Options

Any word on Denver setlist yet?

Comments

• Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    mca47 wrote:
    Aside from Bee Girl, it's pretty much the exact same show as the other PJ/Petty shows.

That's what im sayin.. It's like the band said fuck it and threw in the towel for this petty tour. DAM GLAD i'm not attending them.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    If they played Bushleaguer that is f'n awesome!!!!
    :D
  • Options
    hail? odd seeing you here!

haha why's that?

i'm always here
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:
    Please fill me in on what happened in Denver before.

Denver was the first show (i believe) they played in the states in the 2003 tour and they busted out bushleaguer....12 people left because they were pissed and it was all over the media...but like ed said...why couldn't they say that 11,988 stayed?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Son of a bitch!! BUSHLEAGUER??? I'm gettin the boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    parkdropperparkdropper Posts: 178
    Denver was the first show (i believe) they played in the states in the 2003 tour and they busted out bushleaguer....12 people left because they were pissed and it was all over the media...but like ed said...why couldn't they say that 11,988 stayed?

Statement from Pearl Jam
    April 3, 2003

There were close to 12,000 people at the April 1st Denver show. It’s possible two dozen left during encore but it was not noticeable amongst the 11,976 who were loudly applauding and enjoying the evening’s music. It just made a better headline to report otherwise. [You’ll note the writer doesn’t mention this in his review of the show from the day prior. See “Pearl Jam Show Will Make a Great CD” by Mark Brown, Rocky Mountain News. And it is little more than a mention in any of the show reviews.

Dissension is nothing we shy away from – it should just be reported about more accurately. Ed’s talk from the stage centered on the importance of freedom of speech and the importance of supporting our soldiers as well as an expression of sadness over the public being made to feel as though the two sentiments can’t occur simultaneously.
  • Options
    pj1023pj1023 Posts: 47
    i have a feeling after the petty tour the setlist are going to be real sick busting out some good rare tunes
    Shows
    Pittsburgh- (4/26/03)
    Pittsburgh w/ Stones- (9/28/06)
    Cleveland- (5/20/06)
    Pittsburgh- (6/23/06)
    Cincy- (6/24/06)
  • Options
    haha why's that?

i'm always here

well, i never come here, just used to seeing you in M&G, i wonder if they will only get another song tonight...

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465

Thanks for the info. I knew about Uniondale, but not Denver.

Fuck 'em!

:D
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    mca47 wrote:
    Aside from Bee Girl, it's pretty much the exact same show as the other PJ/Petty shows.
    its funny how the masses are just realizing this now, when outside of grand rapids, and camden 2. the entire tour has been one big repeat, sprinkled with one or three rares.

again i say the worst of all the pj tours.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Gorge is where they will bust out a lot of rarities...footsteps, in hiding, deep, rats, wma, breakerfall, parting ways, no way, sometimes, satans bed, hold on, tremor christ, otherside, fatal, etc etc etc :D:D
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Statement from Pearl Jam
    April 3, 2003

There were close to 12,000 people at the April 1st Denver show. It’s possible two dozen left during encore but it was not noticeable amongst the 11,976 who were loudly applauding and enjoying the evening’s music. It just made a better headline to report otherwise. [You’ll note the writer doesn’t mention this in his review of the show from the day prior. See “Pearl Jam Show Will Make a Great CD” by Mark Brown, Rocky Mountain News. And it is little more than a mention in any of the show reviews.

Dissension is nothing we shy away from – it should just be reported about more accurately. Ed’s talk from the stage centered on the importance of freedom of speech and the importance of supporting our soldiers as well as an expression of sadness over the public being made to feel as though the two sentiments can’t occur simultaneously.

I saw Bu$hleaguer in Seattle 4 months before that and it was well recieved by the crowd-- no articles or anything. Some people are just effing dumb.
  • Options
    lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    nothing will beat uniondale, they got booed out of the place and not one media story on it.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Options
    setlist update?

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Options
    ii44 wrote:
    I saw Bu$hleaguer in Seattle 4 months before that and it was well recieved by the crowd-- no articles or anything. Some people are just effing dumb.

Yes, I agree with you except I have to inflate your word 'some' to 'too f'in many'

I saw Bu$hleaguer in Seattle also and i appreciated it!!
  • Options
    yieldpjyieldpj Posts: 39
    time for them to bust out No Way or Dirty Frank, any other suggestions for rare songs, please post
    "He Who Forgets, Will Be Destined To Remember"
  • Options
    the latest according to BRY is:

main: wws, severed hand, hail hail, dte, given to fly, evenflow, jeremy, army reserve, daughter, bee girl, corduroy, betterman, black

encore: comatose, Bu$hleaguer, alive, rock n roll star
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,865
    Gorge is where they will bust out a lot of rarities...footsteps, in hiding, deep, rats, wma, breakerfall, parting ways, no way, sometimes, satans bed, hold on, tremor christ, otherside, fatal, etc etc etc :D:D

They had better do that!!! New York and Minnesota will be represented at the Gorge. Whooo.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    the latest according to BRY is:

main: wws, severed hand, hail hail, dte, given to fly, evenflow, jeremy, army reserve, daughter, bee girl, corduroy, betterman, black

encore: comatose, Bu$hleaguer, alive, rock n roll star

theres 17 songs...should be wrap up time..

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    its funny how the masses are just realizing this now, when outside of grand rapids, and camden 2. the entire tour has been one big repeat, sprinkled with one or three rares.

I think they've mixed it up more than you're giving them credit for.

Using TSIS's setlist search, up to the St. Paul shows they've played 625 total songs and 103 unique songs.

I won't paste the whole list here, but if you do it for yourself you'll be suprised, I think, at the variety.

Update:
    2003 shows - 2044 Total Songs, 133 Unique Songs
    2000 shows - 2024 Total Songs, 108 Unique Songs
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    marker2727marker2727 Posts: 91
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

"worst of all the pj tours"

please . . . i think you are being a drama queen.
    can't escape from the common rule
    if you hate something, don't you do it too...
  • Options
    evenflow82 wrote:
    They had better do that!!! New York and Minnesota will be represented at the Gorge. Whooo.

see you there buddy!! :D

a lot of people are going from NY/NJ/PA area
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

someone wasn't in pittsburgh
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    olikatieolikatie Posts: 62
    Setlist: World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Hail, Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Jeremy, Army Reserve, Daughter, Bee Girl, Corduroy, Better Man, Black

Rappels: Comatose, Bu$hleaguer, Alive
    1996: Zürich - 2000: Zürich - 2006: Marseille, Paris & Berne
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    inmyrvm wrote:

Or Boston....Or Hartford...

Do these guys have to pull Bee Girl out of their asses? Oh ya! That's right!!!They did just pull Bee Girl out of their asses....Maybe you should too....worst tour ever?...what ever!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    inmyrvm wrote:
    you mean the set that 18+ repeats?
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    I'm glad they haven't abandoned Bushleaguer. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    The problem is that each show is almost 30 songs long, except for the petty shows, when your playing 30 songs a night, 92 different song over a tour really isn' that much.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    you mean the set that 18+ repeats?

how many unique songs can be expected per night?? of course there will be a large number of repeats
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    justam wrote:
    I'm glad they haven't abandoned Bushleaguer. :)

I hope they dedicated it to all their Republican fans.

Anyone know if the infamous mask made an appearance?
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.