Post your stereo system!

1202122232426»

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 12,418
    mrussel1 said:
    Latest project is a Linn LP12, started as a standard build but that kind of went out of the window,custom walnut plinth by Woodsong Audio, machined toplate and subchassis, Ekos tonearm and Dynavector moving coil
    Are you buying a new Linn and that's your custom? Is that the Klimax or mid tier?
    mrussel1 said:
    Latest project is a Linn LP12, started as a standard build but that kind of went out of the window,custom walnut plinth by Woodsong Audio, machined toplate and subchassis, Ekos tonearm and Dynavector moving coil
    Are you buying a new Linn and that's your custom? Is that the Klimax or mid tier?
    Custom as in sourced piece by piece,lots of parts available when people upgrade to the higher levels, am building entirely from 2nd hand mostly E-bay 
    Was the deck used too? Looks like perfect condition. 
  • The wooden plinth? yes they are highly regarded hand built items and generally get well looked after.Mostly get changed out when the owner changes their decor.....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 27,274
    In one issue of Audio Advisor's catalogue I pieced together their most expensive turn table with their most expensive cartridge and was astounded to find you could actually spend a quarter of a million dollars on a record player.  What on earth can hear that well?
    "The answer is never the answer.  What's really interesting is the mystery.  If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking."
    -Ken Kesey
    M.I.T.S.

• brianlux said:
    In one issue of Audio Advisor's catalogue I pieced together their most expensive turn table with their most expensive cartridge and was astounded to find you could actually spend a quarter of a million dollars on a record player.  What on earth can hear that well?
    Usually not the person who can afford it..... :D
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,694
    Welcome home, old fella!

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Welcome home, old fella!

Nice.  How does it sound?  What year is that?
    It sounded great on test. Reverse feature still works, too. 

Now I just need to pair it with some speakers. 

Not entirely sure of the year, but they started making the 2000 in 1967. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Looks really nice.  I'd like to get a Sansui.  Have a Pioneer and Marantz, so might as well finish off the big trifecta.  
    edited June 18
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Looks really nice.  I'd like to get a Sansui.  Have a Pioneer and Marantz, so might as well finish off the big trifecta.  
    This was a little before Sansui hit the big time, I think, but it still has big-time sound. 

I had a line on some KLH Model Sixes to pair with it, but someone else was quicker. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

This was a little before Sansui hit the big time, I think, but it still has big-time sound. 

I had a line on some KLH Model Sixes to pair with it, but someone else was quicker. 
    I've never heard the 6's, but I know of them and that they are well respected.  I hope you score something good soon.  
    I'm working on a pair of KEF Reference 101's right now.  Someone has a whole Marantz setup (modern) but has the R's with them.  The whole thing is 1000, so I'm hoping he'll split off the speakers for around 2 or 250.  If he does, I'm taking them down.  They look perfect.  And legendary as well.