The Bad Part of Town

2»

Comments

• deadendp said:

We ended up in the wrong area in Baltimore. There was a bus driver who motioned to me to follow him. (Obviously, we didn't fit in.) Up the street a bit, his arm came out of the window pointing me the direction I needed to go to exit the hood. I was incredibly thankful.

Ah yes, my brothers and I got lost in Baltimore and stopped for gas in a bad area. Everyone was staring at us and the gas station clerk literally would not serve us and told us to get back into our car for our own good. Middle of the day.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

deadendp said:

We ended up in the wrong area in Baltimore. There was a bus driver who motioned to me to follow him. (Obviously, we didn't fit in.) Up the street a bit, his arm came out of the window pointing me the direction I needed to go to exit the hood. I was incredibly thankful.

Ah yes, my brothers and I got lost in Baltimore and stopped for gas in a bad area. Everyone was staring at us and the gas station clerk literally would not serve us and told us to get back into our car for our own good. Middle of the day.
    You two are reminding me of the time I was working promotions with another girl, we were both in college. Had an event at a store on Aurora Ave S. (i can hear the locals laughing now-the area is also known as 'hooker row'), a cop car pulled in, asked us if we were okay. We must have looked confused, because they then told us, "this area has the highest crime rate in the state, see the cameras?" He points to the street cams..."you probably don't want to stick around much longer, it's getting late" .

We tore down that kiosk and threw it in the van so fast...it also explains all the weirdos that kept coming up to us.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendp said:

Did any of you see Bubbles? Just curious if he kept himself together all these years.

We have the Mexican Cartels here. A couple of people have been pushed out of cars into traffic on the highway by them over the years. That seems to be the local elements way of making a point to the other members. Phoenix tries to hide their issues and seems to have the media in their pocket. Good for tourism I bet. When we looked to move here we read the local papers for a while to see what crime was like. We had no idea of the meth problem and other issues until we got here. Local news reports some but none ever hit the papers.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

Oh, yes. We were there in the middle of the day, too. I love Baltimore, but I've learned that you kind of have to watch where you go. :worried:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901

I didn't realize Mormons were bad?

you definitely don't want to get caught in temple square after dark :nuh_uh:
    hedonist said:

South LA / Compton / Inglewood / Long Beach.

the last time edddie played the wiltern, the wife and I took your little known train/subway thing in from LAX....the wait for our transfer in long beach seemed very long indeed :tired_face:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    In my town the most common shitty part is known as South End. However, there are numerous pockets of trashy houses & people in every section of town. Even the really nice areas. Like, in any one mile stretch of a street it'll be nice houses, nice houses, nice houses, 2 blocks of HUD homes, nice houses, nice houses. It's kinda weird, really.
  • Out of all the places I've lived so far.. Los Angeles was the worst for crime, ( drugs, illicit sec acts etc..) Kansas City was the worst for dangerous crime, ( murder, kidnapping etc. but at the same time?? KC was the most community oriented city I
    Have EVER lived in), and Colorado Springs has been the worst in terms of Arson! Out of the 13 fires around my general area up through Denver, 10 were set by. Arsonists. But. When it comes to places that I WILL NOT go?? I really have yet to experience that sort of bad part of town.. Even at 3:30 A.M. Walking down 26th st. In Bronzeville wasn't as scary as everyone made it out to be.. ( I'll have to tell you the Midnight Cracker story one day.. To this day my sister calls me tge midnight cracker!! Lol), and I had left my pistol at the hotel, cause of the concert. ( Wrigley )! So yet to confront that.. Maybe I'm just calloused, or something.. Or maybe I'm just not scared to die.. Or maybe God knows that I'd GET myself killed opening my mouth, and I'm not supposed to die quite yet.. Who knows.. But I've only been to so many places too. Just haven't run into one yet that scares me enough to not tread there.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    ^^^^^^ how many freaking places have you lived???????

one step ahead of the law?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

^^^^^^ how many freaking places have you lived???????

one step ahead of the law?

Lol! Nope. Colorado makes the eighth state I have resided in. And I ran cattle for 10 years.. Hence my living in New Mexico, Texas, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Born and raised in Cali.., now l I live in Colorado. :-). 8 states.. Need to go live in some more.. Lol