE SEEING THIS BAND AT THE HEIGHT OF THEIR POWER!

As Napoleon Dynamite would say.......sssssssweet!

The height of their power?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    denverfan wrote:
    The height of their power?

Yeah, I guess that needs clarification. Musical power, intensity, skilll etc.....