Options

Looking for a great turntable for a great price???

2»

Comments

• Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    rw160510 said:

Nami said:

I have a Debut Carbon and love it! Got mine from Needledoctor and upgraded to the Ortofon 2m Blue stylus. Next up - acrylic platter.
    Nick, you are correct about the U-turn tables. Pro-ject has not done a kickstarter campaign.

are your currently running the metal platter with included felt mat? or are you using a cork/rubber mat?

Also, has the blue ortofon 2m stylus made much difference?

Im looking to upgrade to acrylic due to the static from metal platter and felt mat.
    I've said this about the debut carbon before but it's worth repeating. I am really pleased with it as TT but the acrylic platter is well worth spending the extra cash on. The stock mat and metal platter generate so much static.The acrylic platter has greatly improved my listening experience. Next up is a stylus upgrade.
    Agreed! I upgraded to the acrylic platter and it was a great decision.

My vinyl rides bareback on the acrylic. No mats!
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 912

rw160510 said:

Nami said:

I have a Debut Carbon and love it! Got mine from Needledoctor and upgraded to the Ortofon 2m Blue stylus. Next up - acrylic platter.
    Nick, you are correct about the U-turn tables. Pro-ject has not done a kickstarter campaign.

are your currently running the metal platter with included felt mat? or are you using a cork/rubber mat?

Also, has the blue ortofon 2m stylus made much difference?

Im looking to upgrade to acrylic due to the static from metal platter and felt mat.
    I've said this about the debut carbon before but it's worth repeating. I am really pleased with it as TT but the acrylic platter is well worth spending the extra cash on. The stock mat and metal platter generate so much static.The acrylic platter has greatly improved my listening experience. Next up is a stylus upgrade.
    Agreed! I upgraded to the acrylic platter and it was a great decision.

My vinyl rides bareback on the acrylic. No mats!
    Yeah, no mat's required.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I don't use a mat with my acrylic platter. Nice to have one less accessory to deal with :)

Also I think I mentioned before but will say again, if anyone's thinking of purchasing from the link in the original post, I think that's for the older version of the Pro-Ject Debut. There's a newer version, which is what I have and love. Do your research before you purchase so that you're not disappointed.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    Suziemay said:

I don't use a mat with my acrylic platter. Nice to have one less accessory to deal with :)

Also I think I mentioned before but will say again, if anyone's thinking of purchasing from the link in the original post, I think that's for the older version of the Pro-Ject Debut. There's a newer version, which is what I have and love. Do your research before you purchase so that you're not disappointed.

Original link is over now.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13